Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64832 times)

HotRodV8

Re: Willie's health
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
SSS

I like the concept of the pin. I'll want a couple. You will let us know if we buy them from you or GG.

Offline Queeziryder

• Former funnybike racer now Salt crew
    • G&N Racing
« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »
Excelent idea Jon,
Please don't forget us overseas that would like to help

Neil
Old enough to know better, but too interested in speed to care

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
I'm at Kudos Laser right now, making up a batch of them (while Nancy is at the gym, next door).   I'll get these done today - and will post a photo later on.  We're thinking that we'll clearcoat them (hey, did I aslready say tha?) to improve their longevity.  To keep our cost at a minimum we're using small "left over" pieces of engraving material (vs. buying all new stock).  I want the minimum cost to maximize what goes to Sheri.

On another note, Pork Pie sent over a great photo of Willie leaving the line on a record back up run from 2009.  I don't know if we'll try using that one -- because with Willie's head in there the resulting badge would be much bigger.  I'll give it a look-see tomorrow (I don't have access to that email account here at the store - today, at least).

For youse guys overseas -- sure, we can ship them to anyplace.  Give us mailing addresses and we'll determine how much postage you'll need to pay.  I know it's a bother for me to set up additional Paypal accounts, so I'll ask for payments be either in Paypal to the landracing.com account ( follow any of the buttons on the website and in the Forum ), or else those old reliable forms of payment -- cash, check, or money order.  We'll also accept a few grams of gold and maybe your first-born's left arm (as long as that kid is a good worker so we can put it to use).  Back to the engraver now.  I'll be in touch later.

PS  Will somebody please confirm that Willie's year of birth was 1945?  I looked it up on his Forum profile -- I'd like independent confirmation that I'm doing this correctly.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:51:36 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
Hello Everyone,
                    My name is Kim and I am Sheri's sister. I want to thank you all for your support and let you know that Sheri is with her family trying to deal with this tremendous loss. She will post when the services will be held within the next week and we hope to see many of you. Slim- Willie's birthday was 1/29/1945 and date of death is 1/19/2011. Please accept our family's gratitude for helping Sheri in her time of need. I miss my favorite brother in law who taught me many things but most of all, how to be a good person to all-
                                                                                Sincerely,
                                                                                             Kim

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2011, 03:25:32 PM »
Kim,thanks for the update. Sheri has a lot of support from his racing family. He will be missed and not forgotten. We will always be there for Sheri. RIP Willie.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
On another note, Pork Pie sent over a great photo of Willie leaving the line on a record back up run from 2009.  I don't know if we'll try using that one -- because with Willie's head in there the resulting badge would be much bigger.  I'll give it a look-see tomorrow (I don't have access to that email account here at the store - today, at least).

Jon, this was the start of the qualifier of his last ever record he set in August 2010....This was the reason why I thought it would be great to use them.

Unfortunately I have no idea how you like to do this patch overall, means name, date aso...otherwise I could find maybe a other picture with Willie and the racer....

I will miss Willie...what a great man.

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2011, 03:44:12 PM »
Take a moment and close your eyes. Picture Willie. Picture his smile. While you picture his smile thank God for the times he gave you. For the memories you shared. For the times he made you think, and for everything he taught you that made you a better woman or man. Even if you only ever knew him through here. Then thank his family. All of them for supporting him, and for allowing him to be a part of this brotherhood without reservation. For supporting you, and for being there even if it was only to cheer you on. Remember to celebrate his life.

Well said M'Man. :cheers:
 Thanks for your service. :cheers: :cheers:
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2011, 05:45:12 PM »
Here's an early sample of the tags for Willie.  It's "early" 'cause it's still got the incorrect birth year on it.  I've since changed the programming to show 1945 - 2011.  We made about two dozen of them today, and so now I'd appreciate some idea of how many we should make.  We've got material in the store for another 50 or so, and have material on order to make another three dozen.  It takes a few days, that's all, to get more of the stuff.  We don't usually carry a whole heck of a big inventory so will need to order more if you folks want more.  I'd be happy if we sold hundreds of these -- and so would you, and so would Sheri, I bet.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »
I want two
anything to help Sheri.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »
I want a couple as well.  Last year at SpeedWeek Willie and I were in line to run.  Kenny, my crewman, did this video.  I had no idea he was recording.  I think Willie ran 129+ on this run.  The Harley sounds fantastic.  Its the way I want to remember Willie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwoRBeNkrTk
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline jdeleon

• DELEON AUTO ACCESSORIES
« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »
Heartfelt Condolence.  Godspeed

Offline rambler jack

« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
I'm in for one.
Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there
       SCTA GearGrinder

Offline octane

• Nimbus 750 APS-VBF
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
I'm in.

Thank you Jon.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection
not when there is nothing left to add
but when there is nothing left to take away"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2011, 06:31:42 PM »
One for me!

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2011, 08:33:14 PM »
Sheri, I never had the pleasure of meeting you or Willie. I'm no stranger to the loss of a loved one, though, and my prayers are with you now.

I'd like to help, so I'm in for a couple of tags.

Buddy
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c