Author Topic: tires  (Read 27681 times)

Offline bak189

Re: tires
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
OK, here is my 2 cents worth......it is called EDUCATION,..... 75% of the tire problems can be solved by rider EDUCATION.....the throttle works both ways.....sit the riders down that have bikes capable of 200mph plus .........and explain to them how wheel-spin can be  controlled......have the "fast
people" be the instructors..............But Hey, what do I know.....I need a 3rd wheel to keep from falling over ..........
Question authority.....always

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
You are a wise man Bak. 

No matter what Kent or Noonan say about you!!! :evil:

Offline bak189

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »
Thank you......As Elvis would say "thank you very much"
Question authority.....always

Offline tricktom1

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2010, 10:33:25 PM »
Wow if you could gather all the energy that has been put into this thread and use it to make a bike faster.
TexasMile 261.5 MPH
http://www.houstonmile.com/

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2010, 11:27:14 PM »
As a rider of a few fast SCTA bikes I can agree many points with many of the posters here on this subject, like has been mentioned many times, the nut behind the gas tank is what is failing, not the tires..

Thanks Bob Bakker for noting that....some folks have a problem learning that..must be the big words?

And now a group hug for all, even Dan the slowest poster on this subject... :wink:

John

Offline RZ350

« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2010, 11:41:22 PM »
I'm just gonna have to build a bike that only goes 199 MPH......  :-D
238 MPH at Bonneville

Offline desotoman

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:03 PM »

at least one entrant blistered/chunked 3 different tires in a row....3 out of the six, and was witnessed
to come up into wheel spin in 2nd gear and maintained wheel spin for miles....

am i dissing (sp?) them..?...not really, they as we all do evolve and this data/feedback will likely benefit
them and the rest of us....

As a rider of a few fast SCTA bikes I can agree many points with many of the posters here on this subject, like has been mentioned many times, the nut behind the gas tank is what is failing, not the tires..

Thanks Bob Bakker for noting that....some folks have a problem learning that..must be the big words?

And now a group hug for all, even Dan the slowest poster on this subject... :wink:

John

John,

I think Joe said it in a kind way, way back in the beginning of this topic.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2010, 02:07:07 AM »
Tom,

If you know me I don't pull punches..I push the facts, when I am wrong I admit it however as a rider of the Worlds fastest record setting dirtbike, fastest ever unfaired dirtbike, fastest ever faired, fastest ever AMA unfaired open bike record, FIM PS Worlds fastest two way average (Jason is now 2-3 mph faster with SCTA) at one time the fastest faired and unfaired racer Worldwide and track MC record holder at El Mo, Bonneville and Australia (same time) of  course I take it a bit personal when someone comes forth with nothing to add other than conjecture and a veiled attempt to diswade the factsand attempt to change history for which he has no part of from his own Bull shat experiences..

If you don't like the truth I am sorry however we are in a very litigious state and must do what we feel is right if we want to continue to race on the historic salt flats of Bonneville and the dirt of El Mirage..

Noonan

PS. if you do not lie like me or what I am saying/writing then please place me on ignore..IDGAFFYFAH"s

John

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »
Wow, that was a painful read.  :-o
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2010, 12:00:12 PM »
Noonan,

You really need to stop being so humble. :evil:

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2010, 12:18:57 PM »
And modest... :cheers:

Offline joea

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »
...ahhhh...i was thinking many pages ago...

..where is John N. when ya need him....

sooo glad your back...i can try to go back being the quieter guy...
John N. is so much better "equipped" to be the outspoken one...that used to
bother me abit....but like many things in life have learned to appreciate more and
see a silver lining...!!!

some responses give a warm and "fuzzy"..others a "fussy" and thanks to john
some walk away with a "sting" from a whip cracking.....whatever it takes

what elicited so much angst from some...is wanting to ensure the banter about
scta decision making with regard to tires being called a "knee jerk reaction" when
the energy and passion invested in it is beyond reproach....

and everything Noonan said in his last post...!!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2010, 02:03:12 PM »
Tom,

If you know me I don't pull punches..I push the facts, when I am wrong I admit it however as a rider of the Worlds fastest record setting dirtbike, fastest ever unfaired dirtbike, fastest ever faired, fastest ever AMA unfaired open bike record, FIM PS Worlds fastest two way average (Jason is now 2-3 mph faster with SCTA) at one time the fastest faired and unfaired racer Worldwide and track MC record holder at El Mo, Bonneville and Australia (same time) of  course I take it a bit personal when someone comes forth with nothing to add other than conjecture and a veiled attempt to diswade the factsand attempt to change history for which he has no part of from his own Bull shat experiences..

If you don't like the truth I am sorry however we are in a very litigious state and must do what we feel is right if we want to continue to race on the historic salt flats of Bonneville and the dirt of El Mirage..

Noonan

PS. if you do not lie like me or what I am saying/writing then please place me on ignore..IDGAFFYFAH"s

John

:? :? :? :?

John, obviously you did not understand my post, all I was saying is that Joe had already stated that tire spin can contribute to the problem, and he said it in a non condescending way to the rider of the bike. I also pointed out that Joe said this early in the thread. The only reason I posted this was you were giving credit to Baker and I though it should go to Joe.

With that said where does this part of your post come from?

" I take it a bit personal when someone comes forth with nothing to add other than conjecture and a veiled attempt to diswade the factsand attempt to change history for which he has no part of from his own Bull shat experiences.. "

Please explain to me where I am trying to change history from my post? 

John, I am a very outspoken person also. I tell it like it is. Some people agree, some don't. If you don't like what I say that is your privilege. If you don't understand what I am saying in one of my posts just ask, before you go on a tirade, especially when you say thing that are just not true.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »
Tom,

The comment you are referring to was not directed at you.. :wink:

If you thought it was than I am sorry to have offended you when I did not mean too..I meant to offend others..  :-D

There are people that have posted that have never run these speeds that try to argue every point when given examples, data, facts etc..you are not one of them.

John

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2010, 02:27:38 PM »
Dang..still only two folks ignoring me.. :|  and one is only a one day wonder never to be seen or heard again.. :roll: