Author Topic: Current El Mirage Report  (Read 17111 times)

JohnR

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 01:07:03 PM »
Well, I'm sure everybodies situation is different but I am glad we are going to run. I ran at Speedweek and didn't really get a chance to make a clean run (like most everybody). I tore down for a ring/bearing inspection so I missed the September El Mirage meet but I was hustling to get the engine & trans back together.

I was going to go to the World Finals, DAMN, it was cancelled!

Thats OK, I'll run the October El Mirage meet, DAMN, it's cancelled too!

Thats OK, I'll run the November El Mirage meet, DAMN DAMN DAMN! it's canceled also.

So with 4 of the last five events either cancelled outright or shortened due to the weather, I whole-heartedly agree with the attempt to run the event. I just wish we could figure out a way for it to not hurt anybody. I volunteered to take a club duty for the new event even though I have already done my obligitory duty for the year.

Let's all get out there and have a great time (which is the whole point) and make the extra effort to help this meet run smoothly.

Offline pookie

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 04:21:42 PM »
I always thought that  if you were a racer, no matter what the venue, when the race was on you went and raced! It looks to me that the newer generations needs toget stroked first. If Noonan raced this weekend maybe he would be in first place., instead of not racing and end up 3rd in the points race.  Well are you going to race or just talk about how everything isn't working out for you. Just an old racer happy that the Race is on.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
current
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 06:41:35 PM »
Who is POOKY  ??????????????
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tom Bryant

• http://www.bryantauto.com
Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 06:58:53 PM »
My, my...it seems that some on this list need to get their priorities sorted out.  I have lots of work to do on my ride, but I chose to put it off until there was no chance of running. Lord willing, we will be there...can't imagine not doing it!
I don't understand..."It won't work!"

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC
 - LSR since 1955 - www.bryantauto.com

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 07:04:03 PM »
I think the big issue is Points!!!! Other rescheduled events didn't offer points!!!!! people definitely smell points conspiracy

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Glen
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 07:09:24 PM »
Pooky is Pookie's dad.
I think the full name is Pooky Indaribs. 8)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Tell me again
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 07:18:22 PM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
I think the big issue is Points!!!! Other rescheduled events didn't offer points!!!!! people definitely smell points conspiracy

What other rescheduled events did not offer points ?
Points are a free incentive for the organizer to get more participation . Those that might not go because they thought they didn't have a chance, now have more reason than ever.
The timing is a very high risk for conditions,but hopefully more racing is the real objective rather than selling t-shirts.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 08:16:54 PM »
Heck I don't know! The grumblings I hear are that the rescheduled meet was to be records OK but no points. Heck I've only been goin' since '84 you aught to know you drove me there. So In your great recollection do you remember ever having a rescheduled SCTA meet that didn't give points

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Nope
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 08:40:44 PM »
And the 500 or so events I have directed all over the US, the points were of greatest interest followed by the trophies and finally the money.
The Grumblers will often make the most noise, but you have listen to the masses.
It is kinda like rules.

OBTW: How many points did I get for this ?

Offline sickracer

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 08:50:43 PM »
:evil:  :evil:

Points have always been awarded at rescheduled meets :lol:
Where is this bad info about points coming from???

If the line goes through once and we all got a chance at a run you get points!!! :roll:  :roll:

You must be smelling something else!!!!!!

Offline joea

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 08:53:59 PM »
this is a really cool thread..........

go racers ... go........

Offline pookie

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
8) :?:  :?: Who is Gen???????????????

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Yo
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 10:40:16 PM »
Quote from: pookie
8) :?:  :?: Who is Gen???????????????

Yo, that is Glen's kid.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Race when we can!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 11:14:24 PM »
Quote from: sickracer
Quote from: John Noonan
Maaaaaaan!!!!!
yust when I was gettin ready to put my yunk up for the winter..... SDRC guys lets get goin' we gat a championship to win!
see ya there

This is Bull shiat, Van and Kathy made plans over a year ago to go away, Michelle and I are in Vegas for the AMA awards, Moreland is in Vegas with his bike for a show, many folks made family get a way plans for Thanksgiving.. Another racer is supposed to tear his bike apart to get it ready for sale.. seems like someone is really is counting on some racers to not show.
:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

:D
A lot of people are working hard for us to have a chance at a little racing in a year of nature issues!!! :lol:
Great for them... :lol:
 Not a points consperisy 8)  8)  8)

Sickracer, what number are you for runs at El Mirage?

Car or Bike, just curious?

And I am sure it is not a "consperisy" either...probably and most likely not a "nature" issue.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 11:45:45 PM »
Geesh, I'll just bite my tounge :roll:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...