Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64814 times)

Offline salt27

Re: Willie's health
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2011, 11:13:06 AM »
There are two ways to order "Willie badges".

1. You can PayPal Landracing.com [be sure to indicate gift and Willie badge].

2. You can mail me, Don Jackson
                           2683 Scotts Valley Rd.
                           Yoncalla, OR.  97499

The badges are $20 each, cash, check or money order, made out to me.
Sheri will receive the net procedes.

It will probably next week before I have the badges to send.

Thank you for helping, Don

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
Ever wonder what it looks like to be producing Willie badges by the sheet of 56 at a time:

First, digitize the art and get it ready to go to the laser machine:

Then load a 12x24 sheet of "Lazerblack" stock into the machine and focus the lens of the laser head:

The we press the start button and the laser head goes back and forth at about 25 in/sec and moves down about .001"/pass.

And finally, about an hour and a quarter later (there are lots of those .001" steps from top to bottom):

We'll ship about 150 or 200 (didn't count precisely) to John Noonan this afternoon, shipping FedEx 2nd day air to get them from Skandia, Michigan to Huntington Beach, CA, in plenty of time for him to take 'em to the SCTA banquet Saturday evening.

We'll then produce a bunch for the Gear Grinders (will send them directly to Heather for her dispersal to members of the GG) and another batch to Don Jackson so he can fill the individual orders.

WHEW!!!

R I P, Willie, knowing that all of your fellow racers think of you often.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline salt27

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Well, I'm waiting for Don (salt27) to get on here to announce what he's planning.  He said he'd take charge of the shipping and receiving orders and so on.  I hope he doesn't get scared off when he sees how many there are.

Scared no, well maybe a little.
I decided to upgrade our mail holding ability today [found a big mailbox on Craigslist].
The little mailbox has served this property for over fifty years but my wife gets a little steamed when she has to make a 12 mile trip to the post office for a small package [she's only lived here 30 years, dang newcomers anyway].

Don  :-D

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #348 on: January 28, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »
I'll be looking for a Willie badge at the SCTA banquet.  Great job folks.
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #349 on: January 28, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »
Shane...I have some dough for you to give to Sheri as well..

See you there..

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #350 on: January 28, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
Slim the pins made it here, thank you for getting them to us quickly.. Michelle's Mom and Michelle already bought one so with mine that is three so far.. :cheers:

I will keep a small handful if they so not sell out at the banquet to take with me to the Indy and Cincinnati motorcycle trade shows..some racers already said they would be there to pick them up.  :cheers:

Attention Willie plaque buyers..

I am not sure many will be sold at the banquet however we (Heather, Michelle and I) will do our best to support Sheri and hope that the racers will purchase these to support Sheri in this terrible time.  Cost is a minimum $20.00 donation..more can be given and it is appreciated.

There are four different types of them in limited quantities at this time.. 

1. Gloss Black on Aluminum laser etched with double stick tape.

2. Gloss Black on Aluminum laser etched with a magnet on one side and a removable magnet so you can wear it like a pin without poking holes
    in your favorite racing attire/chest.

3. Plastic with Silver/Chrome background with tape like # 1

4. Plastic with Silver/Chrome background with a pin so you can poke holes in your clothing and chest.

Thank you in advance for your support.. :cheers:

John

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #351 on: January 28, 2011, 09:30:53 PM »
For the record -- there is an assortment of styles because we made all we could make with what we had available.  When we ran out of one engraving stock (plastic or metal) we'd use another,  We used up all of the magnet backs and all of the stick pins and then used the double-sided tape.

We ordered more of everything, so the next batch will probably be all the same - in the concept of keeping the cost under control by not having to reset the machine each time, and so on.  Our personal favorites were the metal ones with magnets.  They look the slickest, and with the magnets can go on any metal surface -- like the gas tank of a bike or the dashboard of a car, as well as on fabric.

Let me know what's the favorite -- if there is a preference -- and we'll try to make 'em that way.  But remember -- it's not a pin that you're buying.  You're remembering Willie and helping Sheri.  If the pin never sees anything but the inside of your toolbox -- you've done the most important part.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2011, 12:09:59 AM »
John and Michelle

Count me in when you sign the mural I have for Sherri.

Remind everyone to come sign the mural.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
It's a little before noon on Saturday, the 29th, and so far we've received $367.48 in the Paypal account for Sheri Buchta.  It would have/could have been $380, but none of the folks that sent money checked the "gift" box on the PP payment page - so Paypal did, indeed, take their pound of flesh from each donation.  Too bad, but still pretty nice.  I'll mail a check to Sheri in a few days -- and then start all over with a new total.  Keep those donations coming, folks, and thank you very much for the ones you've already sent.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »
I guess I'm a dummy. I was ready to click on my CC info and still had not seen a "gift" option...  So maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong before I complete the payment. Thanks :?
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
Jon,

I can find the gift option of I go to www.paypal.com, but cannot find it if I access from your site.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »
Unh, let's see -- I've only used it once.  Most of the Paypal stuff I do is receive money for the website.  Maybe someone else will chime in with help here.  It shouldn't be too difficult to find it, though -- click around.  I know it was on the second "level" that I found "gift" -- in other words, I first was at a screen and clicked through it to the next one -- and that's when I saw "gift".  Keep looking, and thanks for your patience.

G'night.

PS  TO Flattie:  Maybe that's what you've gotta do.  Unh, the lr.com account is linked to my email addy, so you might have to send to it -- "jonwennerberg (at) nancyandjon (dot) org.  Try it that way?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2011, 09:54:13 PM »

Sorry Jon, but it does not appear possible through your site. I just tried again. Your site is set as a 'donation', so you get different options at paypal.com.

Looks like we can either use paypal.com, or if going through your site donation button, pay $20.60.

Of course, someone may still figure it out.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Geo

« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »
OK that works!  :cheers:

Go to www.paypal.com and click on the personal tab to have the Gift option.

copy and paste SSS address jonwennerberg (at) nancyandjon (dot) org then edit it by changing the (at) to @ and the dot.

Near the end at the bottom of the page is a box for a note to Jon.

Thanks Jon, Don and John!

Geo

Offline John Noonan

Thank you so much!
« Reply #359 on: January 30, 2011, 04:18:38 AM »
Thank you to all of the people so far that donated to the Willie Buchta memorial fund ..between the money that was collected with Jon&Nancy Wennerberg, the 150 bucks Michelle and I donated and the nearly 600 bucks we received tonight at the SCTA awards banquet for the Landracing.com memorial plaques the first payment to Sheri is $1,140.00. :cheers:

Heather Black the Secretary for the Gear Grinders has the rest of the plaques for the Gear Grinders..She has 40+ of them pre-sold to friends and fellow Gear Grinder club members. :cheers:

Thanks to Jim and Becky for hauling the cash to Sheri tomorrow. :cheers:

John