Poll

Does it matter to you who certifies a speed????

Yes
11 (34.4%)
No
21 (65.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: November 11, 2005, 12:23:14 PM

Author Topic: Does it matter to you...  (Read 30980 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Does it matter to you...
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2005, 01:15:14 PM »
Malcom
Myself and I'm sure a lot of people on this site would like to know, If you, persomally had the talent to build your own vehicle, and if you personally had the balls to actually set a record that is faster than anyone has ever gone before. Does it matter to you who certifies it and if so which organization do you prefer? ok before you answer, lift your skirt and grab your sack, keep your babble short, a yes or no and a organization is all we want to know.
Kent

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Let me help with a good place to start.
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2005, 01:28:30 PM »
"Organization will help to qualify the end result." 8)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Malcolm UK

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »
Kent and group,

Some more information for you before I answer - if you cannot wait got to the last paragraph.

The cars that I have driven include the fastest ever in the UK - so I did not do 300mph because the owner would not allow me to use the afterburner.  200 mph on a 1.9 mile runway may not be ballsy enough?

My UK records are endurance records - driving with a team through 24 hours.  Four class records have my name - speeds at a controlled 137mph.  Fastest laps about 145 mph in the dark (sometime about 3am).  (Still don't rate any balls?)

Talent or lack of to build?  My welding is c**p, but I have assembled a few UK race cars.  The Metisse was pictured in Jon's gallery.  My current project, with others, is a hydroplane.

YES it matters.  If I want the outright fastest on two or four wheels in a wheeldriven streamliner then it has to be FIM or FIA.  If, as I discussed at length with John Beckett, it is to go fast in a UK built Competition Coupe then it will be ECTA and/or SCTA.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
On the other hand,
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2005, 08:44:29 AM »
He smokes!  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 1212FBGS

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2005, 02:16:54 PM »
Wow too bad I was gonna offer you a ride in my twin engine 'liner. Its ready to go 300 on my soft 240 record. You could have had a record over 300 mph and had the fastest F/BGS anywhere but if it doesn?t mean anything to ya then I?ll just race it myself. I will offer this.... If I hear a very loud "popping" sound when you pull your head out of your ass then I'll let ya race my car!
Love Ya
Kent

Offline joea

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2005, 11:33:37 PM »
Malcom is a standup dude...........I personally
can hardly wait to tip a cold one with him..........

Malcom.............CHEERS my friend!!!!!!!!

Kent.....still looking for a driver??.......for less frontal
area??

Joe :)

Offline pookie

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2005, 12:51:40 AM »
I Agree, Joea  Malcom is a good guy.  If  he  ever makes to the states, I'd be proud to buy him a warm or cold beer. He is also a gentleman, which is more than I can say for "Big Ball Riches" If Kent Riches Balls were as big as his mouth is , then I might say he's got something. It's easy to be a "tough guy" when its  "long distance., And he certainly does NOT speak for me. Malcom keep posting  as you see it, I
may not agree with you, But you have every right to plead your case.

Offline 1212FBGS

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2005, 05:58:31 PM »
pookie..... I AM as big as my mouth is...... It is because of my mouth why I am so big........ I am, I am, I am.
My mouth can speak as to the size of my ass, but my mouth certainly will never speak for your....
As my mouth has never spoken if I am a gentleman, or the size of my balls, You are welcome to come down and count the trophy's and championship placks in my office, see the success of my business, or even count my records.... you can get educated and when you decide, probably your mouth will sing Kent's "got the biggest balls of all" (from the AC/DC song "we've got balls") LOL
I'm not saying that Malcolm is not a stand up guy, I think he is very knowledgeable. I think he is just blinded by all of the FIM's self proclaimed glitter. When It comes to land speed racing, We're IT!
Yours in sport
Kent

Joe, the 750 a/ps needs a rider. been setting for a couple of years hasn't been ridden since that Cycle World guy rode it.
Wow this is fun and another 11 points for me

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Does it matter to you...
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2005, 09:08:05 PM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
pookie..... I AM as big as my mouth is...... It is because of my mouth why I am so big........ I am, I am, I am.
My mouth can speak as to the size of my ass, but my mouth certainly will never speak for your....
As my mouth has never spoken if I am a gentleman, or the size of my balls, You are welcome to come down and count the trophy's and championship placks in my office, see the success of my business, or even count my records.... you can get educated and when you decide, probably your mouth will sing Kent's "got the biggest balls of all" (from the AC/DC song "we've got balls") LOL
I'm not saying that Malcolm is not a stand up guy, I think he is very knowledgeable. I think he is just blinded by all of the FIM's self proclaimed glitter. When It comes to land speed racing, We're IT!
Yours in sport
Kent

Joe, the 750 a/ps needs a rider. been setting for a couple of years hasn't been ridden since that Cycle World guy rode it.
Wow this is fun and another 11 points for me

Kent, that is my ride....remember... :roll:

rosemeyer

Is that it, then?
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2005, 09:48:06 AM »
The score so far is:
-45% of people feel it's important who sanction their speed.
-54% think it doesn't matter.

The variation over the last 10 days or so has always been around 50-50, with some people well entrenched in their position.

Which means that for half of the racers and enthusiasts at large, it's the speed that is important, not which organisation recognise it.

At least it comfirm my own opinion, but it's good to hear it from the ACTUAL racers themselves.

Sumner originally asked to compare Bonneville speeds against Maxton speeds, but most of the interventions were about FIA v. SCTA! Funny how the old debate reappears at every occasion...

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Is that it, then?
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2005, 01:02:45 PM »
Quote from: rosemeyer
Sumner originally asked to compare Bonneville speeds against Maxton speeds, but most of the interventions were about FIA v. SCTA! Funny how the old debate reappears at every occasion...

Actually, I don't think I worded what I meant very well.  I'm not asking to compare speeds on different tracks against each other.  You have to decide which format impresses you the most.  I was trying to find out if you trusted the speed posted by the organization under their format or if you only accepted say a speed as being official (accurate) if it was verified by say FIA, SCTA, or some other organization.

But anyway I think you get it  :D .

c ya, Sum

Offline 1212FBGS

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2005, 07:57:57 PM »
Hey malcolm
I found the pix of your metisse, silly boy, it has 2 too many wheels! My Rickman Metisse only had 2 wheels, it had a brit motor in it so i sold it years ago. Silly me I wish I still had it!

Offline Malcolm UK

Poll
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2005, 08:16:46 AM »
So long as the racers want a third party organisation to time their efforts then the records remain in good standing.  If anyone wants to go off and run to their own rules and methods then only the sport can lose.

Offline Malcolm UK

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2005, 08:20:31 AM »
Kent - the duo of Derek and Don Rickman made a fine kit car in the Metisse - which as you say is the name taken from their two wheeler racers.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words - better be my round when I get back to Bonneville.

Perhaps when racers offer their rides to others we should send round FR as an initial independant expert build surveyor? (And that was a joke!) LOL

Offline joea

Does it matter to you...
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2005, 08:07:53 PM »
sorry Kent,   looks like that ride is spoken for............

if ya have tryouts....back to back runs with diff riders.....wrestle offs or whatever..........count me in..........

Joe