Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64827 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Willie's health
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »
 lol  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2010, 02:01:16 AM »
Went to the doctors Thursday. They scoped his throat and said that the steroids were helping. Everything looked good. Just waiting to hear from the surgeon in UCSF for the consult appointment. Why can't they hurry this up??
Saying a little prayer....

Anvil, He probably already has that one figured out.

Sheri Buchta

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2010, 02:21:16 AM »
Sheri, most of us are saying more than a little prayer. He's a good man we need around.

Take care.

Pete

Offline Anvil*

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »

Anvil, He probably already has that one figured out.

Well, he did fall in with a crowd that if they dreadged a 1930's motor up from a lake, put it in a disposable fuel tank from WWII, and somehow broke 400mph they'd still be figuing how they might do at least 410mph next year. 8-)

And if you need someone to knock on an office door at UCSF let us know, we'll take turns.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »
Sheri,

Let Willie know our entire LSR Family is pulling for him.  Many prayers and well wishes sent.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2010, 08:17:18 PM »
Sherri, being strong is one thing.

Crying on a friends shoulder is part of that.

You have no idea how many shoulders are available to you.

Use any one of us that you need.

I'm taking the liberty to offer any of us that are available to you.

If Willie has a project that is promised and he isn't available to complete,

Say so.

Someone will cover his obligation.

It will just give him more time to recover.

Love, Hugs and Prayers from a group of dedicated people.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
I got a e-mail regarding Willie. He is home and has gained about 9 lbs. His breathing is better but also knows it's a rough road ahead. His spirit is pretty good but it's hard being down and not able to work on the bikes. Sheri is tired and is strong in helping Willie. As one that had throat cancer and not being able to talk for some time I can relate to what he is going through. The radiation kicks your ass and the loss of energy and anything you try to eat tastes like tin foil. Willie knows what he is up against and is a fighter. He knows we are all praying for his recovery and his return to LSR next year. We miss your build pages on the landracing Willie.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »
We're pulling for you Willie.. :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
Glen just posted and reminded me that he suggested, a week or two ago, that I post this story regarding Willie and Sheri.[/i]

Gear Grinder Club member Willie Buchta is battling throat cancer and is close to full time bed ridden at this time. He's able to make short trips out of the house to open his shop or ride in a car, but he cannot work or engage in normal business routines. He's slowly gaining back a little weight since getting a feeding tube and he's able to talk but gets winded easily with the tracheotomy tube. On the positive side, he's as spirited as ever and battling with all his strength.

His wife, Sheri, provided me with an account number that can be used for donations or a fund raising effort among the SCTA Clubs. This is a private account in the name of Willie and Sheri Buchta and I personally have no access or signature authority on it.

For verification, Sheri Buchta can be reached by phone at 209 605-9189. Please keep in mind that she is very busy with full time care for Willie.

Willie Buchta

F&M Bank

901 North Carpenter Rd.  Suite 90

Modesto, CA 95351

800 295-1519

Routing Number 121108441

Acct Number      322 808 900

With Sheri's permission I have initiated efforts to obtain donations from Willie's sponsors, SCTA Clubs or from any individuals willing to assist them in this time of need. Any fund raising efforts by Willie's many SCTA friends, SCTA clubs or members would be greatly appreciated. Checks for this effort can be deposited in the account electronically by contacting your own bank, by phone or with a check sent in by mail.

Thank you for your serious consideration and assistance in the outreach effort regarding this urgent matter.

Sincerely,

Bill Lewis

Gear Grinder member in good standing.

SCTA member in good standing

209 532-2271

horsense@mlode.com
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2010, 10:42:11 PM »
Willie has an appointment in the morning with his oncologist. Hopefully they will tell us something good for a change. Still no call from UCSF...Thought that I'd send a pic of Willie with one of our very best friends. She came to help for a couple of weeks and I don't know what I would have done without her. I also want to thank all of you who have sent donations. Willie is sleeping a little better these days. We can't thank everyone enough. I also want to personally thank OZ for sending those beautiful roses and oriental lillies. I don't know how you knew those were my favorite combo, but you did. Thank you so very much.
Willie is on a standstill, as far as his weight goes. He gained about 10 pounds then hasn't gained any in a few days. I feed him every 4 hours now, so hopefully that will change again, soon. At least he is not losing any more. One more thanks I have to shout out...Thank you Art and Linda Mitchell(Our major sponsor), for providing us with a bed. When we brought Willie home we moved our bed into the living room and set up a hospital bed in our bedroom. I slept in the living room one night and decided to move back into the bedroom with Willie because I couldn't hear him if something were to go wrong. I was sleeping on pads from our trailer and as soon as Art heard about this, he had a Niagara bed brought over and set up. It is a double full size with dual controls that can either be hooked together or placed separately. It even has magic fingers for your back and legs. I'm finding myself in bed a lot more lately. Thanks again Art and Linda for all you have done.
We will keep you informed of any changes as they come about. Thanks everybody, once again. You give us hope and faith as we travel this rough and rocky road. Love to our LSR family.....
Sheri

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2010, 12:04:09 AM »
 :evil: Willie we love the scarlet Nails  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2010, 08:45:18 AM »
Folks, for those of you that would like to send funds to Willie and Sheri but are overseas -- so that sending  money is difficult or costs a bunch because of the price of international transfers -- please consider depositing the funds in the landracing.com Paypal account.  Notify me of what you're doing and how much -- and I'll send a check to the Buchta family.  I received two such transfers this morning.  It'll work, and it will be quicker than if you send for foreign lands.

Thank you.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2010, 12:14:25 AM »
Finally some good news. Got a call from UCSF and we have an appointment set for this Wednesday Dec.1 with Dr. Leem. Happy early birthday Noonan. Hopefully it will be a good day for us, as it will be for you. We also have an appointment set for his Pet Scan this Thursday morning. And the ball has started rolling..
Thanks aren't enough for all of our LSR family out there. You have all outdone yourselves with your generosity and well wishes. I thank you from all of my heart and so does Willie.
As soon as I get any news you will be the first to hear it here. God bless you all and Thank you, once again.

Sheri

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2010, 12:53:06 AM »
Great news Sheri..it might be a reborn day for Willie :cheers:

Wishing you the best.. :cheers:

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2010, 12:10:08 AM »
Went to UCSF this morning. After dropping Willie at the door and taking almost a half hour trying to find a place to park(6 blocks away),we found that we didn't know much more about his condition than we had known, before we arrived there. We did however, meet with a pretty informative surgeon, Dr. Leem. He was still kind of new to Willie's files, and had not had time to look over any of his tests. Tomorrow morning Willie is scheduled for a pet scan, and this will be the determining factor on whether he has surgery or not. There are a few options, one being the surgery and a possible chemo treatment. He did scope his throat and said that he does see that the tumor is surrounding his voice box, so that removal was imminent. He also spoke of removing the lymph nodes in the neck and any cancerous tissue, as well. His hospital stay will be at least two weeks and prior to that he will have to go in to have another endoscopy done by Dr. Leem to see the extent of the growth. Now for the bad news...If the cancer has spread to other areas of the body, surgery could be out of the question. For now that is all the bad news that I am willing to put out there. I only have time for the positive aspects right now. I am focusing on positive. The doctor told us that he should see the results within a few days and that on Wednesday they will have a meeting of minds and hopefully let us know where he stands from there.
Tired....
Must sleep....

Thanks everyone for your continued support.
love  Sheri