Author Topic: new 2011 rule changes  (Read 103148 times)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: new 2011 rule changes
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2010, 10:49:38 PM »
Time for Budweiser engineering :cheers:      Can I get an AMEN from the congregation ?

Call me a heretic, but I don't drink Budweiser. 

I only drink beer.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2010, 11:23:16 PM »
Time for Budweiser engineering :cheers:      Can I get an AMEN from the congregation ?

Call me a heretic, but I don't drink Budweiser. 

I only drink beer.

Amen MM...  :cheers:

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2010, 11:37:37 PM »
Budweiser "A headache in every can"
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline dw230

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2010, 06:36:31 PM »
I wanted to let everyone know that I am waiting for approval from the board so that I can release the changes to the public. I do not anticipate any problems, just a little proof reading.

When I publish the changes all I need to do on my end is update certain areas, like Save the Salt message, dates from ECTA and others, buy a bottle of Jack Daniels and go over to Jim Miller's for a photo party.

When that is done we can publish a rulebook. I, and the board, are shooting for January. This is a long term goal that has taken me a few years to accomplish.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »

When that is done we can publish a rulebook. I, and the board, are shooting for January. This is a long term goal that has taken me a few years to accomplish.

DW
[/quote]

DW

Sounds like a plan.  Thanks for all the effort and the update on it.

Ed

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »
It's about 7.30 Sunday evening (here in Michigan, at least) and I've just posted the 2011 SCTA rule changes on the home page of landracing.com.  If you don't remember how to get to the home page -- there's a link at the upper left hand corner of the page you're reading, right under your photo or avatar or whatever you've got up there.  It says "Back to landracing.com home page".

Go right now and take a scan through.  They'll stay up for a while, don't you worry.  Dan reports they hope to have the rulebooks available in January.

Thank you very much, Dan -- and everyone in the SCTA chain of command, which includes racers that take the time to submit rule change requests.  It's great -- having the changes available before the end of November of the year preceding when the new rules will be in effect.

Go read 'em!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
Thanks, Jon!
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2010, 10:59:03 PM »
Ouch.

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2010, 08:55:57 AM »
Thanks for posting!

The safety film solution looks like a good decision. Might be several folks having to redo their roll cages to get their lateral head support to go all the way past the leading edge of their helmet.  Might make some cars very difficult to egress.

I just wish the rule keeping quick change rear ends out of production would be repealed. I just don't see the significance.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:24 AM »
Thanks for posting!

The safety film solution looks like a good decision. Might be several folks having to redo their roll cages to get their lateral head support to go all the way past the leading edge of their helmet.  Might make some cars very difficult to egress.

I just wish the rule keeping quick change rear ends out of production would be repealed. I just don't see the significance.

Did you send in a rule change request form. You can get one on the SCTA site.  :wink:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
Mayor, 

Thanks for yours and UNKNOWN others for the  tremendous efforts over the last few years to make this happen..  Rules KNOWN and PUBLISHED before Dec 1st..   :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:44:18 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2010, 12:26:24 PM »
  Man o life, am I ever concerned about the new helmet side restraint rule.
  First of all, I don't think that any of the previously approved "race car seats" with built in side supports will meet the 2" rule.
  Secondly, I don't think a driver in a closed car will be able to enter the drivers seat with a helmet and "hans" type forward restraint system in place.  Trying to put those devices on in the car is next to impossible.
  Thirdly, if the driver is of moderate height, I don't know how he can possibly duck under the drivers side restraint with his helmet and/or restraint in place.
  Fourth, in the event of fire or emergency, I don't think removing either of these devices with your fire gloves on is a option.  Try undoing your helmet with a pair of SFI 20 gloves on.
  Fifth, exiting the car in a fire, is being greatly impeded by this decision.
  Sixth, our sport is unique in that we tow or push our race cars through the pits and on the return roads.  We share the pits with spectators, other race cars, pit vehicles, rat rods, and tourists who all seem oblivious to their surroundings.
  Try sitting in the drivers seat and having to look our to the side and imagine a kid on a bycycle trying to pass you as you turn into your pit. 
  Imagine turning off the race course onto the return road and T-boning a chase vehicle .
  I am as much a proponent of safety as anyone our there, but I believe this rule has gone too far in trying to protect us from our selves..........Bob Drury.
Bob Drury

Offline jl222

« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »
 Man o life, am I ever concerned about the new helmet side restraint rule.
  First of all, I don't think that any of the previously approved "race car seats" with built in side supports will meet the 2" rule.
  Secondly, I don't think a driver in a closed car will be able to enter the drivers seat with a helmet and "hans" type forward restraint system in place.  Trying to put those devices on in the car is next to impossible.
  Thirdly, if the driver is of moderate height, I don't know how he can possibly duck under the drivers side restraint with his helmet and/or restraint in place.
  Fourth, in the event of fire or emergency, I don't think removing either of these devices with your fire gloves on is a option.  Try undoing your helmet with a pair of SFI 20 gloves on.
  Fifth, exiting the car in a fire, is being greatly impeded by this decision.
  Sixth, our sport is unique in that we tow or push our race cars through the pits and on the return roads.  We share the pits with spectators, other race cars, pit vehicles, rat rods, and tourists who all seem oblivious to their surroundings.
  Try sitting in the drivers seat and having to look our to the side and imagine a kid on a bycycle trying to pass you as you turn into your pit.  
  Imagine turning off the race course onto the return road and T-boning a chase vehicle .
  I am as much a proponent of safety as anyone our there, but I believe this rule has gone too far in trying to protect us from our selves..........Bob Drury.

I sent in a rule change request addressing the problem of exiting the car and fire resulting in DEATH so the committee members knew about it. As far as I know
 I also suggested that they ''highly recommend the use of a Hans type device but not make it mandatory as it would not work in all cars.
                       JL222
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:33:06 PM by jl222 »

Offline jl222

« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »
What you didn't write here or Pat did not tell you is that NO suggestions for window changes will be going to the board as a result of the meeting held on Sat.

DW

I must be missing something :?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:38:20 PM by jl222 »

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2010, 02:05:48 PM »
" First of all, I don't think that any of the previously approved "race car seats" with built in side supports will meet the 2" rule."

I am trying to interpet the rule correctly. I believe it is 2" side to side with the helmet supports extending forward at minimum to the front leading edge of the helmet :?
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean