Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64836 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Willie's health
« Reply #255 on: January 19, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
I'm shocked. Willie will be so missed.

Sheri, please stay strong. We're all here for you.

Pete

Offline Bville701

« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2011, 06:40:03 PM »
Godspeed Willie. You are greatly missed.
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline Anvil*

« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2011, 06:40:20 PM »
A shock truly. Staring and reading through the last couple of pages a few times. I was leaving the Buncke Clinic on Casto Street earlier today and thought of making a detour, but was needed back at work.

Crow is was kind of you to post for her, something she sadly has to repeat, calling family and close friends one by one. Wishing she was saved from the pain of that, but there is a pride of duty buried in there too.  :cry:

Godspeed Willie.

Sheri, don't feel you have to be strong for all of this. There will be time later for the things that need to be done, just survive as best you can for now. We'll still be here.

Offline Eric_Noyes

• http://www.geocities.com/buddfab/buddfab3
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2011, 07:24:01 PM »
Sheri,

I enjoyed pitting next to you and Willie at El Mirage, and seeing him at Speedweek.
He will be missed.

Eric

Offline Geo

« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »
Oh my.  What sad news.  :cry:

Sheri, all of us are with you.  Come with us as we gather our thoughts after this event.  Our strength together will be shared.

Godspeed Willie.

Geo

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
Best wishes and condolences from us here Sheri .
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
If you haven't noticed, I changed the introduction to the "Willie's Builds" topic.  You can find it on the home page of the Forum.  Basically I said that I'll keep the topic up there for a while -- so you don't have to be cut off from learning some of Willie's wisdom.  Someday maybe I'll move it all to an archive -- but for now -- have at it, folks, and think of Sheri and Willie each time you visit there, please.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2011, 08:10:24 PM »
So sorry to hear that news.
Sheri thoughts and prayers to you.

Larry

Offline vintage racer

• 414B 350cc 1941 Indian 106.001
    • IversenOriginals.com
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »
Oh Sheri! Words cannot express how we feel. The first time we met you and Willie, in line at El Mo, he was "expressing" his displeasure at how big you wrote the darn numbers on the windshield. I thought, at the time...boy I don't want to cross that man. You just went about your business,with your great big ole' smile, paying no attention to Willie's grumbling.. and came over to meet us.
How wrong I was about "crossing" that man.
He was giving, strong, willing to share, always willing to help, friendly, open and yes a little cranky! All great attributes of the wonderful man we came to know and appreciate. "Crossing" him was just great conversation.
You are in our hearts.
Can't wait to see you back out in the dust, and we will Sheri. We'll stand around, wipe dirty, dusty tear trails from our cheeks, and share our memories of Willie. As a group, we can cook for you for a change.
Jill and Dave

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »
Thank you, Old Crow, for taken the burden off of Sheri.  This is a sad evening.  Willy had a life well lived.  Be strong.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
V R,
This news sure backwinded my sails.  My experience was much the same as yours, on  first meeting them.
 I thought, well the Lord knows how to balance out things; warm sweet smile, balanced by"Crusty".  But like you I learned that was just appearances. They were both helpful, warm and caring, delightful people. I always looked forward to the next meet when I would seek them out to get to see and visit with them again.

Was so glad to get to see them at B'ville this year. Talked to Willie about loaning him a turbo, he said he wanted to play with turbos next season.  Godspeed OUR friend :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:55:48 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
I'm sure words cannot express your extended family's grief - my keys have teardrops on them.

Godspeed Willie,  fellow fabricator/racer.

God musta guided the perfect stance of your sidehack!

Perfection!

IB
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline Papi

« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
Willie and Sheri have been an inspiration for me and Marina since we started in LSR.  Willie took a lot of time with me at Elmo talking about various approaches, things he learned over the years and so forth.  I will never forget his kindness and generous nature toward me.  He always took time when I wanted to talk about LSR and pick his brain.

This news comes hard.  I spent my morning doubling down on prayers for the difficulty he faced today per Sheri's post on Facebook.  I prayed to watch over Willie and protect him.  In the back of my mind, I know Willie is finally at peace with this awful way he had to live his final days. I also know in Heaven, his speed is Unlimited and when he sees us on the Lakes, he will smile down upon us.

I'm gonna miss you Willie. You treated me like only a good friend would, and you set an example for many of us to live by. God Speed to you.  †

Sheri, I sent you contact info if you need it. We are here if you need anything.
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline rambler jack

« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2011, 10:27:20 PM »
This is very sad news RIP Willie.
Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there
       SCTA GearGrinder

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »
Willie sent me a book from the 60's on how to set up chassis, wouldnt take money for shipping and refused to take it back.
His generosity and personality were overwhelming. I can only aspire to be as influential and helpful as him.

That book is beloved to me, and will never part with it.

Sad day, I'll miss ya WB.

~JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)