Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64815 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Willie's health
« Reply #360 on: January 30, 2011, 01:13:15 PM »
  Thanx Jon and John N.  A great idea and a wonderful result.   
                             :cheers:         Bob
Bob Drury

Offline salt27

« Reply #361 on: January 30, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
Once again I am reminded why Land Racing is the best form of motorsports, it's the people.
Thank you all for helping one of our own.

If you are sending a check for a badge/donation, please make it out to Don Jackson, as I do not have a separate account for this and the bank gets kind of fussy on the name thing.

You can order badges by using Landracing's PayPal [Please indicate gift] or you can mail cash, check or money order to
                      Don Jackson
                      2683 Scotts Valley Rd.
                      Yoncalla, OR. 97499
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 01:34:16 PM by salt27 »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #362 on: January 30, 2011, 05:40:44 PM »
Well, well -- it's been pointed out that using the Paypal buttons on landracing.com doesn't offer the "gift" option, so I guess you should instead go looking for the account that's accessed by my email address, which is available when you click the little envelope icon at the lower left part of this (and all) posts.  I don't want to put it up here - since it'd invite more spammers, I figure, and I simply don't want any Slovakian girlfriends or super-duper offers for Vigra (mis-spelled just like they do).  Anyway -- send the money, click the "gift" option (it's there - look for it, maybe on the second page of the forms, make sure you give Don* your mailing address and such, and we'll respond by sending you the pines that you want.

*  I forward the Paypal notice of money received to him so he can keep track and do the mailing.

As always -- thanks very much for helping Sheri and more so -- for remembering Willie Buchta.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #363 on: January 30, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »
Spoke with J. Noonan today and he told me about the pins. I donated $20 to the website via S Butcha prior to reading your last post. I hope I didn't screw anything up. Awesome what you guys are doing!

Scott

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #364 on: January 30, 2011, 07:10:01 PM »
Scott it's fine and thank you for the donation..Shane bought two of them last night..did you want to match him.. :evil:

Jon W will forward the shipping information to Don and Don can take care of the mailing out.

Thank you to all that donated and those that will.. :cheers:

I still have a few pins here however I am taking them to the two trade shows in a few days as some of the people that want them will be at them.

Big thanks to Ron Main for his generous donation as well. :-D

John

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #365 on: February 04, 2011, 01:03:20 PM »
Don,

Sent a money order donation and pin order via snail mail this morning.  If they don't show up please let me know.

Thanks to everyone involved for stepping up to help Sheri and family through these difficult times.

Ed

Offline salt27

« Reply #366 on: February 05, 2011, 01:25:57 AM »
Don,

Sent a money order donation and pin order via snail mail this morning.  If they don't show up please let me know.

Thanks to everyone involved for stepping up to help Sheri and family through these difficult times.

Ed
Ed,
Thank you for helping.
I haven't received the badges yet but as soon as I do they will be shipped.

Don

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #367 on: February 05, 2011, 09:07:21 AM »
I asked Heather Black, the Gear Grinders secretary, for an update on the number of badges she hasn't sold (at the meeting just the other night).  Once I hear from hear (I expect that any day now, maybe today) I'l know if I need to have her ship them to Don - or make and send a new batch to him.  You'll have the badges from me (or Heather) by mid-week, Don.

Thanks one more time, one and all, for helping Sheri - and remembering Willie.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #368 on: February 05, 2011, 10:33:42 AM »
Jon, the GG banquet is March 5th. I can get mine from Heather then to save shipping them all over. There will be alot of out of town members there that might do the same as well. Just a thought...
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: February 05, 2011, 11:35:47 AM »
Okay -- I had thought the GG banquet was most any day now.  For sure the Sidewinders is two weeks from today.

So I guess I'll make a batch of Willie Badges Monday and send them to Don so he can fill the orders -- and I'll take the chance that Heather might not sell them all.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline desotoman

« Reply #370 on: February 05, 2011, 01:50:02 PM »
I was wondering if there was going to be any services for Willie and I just stumbled across this on the SCTA website so I thought I would post it here.

Tom G.

02/04/11:  I know most of you know by now that Willie passed away on January 19th. We will be having a memorial service for him at Mitchell's Modesto Harley Davidson in the restaurant Knuckleheads, next door. Art and Linda Mitchell are graciously putting on a spaghetti feed for all who come. We hope that most of you can bring an appetizer or desert. I hope to have all of Willie's family and friends present. For those of you coming from far away, we will be setting up beds at the house and you are welcome to stay. There is talk of a poker game and drinking on the agenda afterwards at the house. If you can please email me or call and let me know if you are coming. We need a head count for the spaghetti. Thanks and I hope to see you all there.          

The memorial will be on Saturday, February the 19th, at Mitchell's Modesto Harley Davidson at 500 N. Carpenter Road Modesto, Ca. Time will be 3:00 Pm. Hope to see you all there.

Love Sheri
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:51:58 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline debgeo

« Reply #371 on: February 05, 2011, 03:18:37 PM »
I am sure Sherri's plate is kinda full right now. I know she will appreciate you posting this. THANKS :-) :-) :-)
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
Jon,
We sold and delivered another r badges at the V twin show in Ohio, more will sell I am sure.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: February 06, 2011, 07:32:20 PM »
Let's see, "r" is the 18th letter.  Is that how many you sold at the show?  Great.

Speaking of them, Don Jackson will be mailing out the badges that you kind folks have requested (and most paid for) here or via a simple Paypal donation.  He'll mail them this week as his work allows him time, once he gets them from Heather Black (GG secretary) and me.

As always -- thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #374 on: February 06, 2011, 07:35:07 PM »
Jon
Is there a total number sold so far, sure hope a lot. I ordered  mine from Heather as I need to send the club dues as well.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah