Author Topic: Windmill Ridge Restaurant  (Read 3033 times)

Offline 836dstr

Windmill Ridge Restaurant
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:22:57 PM »
I don't normally tout restaurants, and this may not be the proper place, but here goes:

Thursday morning heading home we gassed up in Ash Springs on Hwy 93. I remembered some restaurants in Alamo and pulled into the Windmill Ridge at the crest of the hill on the west side of the road. Really nice place.

They make most of their own stuff fresh. I ordered the "Hash". Definitely not the Hormel out of the can corned beef hash! They make a pot roast each morning and use big chunks. Roasted potatoes, bell peppers and onions and cheese mixed with the beef and topped with 2 eggs. Home made bread/toast, jam and salsa also.

THE BEST BREAKFAST I HAVE EVER HAD, bar none! A rough count makes it the best out of 23,000 breakfasts.

We usually make the run from and to San Diego in 12 hours stopping only for gas and one meal. From now on we will plan on stopping here both ways!

Tom

Offline mkilger

Re: Windmill Ridge Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »
I had them set up with Judy for an ad in the rule book, but i dont know what happened. maybe it was in the Bonneville program?  best BG ever.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »
I ate there last year with my wife and daughter and as you said it was great!

This is the place right?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »
Did you guys see that resort immediately south of there?  Beautiful!  But what would you do when you got there -- besides having breakfast at the Ridge?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 11:47:24 AM »
Yep Scott,

That's it.

Tom

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 11:50:39 AM »
Stan,

There is a Golf Course, but you have to share the Fairways with the horses and cows.

Tom

Offline redrock_2003

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 05:12:35 PM »
   The golf course that Stan mentioned is an Arnold Palmer course and sports a world class club house. The development is called Coyote Springs, it is a beautiful place however with the economy being what it is the development has been slow to take off.
Dave

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »
It's not in Clark County so there may be other things to keep you entertained.......................
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
As in a bill board we saw earlier
Asian Massages  :?
also one for a full body shampoo with a happy ending :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 11:29:59 AM »
Now you're talking Ely.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jl222

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »
Now you're talking Ely.

Or Janeys just out of Bishop that had a sign [closed beat it] :-)

JL222

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »
Well what a let down  :cry:  after waiting for a year-- Andy and I went in for lunch got ignored, got insulted, and got up and left!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!