Author Topic: Current El Mirage Report  (Read 17112 times)

landracing

Current El Mirage Report
« on: November 07, 2005, 12:06:19 PM »
From Roy Creel

"8AM Monday Nov 7, 2005

From President Mike Cook-

I am visiting El Mirage this morning to assess the condition of the lakebed. Along with our previous water concerns there are now rumors that during the past weekend numerous vehicles were driving in the " Mud Bog" and have damaged the surface.

We are also looking at the possibility of rescheduling our event to the weekend of Nov. 19-20. However, there are numerous issues with doing so. EG: permits, insurance, other conflicting lakebed permittees, emergency equipment, toilet availability, catering, rules meeting, reps meeting, predicted rain and ability of clubs to provide patrol personnel for a 2 day event on the beginning of Thanksgiving week. Lots of folks have other plans.
Please be courteous and patient......

Another report tonight. "

Jon

Offline desotoman

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 12:23:53 PM »
Jon,
   Good post with excellent information. Also posted on SCTA website.
Regards,
Tom
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline BAKERSFIELD BOYS

EL MIRGE
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 07:50:31 PM »
ITS GOING TO RAIN HERE IN BAKERSFIELD TONIGHT AND TUES. DAY 70% CHANCE  OF RAIN SOMETIMES THESE STORMS MAKE IT TO THE DESERT LIKE THEY DID LAST YEAR. I WENT TO THE LONG BEACH SWAP ON FEB 14 A FEW YEARS BACK  AND FORGOT MY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY(WAS THE SECOND ONE WITH WIFE # 3 1 AN 2 LEFT SAY RACING WAS ALWAYS FIRST IN MY LIFE OH WELL)GOT MARRIED ON A SAT AND THEY DONT ALWAYS COME ON SAT THE NEXT YEAR. WELL LETS ALL BE READY FOR BETTER TIME NEXT YEAR  THE BAKERSFIELD BOYS RON AN HARRY

landracing

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 09:58:34 PM »
"From President Mike Cook-

President Cook visited El Mirage lake today and determined that it will be too wet to run this weekend. The Nov. 12-13th meet is cancelled.

The SCTA is making arrangements to reschedule our event for the weekend of Nov. 19-20. However, there are numerous issues with doing so. EG: permits, insurance, other conflicting lakebed scheduled events, emergency equipment, toilet availability, catering, rules meeting, reps meeting, predicted rain and ability of clubs to provide patrol personnel for a 2 day event on the beginning of Thanksgiving week; lots of folks have other plans.
Please be courteous and patient. Your most accurate and prompt source of information is here on our website. "

Jon

Offline firemanjim

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 02:52:18 AM »
Figures--I took sat off work so I could go to the meet.Good thing I have a back up plan.With this rain we are getting the dirt riding at Stoneyford will be awesome this weekend.Hell,I have all the tools and bike parts in the trailer already,and the ice chest is still full from last non-meet.
Here's looking to summer in Australia!!!
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 11:52:01 PM »
The points are set even if the meet is postponed, I again finished # 3 in the bikes (3rd year in a row) Congrats to Kathy and Van Butler for winning the bike championship and to Rick and Jack for winning the points for the cars!!

J

dwarner

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 08:13:16 AM »
What happens to the points if we race next week?

DW

Offline John Noonan

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 08:40:44 AM »
Quote from: dwarner
What happens to the points if we race next week?

DW

I was told that it would be a non points meet however records could be set however no points..

dwarner

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 10:51:56 AM »
Who told you that?

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
He did it again
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 02:34:46 PM »
He is counting his Alligators before his eggs hatch.
I just got a call (11am- Nov. 10) from the SDRC to let me know the meet was canceled. I was really nice.
It is a safe bet the season has passed.
OK now John, you may proceed.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline John Noonan

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 03:29:11 PM »
Dan H. called me two nights ago and told this to me... :roll:

Oh well, so much for "knowing" whats going on

landracing

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 05:47:09 PM »
Got this today.

"El Mirage is ON !

Nov 14, 2005

President Cook and a cadre of advisors met and assessed the lakebed this morning. Unless there is a dramatic turn in the weather, the rescheduled 2 day November El Mirage meet is on for Nov 19-20 with setup and inspection on the 18th.

The meet is the same as scheduled last weekend, just later.

Points, records, duties, etc. all apply.

The lakebed for our course and runout looks very good. As you enter and depart the area, please avoid the "darker" still moist areas. They are not wet, but might still be soft.

The scheduled SCTA board/reps. meeting on Nov 18th and the rules meeting scheduled for the 20th are both cancelled and will be rescheduled.

November 19-20

Patrol meeting- 7am Sat. and Sunday

Driver meeting -7:30am "

Course Walk -Fri.18th, Sat 19th - 4:00pm

Friday inspection/registration starts about noon.

Any updates or changes will be posted promptly right here.

"

Jon

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 09:37:40 PM »
Maaaaaaan!!!!!
yust when I was gettin ready to put my yunk up for the winter..... SDRC guys lets get goin' we gat a championship to win!
see ya there

Offline John Noonan

Current El Mirage Report
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 01:09:09 AM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
Maaaaaaan!!!!!
yust when I was gettin ready to put my yunk up for the winter..... SDRC guys lets get goin' we gat a championship to win!
see ya there

This is Bull shiat, Van and Kathy made plans over a year ago to go away, Michelle and I are in Vegas for the AMA awards, Moreland is in Vegas with his bike for a show, many folks made family get a way plans for Thanksgiving.. Another racer is supposed to tear his bike apart to get it ready for sale.. seems like someone is really is counting on some racers to not show.

Offline sickracer

Race when we can!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 09:52:25 AM »
Quote from: John Noonan
Quote from: 1212FBGS
Maaaaaaan!!!!!
see ya there

This is Bull shiat, Van and Kathy made plans over a year ago to go away, Michelle and I are in Vegas for the AMA awards, Moreland is in Vegas with his bike for a show, many folks made family get a way plans for Thanksgiving.. Another racer is supposed to tear his bike apart to get it ready for sale.. seems like someone is really is counting on some racers to not show.
:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

:D
A lot of people are working hard for us to have a chance at a little racing in a year of nature issues!!! :lol:
Great for them... :lol:
 Not a points consperisy 8)  8)  8)