Author Topic: First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, El Mirage  (Read 57493 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, El Mirage
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2010, 10:26:38 PM »
How much if you already have an FIM World road racing license and an SCTA AA license good up to 299.9999 mph..

You may not see this because you have me on "ignore"..  :wink:

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2010, 10:27:59 PM »
Never mind, you will see this after all, you took me off of ignore, you can put me back on when you have answered this.. :cheers:

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 11:05:47 PM »
Noonan,

Speaking in your defense, and being balding guy of "moderate height" (though older than thou)  I find it incredible that anybody could put you on ignore  with your credentials and your compassion for your fellow racers.

(PS, I may need a good deal on pistons some day).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:20:48 PM by interested bystander »
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »
yeah speaking of pistons.... where are the ones i ordered?

Offline dick elliott

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »
Think motor scooters are dumb? Read what P.J. O'Rourke thinks about bicycles. http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/humor/bike.htm
Its better to be a has been, than a never was.

idefendm

First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, El Mirage
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2010, 12:22:16 AM »
John, I'm burning my old FIM Green Stamp licenses. Your assignment for this holiday weekend is to write "El Mirage is BLM public land" 1000 times. Alan

idefendm

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2010, 12:48:53 AM »
 :-)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:50:44 AM by idefendm »

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2010, 12:55:38 AM »
Much better... :evil:

idefendm

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2010, 01:17:22 AM »
You guys are killing me! I'm going to Confession this Sunday.

1.N. APPAREL

Riders are encouraged, but not required, to wear racing apparel including, but not limited to, full coverage Snell-approved helmet, full leathers with body armor, leather high-top boots, and padded gloves. Riders are required to wear: (a) jeans or Levis of sufficient leg-length to cover the tops of their shoes or boots; (b) high-top athletic shoes or boots; (c) a pull-over long-sleeve shirt, such as a MotoCross (MX) Jersey or sweatshirt; (d) Davida or DOT approved helmet; (e) racing goggles if wearing a shorty, half-pot, MX or open-face helmet, and (f) full-finger leather gloves.

1.P. VALVE STEMS

Metal valve stems are highly recommended, but not required. All rubber valve stems, whether straight or 90-degree, must be in excellent condition. Weather-cracked valve-stems will not be permitted on the race course! All valve stems must be securely fitted with metal or plastic valve stem caps. The decision of the Course Marshal/Race Director as regards valve-stems is final.

1.Q. TIRES

High performance scooter tires such as Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop or Continental are highly recommended, but not required. OEM or comparable tires are permitted. Weather-cracked or worn tires will not be permitted on the race course! The decision of the Course Marshal/Race Director as regards tires is final.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2010, 01:35:51 AM »
I've got to admit I'm much more comfortable with this event now than I was when I posted on page one. I like the way the rules are evolving.

Pete

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2010, 02:10:57 AM »
Alan
its not everyday us common folk get to beat up on a lawyer.... as ya see we kinda like it.... :-o
kent

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2010, 02:33:12 AM »
Tom,

We've been working very closely with our race event insurance carrier and BLM to insure adequare safety for this event. All previously approved BLM race permits, including our's, are currently being re-evaluated. We've taken a proactive approach to safety. I presume our approved permit and operating plan are public record? Ambulance, First-Aid Station, designated fueling area, method of fueling are all on the checklist along with portable toilets and dumpsters. Most scooterists ride the streets and freeways with DOT helmets, goggles, gloves, and high-top athletic shoes or boots. This required apparel is available from one of our corporate sponsors, MotorSport Scooters, and advertised on our website. Long-sleeve MX jerseys or Ts and Levis will also be required. Armored leather apparel is optional. We're using new radar guns for this first event. All of our personnel will be equipped with Motorola two-way radios. The skepticism and negativity expressed in some of these blogs is precisely why we've organized our own event. Thank you very much for your kind thoughts and well-wishes

Regards,

Alan
Alan,best of luck to ya and don't let the self-appointed Gods on here get you down. Do what you gotta do. Believe it or not,you will get some positive support. I like funky kit,gonna come out and watch you guys run. Just do whatever the BLM asks and you'll be fine. you might want to come out and see how we put our course together to get an idea of how you might want to do it. We ai't perfect,but we have a pretty damn good safety record on the lakebed.
 Cheers!  :cheers:

I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

idefendm

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2010, 09:43:06 AM »
Rifleman,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. We will be at El Mirage for SCTA's November event taking copious notes, pix, and GPS coordinates.

Regards,

Alan

Offline desotoman

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »
Tom,

We've been working very closely with our race event insurance carrier and BLM to insure adequare safety for this event. All previously approved BLM race permits, including our's, are currently being re-evaluated. We've taken a proactive approach to safety. I presume our approved permit and operating plan are public record? Ambulance, First-Aid Station, designated fueling area, method of fueling are all on the checklist along with portable toilets and dumpsters. Most scooterists ride the streets and freeways with DOT helmets, goggles, gloves, and high-top athletic shoes or boots. This required apparel is available from one of our corporate sponsors, MotorSport Scooters, and advertised on our website. Long-sleeve MX jerseys or Ts and Levis will also be required. Armored leather apparel is optional. We're using new radar guns for this first event. All of our personnel will be equipped with Motorola two-way radios. The skepticism and negativity expressed in some of these blogs is precisely why we've organized our own event. Thank you very much for your kind thoughts and well-wishes

Regards,

Alan
Alan,best of luck to ya and don't let the self-appointed Gods on here get you down. Do what you gotta do. Believe it or not,you will get some positive support. I like funky kit,gonna come out and watch you guys run. Just do whatever the BLM asks and you'll be fine. you might want to come out and see how we put our course together to get an idea of how you might want to do it. We ai't perfect,but we have a pretty Dodge good safety record on the lakebed.
 Cheers!  :cheers:

:? :? :? :?

Was the "self-appointed Gods on here" directed at me? As my name is at the very top of your quote. If it was you are wrong as I have only had positive things to say to Alan to help him with this event. I have even sent him a PM regarding this event with the best of wishes.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2010, 01:22:18 PM »
Rifleman,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. We will be at El Mirage for SCTA's November event taking copious notes, pix, and GPS coordinates.

Regards,

Alan

Great! If you see what's looks like a white cop car cruising around,that would be me,make yerself known. Might be racing,don't know,serious lack of ducats at the moment,but hoping to run into ya!
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!