Author Topic: Back Home from Speedweek 2010  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Back Home from Speedweek 2010
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »
THANKS JOSH for the call just as I was leaving.

I just figured you all were too busy, kinda like when u are at home.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 09:47:38 PM »
   Salt Cat got back home this morning. Picked up the "repaired" big motor for World Of Speed. Should have it together in a couple of weeks, if there isn't too much damage to our "New" Henry 16 port head. We were able to use our little motor to re-set 3 of our records. Made 8 pass' with one of them at 193.[on our old 151 record]. Tryed to push the old Buick straight 8 to over 200 in the 8 Th pass and let all of the smoke out of the motor. Something about the laws of physics. Oh well, we should be ready for September. Hope everybody made it back home safe, and will be back soon.
  Doug  [6 Packin' To 200] :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Bville701

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 12:18:29 AM »
Dave, it was great to see you up there!!! Sorry to hear about your motor problem, but I look forward to seeing the car in the blown category next year!!!   :cheers:  Thanks for all your help!!!

Ryan LeFevers
Ryan LeFevers

701 C/GMR - 216.509 MPH El Mirage Record Holder

El Mirage "Dirty 2" Club Member

Offline sirstude

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »
Saw the smoke and wondered what had happened.  I wanted to get over to say hi and look it over, but we were a bit busy in the 974 pits.  Did see the car sitting in impound, but it was late and you were back in the pits.

Doug

Salt Cat got back home this morning. Picked up the "repaired" big motor for World Of Speed. Should have it together in a couple of weeks, if there isn't too much damage to our "New" Henry 16 port head. We were able to use our little motor to re-set 3 of our records. Made 8 pass' with one of them at 193.[on our old 151 record]. Tryed to push the old Buick straight 8 to over 200 in the 8 Th pass and let all of the smoke out of the motor. Something about the laws of physics. Oh well, we should be ready for September. Hope everybody made it back home safe, and will be back soon.
  Doug  [6 Packin' To 200] :cheers:
Doug Strong

Hooley (974) lets me work on his car.

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 10:08:44 PM »
Shit I wish I knew Ed Iskenderian was there, I love that guy! Spent a week with him at Engine Masters and it is a real treat to hear him tell stories of the old days. And let me tell you he is NOT a dumb guy. We were watching dyno runs at the EMC and he's sitting next to me and not looking at anything but the pounds of fuel used. He says, oh that looks like about a 620 horsepower engine and as soon as the numbers came out he was right on it. That dude knows a lot.
As for the black lines, I never ran here with them but I dodn't have any probs knowing where the course was.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »
I went back to Vegas on Tues. and flew home to Tn. on Wed. Came home to the rain. Did have a good time while there, hated to cut it short.

From a Course Workers side ( my opinion at least ) Oil or no Oil the flags every 1/4 mile are a big help to determine where help can be used on the course.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »
We got home last night. We left Thursday morning, lots of rain Thursday, great for salt removal. :-D We had one of those good/ bad weeks. We set two naked records, one still soft at 190.056, The other 203.121 was a nice one. Next run we put the fairing on and ran a 228+. Next run oops rider down at about 210. The good news is I walked away. I lost some skin but nothing broken, seriously hurt pride, The bike is not too bad. I'll be back next year, hopefully faster than ever.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 07:22:48 AM »
THANKS JOSH for the call just as I was leaving.

I just figured you all were too busy, kinda like when u are at home.

FREUD

Actually he called you several times throughout the week but we didn't find out until the day you were leaving that he was calling your home phone and not your cell phone. We had them stored reversed in our phones. After consulting another racer we finally figured it out & made contact. We had hoped to at least see you at salt talks. (would have given you a ride to/from if we had heard from you  :-P )

Morale of the story, yes we were busy but had YOU called US we could have connected. We did try!  :-P

Will you be at WOS?

:-*
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: