Author Topic: Willie's health  (Read 64816 times)

Offline rambler jack

Re: Willie's health
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »
Just wanted to check in and tell you I am thinking of the two of you and you are in my prayers. Realy missed seeing you on the dirt the last two meets. Love you both !
                                               Jack
Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there
       SCTA GearGrinder

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2011, 12:32:35 AM »
Thought that I would give everyone an update on Willie.
 We have to be at UCSF on Tuesday morning at 6:00 am. His surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am. He should be in surgery for 4 to 6 hours, depending on any unforseen complications. I will be staying in San Francisco with a nephew of a good friend of Willie's. He lives 6.6 miles from the hospital so I won't have to worry about driving there everyday. I can take the trolley or bus and he said he would pick me up in the evenings.
I will have the laptop with me so that I can update his condition, when time allows. This will be a hectic time for me so please be patient if the updates are a little slow coming. I will try to get them out as soon as I can.
We want to thank you all again for your prayers, contributions, well wishes and the abundance of love you all have shown us these past couple of months. I don't know where we would have been if it wasn't for all of your support.

God bless you all.
Willie and Sheri Buchta

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2011, 01:49:23 AM »
Sheri, I have been following Willie`s progress on this thread but haven`t posted on here before this. I havent been on here long, but I remember going by Impound at Speed Week and seeing you both there. I thought briefly of Introducing myself at the time, but was a bit hesitant to do so. I have regretted not saying Hi ever since. I have a situation with my Mum in New Zealand (Cancer related) that has me using up all my Racecar money on trips to and from to make sure things are progressing as well as possible. I too have had people step up and help and support way beyond what you would expect in your wildest dreams.I just wanted to add my two cents worth to let you know how much I am thinking and praying for you both . I also want you to be ready for a Visit from this old Kiwi when you are both in Impound at Speed Week 2011!........ Keep the Faith....Kiwi Paul....

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2011, 02:03:54 AM »
Kiwi Paul,
I am sending a special prayer for your Mum so that she will be kicking this beast in the arse. I feel for you, for I know its got to be one of the hardest things to come across in our lives. To want to rid your loved one of one of the most terrifying diseases and you can't...Well, I just want to drop to my knees at times. God seems to know sometimes just how far to test you because he knows you are only human and can only take so much. But there are times I just want to stand up and scream, enough already.
I do hope to see you at Speedweek 2011 and give you a great big old hug. I wish you well and I wish for your Mum to beat this dreaded C word.

Happy New Year to you both,
Love Sheri

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2011, 02:23:51 AM »
Sheri, I wish you both strength and a much better New Year. I look forward to many more interesting projects from Willie going forward. Take care.

Pete

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
Sheri,

I feel blessed to have been able to meet and have a quick chat with Willie on the Salt in '08.  It remains right up there with the the best memories of that trip for me.

Thanks for makeing time in your busy schedule to keep all of us informed. Sounds like all the pieces are in place for the best possible run Tuesday.  I may be back here but a big part of my mind will be focused on SanFrancisco, all my best to the both of you and the whole pit crew pitching in.

Keep the faith and take care,

Ed

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »
Thoughts, hugs, Love and Prayers with you two ---wmts
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
DITTO WHAT SPARKY SAID.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
Think about Willie. The day after tomorrow he will have his surgery. It has been a hard and uphill fight but he is a tough old bird and has un-finished business in the LSR world. A prayer for Willie and Sheri on Tuesday will go a long way.
We miss your builds and look  forward to seeing them soon.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »
Happy New Year Willie and Sheri, wishing the best in your surgery..

Offline octane

• Nimbus 750 APS-VBF
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »
I wish you all the best.
My heartfelt thoughts go out to you.
If I knew how to pray,
I can assure you, I would pray for you.

May the New Year be a good one for you!
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection
not when there is nothing left to add
but when there is nothing left to take away"

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
Willie and Sheri. We will be with you in our thoughts tomorrow during the surgery and recovery. Get well soon Willie.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2011, 11:34:02 PM »
Willy and Sheri, this is a tough time.  You are busy and a bit scared.  I would be.  Take some inspiration from little Maximus.  Give it your best.

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2011, 02:02:38 AM »
In 8 and half hours Willie will be having his surgery. I have to admit that I am a little scared for him, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I just want to put it out there for one more prayer amongst our family and friends. Thanks everyone. I will keep you all up to date as I get a chance.
Love ya all
Sheri

PS  I just love Maximus, what a cutie. How old is he and is he available. I have a Granddaughter that is two and she would probably want to go a couple of rounds with him.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2011, 02:33:21 AM »
Sheri,

We all wish Willie the best tomorrow and hope/pray to see you both at the SCTA awards banquet soon or El Mirage in May.

John