Author Topic: First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, El Mirage  (Read 57489 times)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
Re: First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, El Mirage
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
Alan,  You might want to take your email off the site and send a private message with it.  Otherwise the spambots will clog your email server.  Good luck with your venture.  Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

idefendm

First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, El Mirage
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2010, 02:16:40 PM »
Tony, Thanx for the advice and well-wishes. Alan

Offline RichFox

« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 02:59:49 PM »
Good luck with your meet. It sounds like fun. If nothing else it gives the Nannies something to grump about.

idefendm

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »
Thank you very much, Rich.

Offline FADED

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »
I'm on the lake bed on off weekends often, there is always some sort of race, filming, flying etc going on and I'm sure there are people getting hurt at these events? As long as it is NOT an SCTA event I dont see how they could hold us liable or make an impact on our racing? I have a couple friend that are gonna race at this scooter thing and Ill more than likely be out there watching just for kicks! If one of the little flying contraptions goes down its not the SCTA fault, is it? Nor if a scooter goes down.

idefendm

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »
Faded,

We are not affiliated with STCA, AMA/BUB, or the FIM in any way. We are heavily insured through a major race event insurance company per BLM's requirements. There is no direct, proximate or residual liability as regards the aforementioned organizations stemming from our event. El Mirage is public land, not the private reserve of any race sanctioning body.

Alan
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 06:20:38 PM by idefendm »

Offline FADED

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2010, 03:59:03 PM »
Faded,

We are not affiliated with STCA, AMA/BUB, or the FIM in any way. We are heavily insured through a major race event insurance company per BLM's requirements. There is no direct, proximate or residual liability as regards the aforementioned organizations stemming from our event. El Mirage is public land, not the private reserve of any race sanctioning body.

Alan
Thats what Im saying if someone gets hurt or dead at your event it wont affect us, so go for it, I will be out there watching! Actually looking forward to it.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »
Alan
ya might want to check with the BLM and your insurance carrier about your proximity statement... i know for a fact at the June event our ambulance was called to a heat stroke to a spectator and we had to do an accident report on it and i think it was the May meet a orv rider/spectator crashed and used our ambulance services again another report.... and people dont understand and bitch why the "out of bounds" ruling and punishments are so strict.... these 2 incidents were not even within the race boundry
Kent

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »
Alan
there is a SDRC (san diego roadster club) meating tonight at JBA the drinkin and bench racing starts at 7 and everyone is suppose to (ooooh) shut up and be quite so Eric can talk at 7... beer is gone and everyone else 'bout 9.... lots of old timers who have done it in the past will be there including my partner Randy who is doing the accident reports for the SCTA will be there
kent

idefendm

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
Kent,

Thanx for the advice and the invite. Probably can't make it this evening, but I'd certainly like to attend a meeting in the very near future.

The insurance carrier has given us considerable latitude re ambulance placement, but the BLM required us to be very specific in the Operational Plan addenda. We had to delineate with a detailed drawing where the portable toilets, dumpsters and fueling area will be.

When I first started this I didn't realize the enormity of putting on such an event. I certainly didn't anticipate the response we've gotten! This thing has taken on a life of its own. We have confirmed entries from San Antonio, TX, Memphis, TN, and San Francisco. We have a pre-entry from New Zealand! I thought we'd have fifteen or twenty scooters max, and that we'd go bonkers with the trophies, racing licenses, speed tickets, and what-not. The response has been much greater.

My law partners and I have pumped a lot of time and dough in to this event! We trying to do everything first-class. We're comping the racing licenses for this first event. We're running at an open venue so we can't (and wouldn't) charge admission. We're not requiring MSILSF membership. This whole event is a gigantic financial cluster-F. But there are a lot of guys (me included) with well-prepared high-performance scooters of various displacement who want to come out and play, and this is the only way they can do it. We're anxious to see what happens so we'll know whether to do it again in 2011 in a closed venue where we can charge nominal admission, sell memberships and racing licenses, get a pull off concessions, and attempt to recoup the dough we've spent on this event.

Alan

ps

The Ultimate Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Record Trophy is pretty kewl! So is Angela!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 06:22:18 PM by idefendm »

Offline debgeo

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »
Will Angela be there? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline mike mendoza

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 01:53:53 AM »
WHAT'S THE ENTRY FEE?  MEZRCN@GMAIL.COM  THANKS MIKE MENDOZA

idefendm

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2010, 12:38:26 PM »
Mike, Entry details are posted on our website at www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org. Alan

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »
I looked and didn't see a price....do we have to "apply" to get an answer.... In case you haven't picked up on the helpful tone of this site a direct question gets adirect answer....so I'll politely ask for mike again...."how fricken much?"
Kent

idefendm

ENTRY FEE; First Annual Motor-Scooter Land-Speed Trials, El Mirage
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
Entry fee is $50 per scooter. Each entry includes a free event T-Shirt. Each rider entered is issued a complimentary 2010 racing license.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:02:40 PM by idefendm »