Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64839 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Willie's health
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »
Stay strong Sheri. It's often difficult to see through the haze of pain and drugs.

We're all with you and think of you both daily.

Pete

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
Willie, even us clowns who never say anything are pullin' for you. Wayno

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
Sheri

One more for you to read to him:

Willie

Not a day goes by that I don't wonder several times how you are doing.  You have far more LSR family out here pulling for you than you realize.  Gonna be a roller coaster ride I know, with your stand up attitude and talent you can make it.  Looking forward to your build tips when you can get back onto the keyboard as well as meeting you and picking your brain again on the salt.

All the best to both of you and your support crew.

Keep the faith,

Ed

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
Sheri, You tell Willie, any more talk like that and I will send you a bottle of EVERCLEAR for your PARTY and that I suggested that you Slop & Spill a little on some of his stitched areas  :evil: to liven him up a bit. :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:42:14 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »
Sheri,

While I haven't met you or Willie, I am praying for both of you.

I have driven by your pit at El Mirage several times and never had the guts to stop and introduce myself.

This will NOT be the case this year, I am looking forward to meeting Both of you.

Looking forward to 2011, John
As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
Willie seems a little bummed today. He says that he feels like everyone has given up on him.

Sheri

Sheri,

Has the hospital been giving Willie the messages I have been sending? I have been emailing the hospital direct from the link that was posted on this thread, and it said the patient would receive them within 24 hours. If he is not getting the messages through the hospital please let me know and I will start posting again on the forum. 

Thanks,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »
Hey Willie( aka Dpombatmir),
If I wasn't so far away I'd piss on yer boots and tell you it's raining.

Time goes slow when you're stuck flat on your back and you're the kind of creative person who busies themself to hold off the worst thing in the world, boredom.But it's time you need to get back on your feet and you've never sounded like a guy who takes much time out. Sorry to hear you felt neglected , but it also means you've still got an appetite for attention, and thats a really good thing.

I wish you all the best mate , even more so I wish you all the strength in world Sherri because you have the hardest job there is.You've both lost a few battles but you will win the war, and we're all cheering for you.

Dr G
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
 Willie.........DON'T make me come up there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       Love ya,  Crow. LFFL
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline k.h.

« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
Willie and Sherri,

You have a whole lot of folks pulling for you both, here on Landracing and in our prayers.

Is there a mailing address where we can send cards?

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

Offline rambler jack

« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2011, 01:11:24 PM »
Sheri:
          Tell Willie to get his head back up where the sun shines. He has a lot more things to get done before he's my age. Things will be much brighter when he can get back to creating cool things.
                                                                              Jack
Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there
       SCTA GearGrinder

Offline Freud

« Reply #235 on: January 18, 2011, 02:06:12 AM »
I hope that "no news" is "good news."

Sheri,we are waiting for your next report.

All the best,

FREUD
Since '63

Offline sheribuchta

Re: Wilh
« Reply #236 on: January 18, 2011, 03:27:51 AM »
Sorry for not getting back sooner. It has been a real long day. The doctor came in this morning and pushed and pushed on Willie's neck around the drain tubes and staples. I don't know how she didn't get hit for doing this. I could see the pain in Willie's eyes and how he almost came off the bed a couple of times. It might have had something to with the fact that she is a woman..Still she should count her blessings....That was the good news. The bad news is he still has the infection and it is getting worse, so they may need to go back into surgery to get it better. Then we had some people from pain management come in and they put him on a patch along with liquid some other iv meds for his pain. I think they are starting to finally work. He is looking pretty zoned as I am writing this letter. We had a room full today of some of our favorite riding partners who showed up from Sonora. They brought us gifts and smiles and a lot of warm wishes. Good to see some of those biker tramps walking down the hall. San Francisco ain't got nothing on us. Special thanks to Albert,Carol,Jim and Indian Richard. You guys put a little sparkle back in those blue eyes today. Tomorrow I will be headed home for a few hours to do some laundry and check on the house, since we don't have a clue on how long we will still be here.
To answer some of your questions
@rifleman, Yes he can take phone calls. I have both cell phones here and I can put them on the speaker phone and answer any questions for him. My cell number is 209-605-9189. His number is 209-681-6876. But I ask that you hold off at least for tomorrow because I won't be here most of the day.
@Desotoman, It is my mission to track down the mail tomorrow. We have had a few emails from friends asking if he had gotten the messages that were set to him,as well as some snail mail. Somewhere there is a peed off mail clerk that has a pile of letters for Willie and has no clue where they go.

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2011, 04:09:48 AM »
Physical Mail Delivery
During your hospital stay, mail will be delivered to your room each day. For prompt delivery, please ask your family and friends to address letters and cards with your room number and the words "Patient Mail" on the lower left corner of the envelope. Mail will be forwarded to your home address after you have been discharged.

The addresses for our hospital is:

UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion
1600 Divisadero St., Box 1797
San Francisco, CA 94115-1714

He is in room b510
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:12:06 AM by sheribuchta »

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #238 on: January 18, 2011, 04:29:24 AM »
Sheri, it sounds a little like a broken record but it's said with full sincerity. We're thinking of you both every day and wish you both the very best over these difficult times.

Pete

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »
Sheri and Willie, all  of us are looking in on you, praying for you and expecting to see you at the salt as usual.  We are family and your family cares.  I can't say it any plainer...  Willie get back to your old crotchety self soon, as you do here, give the naysayers (your infection) attitude and get out of that hospital.

See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O