Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64828 times)

Offline Anvil*

Re: Willie's health
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
Sheri,

Try not to get too angry at him for being a bit of a brat, it's trying to cope and trying to have some control of even one thing. The flip side is it gets impossible to be there for him 24/7, get everything done that has to get done, and then still eat and sleep. He'll have to allow a nurse and/or another willing friend/family to help, minimum.

I'm not in a much better location than Modesto to get you to UCSF (San Jose), hopefull someone further up the peninsula and near transit has some crash space so you can skip the long commute a few days each week with someone watching the place and taking in the mail back home. Other than that, mass transit MAX to Dublin/BART looks the most direct but ACE to CalTrain may allow more rest time. Driving back and forth dead tired is a no-no, please don't.

Sounds like it's still worth fighting, so go for it and good luck.

Offline Geo

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2010, 03:19:46 PM »
Sheri and Willie,

Thinking about you two today.  Not a day goes by that some here summon all the help they can for the both of you.  Tell Willie we are there in the room too.

Wish I could remember what else I was going to write... but, I got carried away and forgot.  Sorry about that. 

Well back to thinking of seeing both of you and having a chat in person rather than the ones we have had in email.

Geo

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2010, 03:34:37 PM »
Sheri:

Glad to hear he's being a little cantankerous. That means he's got some fight in him and he'll need it all to beat this.

As much as you care, don't let yourself get totally run down looking after Willie. You won't be able to do a good job when he really needs you if you allow yourself to reach total exhaustion. My mother made that mistake and she never really recovered from the expenditure she made.

Please, both of you take as much care as you can and I'm pulling for you with all my might for the happiest of outcomes during these troubled times.

Pete

Offline Dutch

• New folks
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2010, 10:13:57 PM »
Sheri and Willie my prayers are with you. I am a survivor of the big C and i wish you all the best.
Rich   

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2010, 11:30:28 PM »
Our thoughts and prayers are with you both!

Barb & Buddy
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline El Wayno

• New folks
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2010, 12:51:54 AM »
Hey Sheri, best thoughts and prayers going out to you two. I live in Livermore and you need something let me know. I might be able to give ya a ride to UCSF, or just mow the lawn. Whatever I can do. Will PM you with my number.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2010, 05:20:57 PM »
Willie/Sheri

Hope all is well and hope to see you two soon...

Get well Willie.  :cheers:

John from Vegas..

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2010, 07:21:48 PM »
Thanks John,
Willie is home. I brought him home night before last. He had the tracheotomy which he is adjusting to, so he is breathing a lot easier. We go back to see his doctor on Thursday and we are hoping that by then he will have an appointment for UCSF for the surgery consult. We are both pretty tired and glad to be home. Miss everyone terribly and appreciate all the well wishes. This has all been overwhelming but it is calming down some. I know our fight is just beginning but now that he can breathe and eat, we have a fighting chance. I promise to keep everyone up to date.

Thanks again everyone.
Sheri Buchta

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2010, 07:28:01 PM »
How good to be home again -- where things are normal and you and Willie can relax.  Well, not all that much -- but isn't it nice to be in your own place?  I'm pretty sure that Willie is glad to be away from the hustle and bustle - and so are you.  You both need your strength these days - and now you can start to get some of it.  Nancy and I both send our best wishes and good thoughts for Willie - and you, too, Sheri.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »
Thanks for the update Sheri. We really enjoy getting the good news even when it is small steps. :-D :-D :-D

Be sure to get enough rest yourself.

Pete

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »
Being home is a good thing, at the hospital one gets very little rest and a lot of needle pokes 24-7. Willie my friend you will pull through this. Think positive, our prayers are working for you. :-)
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »
Good news you are back home. Gives both of you time to rest and gain strength before the operation. Thanks for keeping us posted. Tell Willie I cleaned the rocker arms and said thanks.

Tom G. 
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 11:36:37 AM »
 :cheers: Welcome back home Willie!  Get better, stronger, and take care, the both of you! If I don't see you sooner, I will try and get by the shop sometime later, when Willie is up and goin' again!  My love to you both , and the rest of the family also!       Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline High Gear

• Team Arrow Racing
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2010, 03:38:46 PM »
Great to hear that you are home again.
All the best to you both.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Gary
Fix What You Know is Wrong First
Spirits Of The Lakes E/FMS Berkeley #569

Offline Anvil*

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »
Hoping Thursday went OK and for setting up the consult.

Tell him he needs to work out a molded rubber bit that can be strapped over his neck with Velcro straps and can tie into a filtered air system for welding. Sketch it up while in the waiting room, worry the doctors some... 8-)