Author Topic: World Finals  (Read 175058 times)

Offline Scott

Re: World Finals
« Reply #660 on: October 12, 2010, 02:13:38 AM »
Congrats Mr. Tone on your latest record. I sure was looking forward to seeing your Grandson in the roadster.   
                                   Scott
push truck driver

Offline JohnLevie

« Reply #661 on: October 12, 2010, 09:34:16 AM »
Scott,
Thank you for giving us a hand after the smoke had cleared with Skip.  It sure makes it easy with an expert such as yourself around.

Mr. and Mrs. Slim,
Thank you both for running down to pick Matt Kamphuis and I up.  It is always nice to have a chauffer to impound.

And a really big thank you to all the SCTA crew and volunteers. 

John Levie
3411, 3412, 3413, 3414, 3415, and 3416

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #662 on: October 12, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
Pork Pie....do you get the message?

You are one of us.

FREUD

Freud,

if this wonderful sweater was the message......yes I got them and I understand them....and I'm a proud member of the 550 Team...
so as I will take care that more people hear from this great project.... :-D

I know that this project will need his time to show up - but I got the patience to wait - and I will be there when it shows up, doesn't matter where the streamliner will run......

Meanwhile enjoy the time of building the racer...we stay in touch  :wink:

your friend Pork Pie
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline BALS aSALT

• Go Fast Be Safe...oh, and hold my Redbull
« Reply #663 on: October 12, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »
Quote from: BALS aSALT

[/quote
i saw that 304 pass too. boy was it cool. 

Good thing you went!!!   You got to see a bit of history.  I would love to have been there.  Now you won't die wonderin'  Glad you made it!!
me too. now i have to put something together so i can make my own history.
it is better to live one day as a lion, than it is to live one thousand days as a lamb. or maybe it is better to burn out than fade away.

Offline P Womack

• New folks
« Reply #664 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:39 PM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words.  Still working on a few things, but will definately be back next year for another go.  Special thanks to Jeff Tudor and Dave Boultwood of Tudor's Performance for a solid engine build and for their support at the event.  Also thanks to Scott H. for the clutch which got me to impound for the second record attempt, and to my wife and daughter for all their help.  I want to thank all the SCTA Officials, inspectors, and volunteers who kept the event going and to Slim for the broadcast and event updates. 

See you all again soon.

Pat Womack

1974B 1350CC M-BG    Womack - Tudor - Sandin Racing 233.50 235.78 228.97 220.91 222.4

235 naked! Nice job.  :cheers:

Bill

Wow... I think that's the fastest avg mile naked? Congrats, good luck today.

Also, go Ryan go!!!

It could be, Jason has a run up there, maybe 236 or very high 235.  Anyone know Jason's fastest naked timed mile?

Bill

Jasons fastest timed mile was at the bubs event in 2005 (He was just racing for the money and not a record) and it was 235.596+ however he did GPS 242  :-o

In 2008 we set an AMA record 237.915 during the Bubs event..

Gotta hand it to the guys able to hold on going to fast for so long, our 240 naked record at Elmo was over so quick compared to holding a sustained 230+ for an entire mile  :-o

Then you have the naked King Bill Warner at 255 naked on pavement  :cheers: :cheers:

Offline osti

« Reply #665 on: October 12, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
It is Jaime Williams. i could not hear. any results?

What I think I heard was a 214.609 which would match with his 215.4 from yesterday to give a 215.004.
Ryan I believe netted out to a 214.894 in the same class.

If I've got the facts right Ryan bumps the rec a hair & grabs a red hat then Jamie bumps it a hair more also for a hat.

At this point all to be considered speculation until someone (impound?) can verify. Also requires bike approval by impound.

Hope I'm right, that would be great for both!  :cheers:

Just had time to sit down and go through all 45 pages.

Deb has it right on the money(as usual). 2 hats in the same class.

Thanks to ALL of you here who were cheering for me and for the nice words. I really appreciate it. Also a big THANK YOU to everyone here on the board that helped me accomplish this goal. I would also like to thank ALL of the SCTA people that made this happen. They all worked their tail off this week to make this race happen. Including moving both courses.

Another big thank you to Jon and Nancy W. for giving us this great board. A place where can all stay up to the minute on what's going on. Jon, sorry I missed you guys before we left for home.

I would also like to say congrats to Jaime Williams and Scott Horner. You guys did a great job. It was a pleasure hanging out and racing with you guys this past week. You are both class guys all the way.

Thanks again everyone. I'm counting down the days until speedweek.

Ryan Ostergard #7607
(New Red Hat Guy)  :-D

Offline Black Rose Racing

« Reply #666 on: October 12, 2010, 10:52:15 PM »
Congratulations Ryan, good job.  See ya next year !

Offline Bobby c

« Reply #667 on: October 12, 2010, 11:15:34 PM »
666 posts  :evil:

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #668 on: October 12, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »
Also thanks to Scott H. for the clutch which got me to impound for the second record attempt.

Pat, you did awesome!  Helping others is part of the Bonneville experience, I was happy to assist! :cheers:
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline hayaboosta

« Reply #669 on: October 12, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »

[/quote]
I would also like to say congrats to Jaime Williams and Scott Horner. You guys did a great job. It was a pleasure hanging out and racing with you guys this past week. You are both class guys all the way.
[/quote]

Ryan, you rock!  The record stood for 8 years and is going in the book with less than 1 mph on it!!  Talk about close, .109 mph between you and Jamie. Two different approaches to achieve the same goal. You are a tough, feared, yet compassionate competitor.  I too had a blast with you and Curt, have to do it again soon.

Welcome to THE CLUB my brother! :cheers:
200 MPH Club X 7
Bonneville  "Naked"
 El Mirage    "Naked"
  Maxton       "Naked"
   Mojave        "Naked"
    Loring          "Naked"
     Bub 201       "Naked"
      Texas           "Clothed" (by accident)

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #670 on: October 14, 2010, 01:07:12 AM »
It is Jaime Williams. i could not hear. any results?

What I think I heard was a 214.609 which would match with his 215.4 from yesterday to give a 215.004.
Ryan I believe netted out to a 214.894 in the same class.

If I've got the facts right Ryan bumps the rec a hair & grabs a red hat then Jamie bumps it a hair more also for a hat.

At this point all to be considered speculation until someone (impound?) can verify. Also requires bike approval by impound.

Hope I'm right, that would be great for both!  :cheers:

Just had time to sit down and go through all 45 pages.

Deb has it right on the money(as usual). 2 hats in the same class.

Thanks to ALL of you here who were cheering for me and for the nice words. I really appreciate it. Also a big THANK YOU to everyone here on the board that helped me accomplish this goal. I would also like to thank ALL of the SCTA people that made this happen. They all worked their tail off this week to make this race happen. Including moving both courses.

Another big thank you to Jon and Nancy W. for giving us this great board. A place where can all stay up to the minute on what's going on. Jon, sorry I missed you guys before we left for home.

Thanks again everyone. I'm counting down the days until speedweek.

Ryan Ostergard #7607
(New Red Hat Guy)  :-D

Here's a pretty kool photo of two competitors sharin a ^5.  Lotta joy in that photo.

Second photo:  What/who is this bike/rider?  Can't see a number (royal pita with numbers on the rear fender.)  I'm tryin to get all the photos (3000+) sorted out by vehicle cuz it got to be too big of a hassle to keep looking thru the daily folders.  Anyway, I'm lost on that bike.  Help?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #671 on: October 14, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
Now that World Finals is over -- we can publish the list of all new records set during the 2010 racing season.  They're available on the home page of the site (www.landracing.com) - by clicking on the "read more" at the end of the introduction.

Congratulations to all that set new records - and to all who tried to do so, didn't but will be back next year to try, try again.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline BVCBR

• Pflum & Wagner Racing
    • Gotfastbikes.com
« Reply #672 on: October 14, 2010, 12:39:10 PM »

Second photo:  What/who is this bike/rider?  Can't see a number (royal pita with numbers on the rear fender.)  I'm tryin to get all the photos (3000+) sorted out by vehicle cuz it got to be too big of a hassle to keep looking thru the daily folders.  Anyway, I'm lost on that bike.  Help?

That is one of the 1000cc P-P bikes. It is the Malcolm Smith Motorsports entry #731.

JW
970B 1000cc P-P
976B 1000cc P-P
977B 1000cc M-G/F

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #673 on: October 14, 2010, 01:25:42 PM »

That is one of the 1000cc P-P bikes. It is the Malcolm Smith Motorsports entry #731.

JW

Ray,

and (Rod) Falkner & (Paul) Livingston Racing took care for them.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #674 on: October 18, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »
Ray the Rat asked me, due to this that he was on the starting line and myself out on the track - if I could show the 911 HiBoy roadster at full speed. Here the request pic - in full size it's 15 MB.......a little bit to big for here :-D after the double click it need a while that it shows up :roll:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 02:51:44 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie