Author Topic: Australian Belly Tank  (Read 3193806 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Australian Belly Tank
« Reply #1485 on: February 06, 2011, 10:24:51 PM »
WOW   we are getting closer  :-D :cheers:

I was wondering who was going to get to be the honors on the 100 th page  I lucked out ----way to go guys this is a very good OMEN----on the second hundred for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 10:26:51 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1486 on: February 07, 2011, 12:23:08 AM »
Every year you fellas get everything together at the last minute and it works.  Have confidence and do not worry.

penny

« Reply #1487 on: February 07, 2011, 05:15:54 AM »
news from the same city as the dr ,rev and grumm . I wonder if they would recognise them or maybe are related .
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/01/19/aussie-couple-rescued-water-using-sex-doll-raft/?test=latestnews

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1488 on: February 07, 2011, 08:21:21 AM »
 :? I doubt it---why would a LSR racer mess with water  :evil: let alone a sex toy thingie
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #1489 on: February 07, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »
:? I doubt it---why would a LSR racer mess with water  :evil: let alone a sex toy thingie

Australia, Sparky - Australia.

Probably the largest surfing culture per-capita in the world.

Additionally - note that it was a woman riding the dingy - further evidence of the alleged "Man Drought" in Australia.

Every year you fellas get everything together at the last minute and it works.  Have confidence and do not worry.

And the posts get fewer and farther between - the sound of a legitimate thrash is information blackout.

Go get 'em, Sunshine!  :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1490 on: February 07, 2011, 08:53:28 PM »
.....that silence was me with my head stuck under the dash of my car trying to sort out the ignition barrel.....of course the "finger" that went from it to the actual ignition switch broke, leaving the tip of it in the switch.So, I replaced the barrel after dismantling the switch so as to remove the little piece of pot-metal from it.....Now, this would not generally be regarded as a "serviceable" part , ya know the kind a plastic box with plastic moving parts, some little pieces of metal and a random arrangement of springs that all comes out in a real hurry, covered in that white waxy grease.

It was in the thirties(the nineties) and humidity was around 100% just the right type of weather to be underneath the dash......This "car won't start drama" all happened the very day I bought the Tow truck..... I drove said three litre manual diesel to work in peak hour the next two days, clank, clank, stop-start-stop-start........then decided to attack the job.....about an hour later I had the switch back together, all the crappy plastic parts around the column finally found a way to co-exist...I could get to the gig without having to take the tow-truck which is lucky because we got an inch of rain in the twenty minutes it took to drive there and there's no room for my guitars and amps in the cab..... I get up the next morning having to take the car on a 200 mile round trip....after ten minutes it starts, it doesn't take Einstein to work out that my excursion into the ignition switch may have been ill advised.......

Right now it's sitting in my driveway and the tow-truck is once again sitting outside work. 

So, yeah, I've been busy but necessarily on the right things....

We got a bit further along on the steering column....the Colonel turned up some bits that we need to finish it. The cam came back after having the lobes resized ....they were initially ground for the wrong series motor, lets just say that fortunately the lobes were too big....bigger than the journals(which were the right size for our motor :?), that has now been sorted.

Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1491 on: February 07, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
Pot metal?  Plastic?  Not generally regarded as serviceable?  Random arrangement of springs?

Doc, when did YOU buy an MG?

Is this the culprit?

You can always grind 'em smaller.  Probably something you didn't even think you needed to question until the day you tried to put it in.

Worry not - you're still ahead of the curve.

Offline racergeo

« Reply #1492 on: February 09, 2011, 12:26:04 AM »
   Jimmy me boy...er Dr G. Hows that bondi cigar of a lakester comin? If you'd stay outa the boozer hangin whit da bikies youd "getter Done" Serious tho don't change the paint scheme, it's dogs balls.
  I've a mate thats a sparky and when I was leavin his home in my hoted up ute I accidently put it in L rather then D and revved the buggery out of it. Gotta go Mrs J says my tuckers ready  ta ta.

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #1493 on: February 09, 2011, 11:57:19 PM »
Update time.

I've been in the shed. We now have a better steering column arrangement. I started with a wheel alignment, and then gave it less than a degree of toe in....Then I could fix where the hub for the steering wheel would be on the shaft Now, I'm sure you're right Tman, I was wrong....it's not a Speedway Q/R but that doesn't change my initial statement....it's crap... Anyway back to the news, the column is now neater and has marginally less slop in it...... I  screwed every join with countersunk cap-heads , it's pretty tidy , slimmer and as I said has less slop.......

Then I attacked the gearshift lock-out. Some will remember that last year the Reverend had an issue where on his only run he managed to shift 2nd to 4th.......well, I can't do anything if he can't remember the shift pattern . This year we have a motor that is not going to appreciate starting in second gear and that raises a problem. The lock out on the gear shift has two settings.

In the picture the lock-out is set for 2nd,3rd,4th. You can see the wide scallop on either side of the left lever, 3rd is to the right 4th is to the left, the right hand lever is sitting against the neutral stop ,2nd is to the right.The left or 3/4 lever is locked into a slot that can't quite be seen when the lock bar is rolled( top toward us) around 90 degrees

I just used an extension spring at the left hand end that allows the lock-out bar to rotate to the position pictured as soon as the 1/2 lever is pulled back, it works well....but it sounds like a bolt gun .....most disturbing......
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Tman

« Reply #1494 on: February 10, 2011, 12:31:13 AM »
I forgot anything I said about the QR? :oops:

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #1495 on: February 10, 2011, 07:02:45 AM »
Quick release.....

Offline Tman

« Reply #1496 on: February 10, 2011, 10:51:50 AM »
Quick release.....

I know, I forgot I said anything about it

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1497 on: February 12, 2011, 01:41:11 PM »
   Jimmy me boy...er Dr G. Hows that bondi cigar of a lakester comin? If you'd stay outa the boozer hangin whit da bikies youd "getter Done" Serious tho don't change the paint scheme, it's dogs balls.
  I've a mate thats a sparky and when I was leavin his home in my hoted up ute I accidently put it in L rather then D and revved the buggery out of it. Gotta go Mrs J says my tuckers ready  ta ta.

He's gone a week, and now we can't understand a word he's sayin'.  Shame on you, messin' with a perfectly good 'merican citizen like that.  :evil:

Okay, bending my inflexible mind around the shifter - The shifter is currently in the "1" position - 2,3 and 4 being locked out?  The lockout bar rotates on the axis created by the locating bolts at either end?  And the spring is on the forward end of the lockout bar?  I'm guessing the 3-4 lever moves the 1-2 shifter back to lockout position for the 1-2 rail?

I think I've got it cyphered.

:?

Actually, depending on the bell cranks on the transmission, it should be a pretty short throw shifter.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #1498 on: February 13, 2011, 12:47:28 AM »

He's gone a week, and now we can't understand a word he's sayin'.  Shame on you, messin' with a perfectly good 'merican citizen like that.  :evil:
Well at least when I'm at speedweek in 2011 I'll be able to talk to someone who understands English
and doesn't throw a cover over their car\bike because I come in for a chat wearing a white shirt and an orange hat and doesn't
like the way i might or might not be looking at their front wheel\wheels

r?  I'm guessing the 3-4 lever moves the 1-2 shifter back to lockout position for the 1-2 rail?

Nope.

G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1499 on: February 13, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »
I'm guessing the 3-4 lever moves the 1-2 shifter back to lockout position for the 1-2 rail?

Nope.

G

Hmm . . .

I suppose if I lived in Australia's car theft capitol, I'd be a little tight lipped on my shift pattern, too.