Author Topic: Dana Wilson injured !  (Read 2683 times)

Offline desotoman

Dana Wilson injured !
« on: November 12, 2005, 07:23:35 PM »
I just saw this posted on the SCTA website. Thought you might like to know. Regards, Tom

Dana Wilson Injury

(posted 11 November 05)

All-- Just talked to Dana Wilson this afternoon. He called me from the hospital.  He was working around his house when he slipped and fell.  His head/neck struck a post and as a result suffered a broken neck.  The break is at C-2 which is the same as actor Christopher Reeves suffered some time back rendering him paralyzed.  Fortunate Dana's break did not cause any paralysis.  The doctor said he was one lucky S.O.B.  He is remaining in the hospital perhaps through this weekend although there is a chance he will be released sooner.  When he's released he will be wearing a C-Collar for sometime allowing him no movement of his neck.  12 weeks is the estimate for the C-Collar. Please say your prayers for Dana for a full recovery.

Mike Waters
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Dana wilson
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 07:59:22 PM »
For anyone that has known anyone with this type of injury Dana is a very lucky man. Our prayers are with him.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Dana Wilson
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 09:37:46 PM »
Just recieved a note from Mike Waters, Dana is home and has some recovery time ahead of him. His wife Jackie told Dana no hockey or roller skating for a while.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Dana Wilson injured !
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 10:23:46 PM »
Hope Dana recovers from this 100%

H

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Dana Wilson injured !
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 10:49:34 PM »
Dana was very lucky.

Hope that Dana recovers 100%, too.

If some of this list has contact to Dana, please let him know my best regards and that I wish him a full recovering so that I can see him again in 2006 at the salt.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)