Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64821 times)

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
Re: Willie's health
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2011, 10:58:26 PM »
Godspeed   Willie :cry:
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2011, 01:30:42 AM »
As hard as this is for us, Sheri, it must be a hundred times more difficult for you.That last trip to Impound....I know he`s up there smiling down on us all.... :cry:

Offline Cole222

• Recluse Holster
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2011, 01:35:57 AM »
God's grace to you Sheri and may Willie fly as fast as the Angels he is with now!

You both took me in at the Bend in the Road when I arrived late one night during Speedweek 2009 like I was an old friend - the example set I only hope I may be able to pass on (for it is what I have learned LSR is really about).

Tod Cole
"Form and function are the opposite sides of the same coin." R Reagan

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #288 on: January 21, 2011, 12:39:35 PM »
So sorry that I haven't posted anything here yet. I start to type and I can't get keep it together long enough say what I want to say. I promise I will have something in here within a week. For now all I have to say is...

I left my heart in San Francisco   :cry:

Sheri

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »
Sheri we all fully understand and all of our hearts and love are with you. God bless you.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2011, 02:10:59 PM »
Sheri we all fully understand and all of our hearts and love are with you. God bless you.

Exactly what I am thinking. Thanks for saying it Glen.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Nexxussian

« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2011, 03:54:59 PM »
I saw the news on the BNI site and was directed here.

My condolences, words aren't enough.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:57:51 PM by Nexxussian »
Just happy to be here. :-D

Erik

Offline mike mendoza

« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
can't imagine go with God

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2011, 02:49:01 PM »
 Sheri,
 Take whatever time you need,we're all here for you. You need anything do not hesitate to ask.
 My heart goes out to you.
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »
We're in the process of coming up with a little item to be sold to everyone as a method of raising a few bucks for Sheri.  We made a prototype yesterday, on the laser machine, and will fine-tune Monday and then show you folks what we've done.  I'm hoping that one of the guys on the Forum - the guy that suggested the idea - will be the one that you'll mail or email or contact any old way to order yours.  I expect he'll price them in the $20 or less range, but I don't want to put anything out there that he'll regret my having said.  Stay tuned -- and plan to remember Willie in a good and visible way.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2011, 04:45:34 PM »
I'll take one..whatever it is... :-D

It's a good cause for sure. :cheers:

John

Offline sabat

« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2011, 06:07:34 PM »
Sincere condolences to Sheri and all those who knew Willie Buchta. Rest in Peace.

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2011, 04:27:47 AM »
I'll take one..whatever it is... :-D

It's a good cause for sure. :cheers:

John
What he said :-D And I'll take two!
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

DocBeech

« Reply #298 on: January 23, 2011, 04:43:26 AM »
This isn't about me, but for a second I would like to make it about my culture. I'm a Doc, the shove your finger in a bullet hole screaming for mom kind of doc. I served two tours in Iraq, and I know there are other vets here. Some that have probably seen worse than me. I only spent two and a half years in combat in Iraq. So I haven't seen the pain the guys in Vietnam did. But I would like to say that the culture from the military and from my Irish background had it right. Theres a lot of pain here, a lot of people have lost a good friend. I didn't know him but you have my deepest apologies for the loss of your brother. Once again though I can't say I'm sorry his suffering ended. Only that I am happy he was able to finally be cured of his pains.

Now that thats over with. Take a moment and close your eyes. Picture Willie. Picture his smile. While you picture his smile thank God for the times he gave you. For the memories you shared. For the times he made you think, and for everything he taught you that made you a better woman or man. Even if you only ever knew him through here. Then thank his family. All of them for supporting him, and for allowing him to be a part of this brotherhood without reservation. For supporting you, and for being there even if it was only to cheer you on. Remember to celebrate his life.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #299 on: January 23, 2011, 10:15:04 AM »
What we've got going is a nametag, about 3"w by 1 1/2" tall, with a drawing of Willie's bike and some few words so that we can show the world that Willie is not forgot.  I'll make them magnetic - so you can wear them on a jacket or shirt, or so you can attach them to the gas tank of your bike or the dashboard of the car or even to the refrigerator.  Black metal engraved silver.  I'll complete one today, even clearcoating them so they don't easily scratch.  As soon as I do I'll post a photo or two so you can see what you're getting.  I've asked Heather Black, the Gear Grinder's secretary, to ask if the GG as a whole or even some members want a quantity to sell at meetings and at Wal-Mart and wherever the heck they want to.

They won't cost us much to make - less than a buck each (surprisingly, the attaching thingie, be it stick pin or magnet, is about half the cost).

I'll be back later with more.

PS (added a few minutes later): The engraving will also include his year of birth and his passing (1945, in case you were wondering).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:17:47 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com