Author Topic: most dedicated spectator?  (Read 4788 times)

Offline CGoodson

Re: most dedicated spectator?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
 I saw the man pushing the wheelchair. That what heart means! :cheers:
Corey Goodson
cgr138@gmail.com
hptt:www.facebook.com/corey.goodson
1000 Bockscar Lakester H/BFL Red Hat record 233.119
Currently Building #1177 G&S Roadster H/BFR

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »
They came out every day from Wendover, sometimes they got a ride part way.  Since they came through at Land's End, we made sure they had sunscreen, water, sunglasses, and hats... Sometimes they accepted rides out to the start line or pit area.  They would come back at the end of the day, sometimes accepting a ride from my crew, sometimes it seemed they were waiting for someone specific...never knew for sure...did get told their story (by them, not hearsay), if all of it was true, then Huh!! If not...Hmmm!  Either way, it was an interesting experience!!

Oh, and she wanted to come!!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Bruno

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 07:08:10 PM »
We picked them up friday, betwween Lands end and the bend,  got a story about being stranded, by the Dog.  Gave them some Cash, and wished them gods speed to Ohio where they claimed to be headed. They seemed nice enough, but never got a thankyou for the ride, or coin. shy I guess.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
 :?  :-o  :cry:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »
We saw them in town & saw them on the salt and just basically put 2 & 2 together. It's a perplexing story. My heart wants to believe they're just devoted & dedicated to one another. I thought maybe they were locals without a car & possibly down on their luck. I would hope that they weren't scammers but even so, that's dedication to walk all that way for a scam so I'm reluctant to believe that. It's a shame thank yous weren't  forthcoming but then again, if they were truly down on their luck, perhaps it was just all very overwhelming and we sometimes don't think clearly or all the way through to proper manors when overwhelmed.

I applaud all of you that cared and nurtured for them and offered what you had. We didn't find ourselves in close enough contact to interact, help or offer however I would still do so if I came upon them again. One way or another if they are in need and I can help i will do so. Even if the need is to fullfill their need to scam who am I to judge. If I'm blessed to be in a position to help I will! Good on all of you for upholding the racing spirit!

:)

Debbie
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline 754

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 09:16:14 PM »
 Did they have a pit pass..?

At least they wont run anyone over... :-o

Offline Richard 2

• 2 Richards Racing
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 09:52:42 PM »
They told us they were going to California.
219.648 mph F/BFMR 2010 Record
4 cylinder Esslinger
Could of had a V8

Offline Freud

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 10:17:14 PM »
I've see other birds lost out there in the past.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Face

• New folks
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 04:54:19 PM »
Yup we saw them both also on several accounts.....we ran into them close to the pits, the guy looked beat....   We asked him " how's your day so far ?"   replied " i've had better ones "   ..... and yes he was the guy in the purple shirt and shorts pushing the wheelchair !   

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »
we saw them several times... i offered water when they stopped by in the nugget parking lot, they declined.... offered water when they came to the pits on the salt, they declined.... scammers usually take whatever they can get....
kent

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »
Scammers?  Maybe.  That said -

Bob Wills, the band leader of the Texas Playboys, was once approached by a down and out fellow who asked him for some cash so he could head out to California and try to start a new life for his wife and kids.  Mr. Wills reached into his wallet and handed him one hundred dollars.

One of the band members noticed this, and after the fellow left, he said, "You know, he's just going to blow it all on liquor."

Bob replied to his band member, "Yeah, you're probably right.  But I can't take that chance."
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
AHH HAA, Take it away, Leon!

Ya get the trangest connections on this website, dontcha!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline CGoodson

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 08:20:16 AM »
Hey V8pinto. Like your pinto! here's mine. :cheers:
Corey Goodson
cgr138@gmail.com
hptt:www.facebook.com/corey.goodson
1000 Bockscar Lakester H/BFL Red Hat record 233.119
Currently Building #1177 G&S Roadster H/BFR