Author Topic: HOW IS EL MIRGE STILL WET OR MUDDY?  (Read 6401 times)

Offline BAKERSFIELD BOYS

HOW IS EL MIRGE STILL WET OR MUDDY?
« on: October 31, 2005, 08:07:35 PM »
ANYONE KNOW HOW EL MIRGE LOOKS. IS THERE WATER OR MUD OR IS IT DRY .THE BAKERSFIELD BOYS ARE READY TO RUN

landracing

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 01:10:43 AM »
If you got a copy of the meeting minutes, you would have known of the following

"Mike Cook reported that the lake bed is about 1/4 wet.  The November 12 and 13 meet will have the drivers meeting at 7:30am.  Course walk to be Friday night at 4:00pm or Saturday morning depending on how long it takes to set up."

Jon

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 01:22:53 AM »
:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 01:49:55 AM »
Harry and Ron,
     Go the the SCTA website for the latest information on the lake bed. If it is called off it will be posted there. You could also contact your club President Ron Main, and ask him the status of the meet. As of right now it is hopefully a go, but things change when dealing with mother nature. I know I am going to make some phone calls before I head out to El Mirage. Hope this helps.  Regards, Tom

PS. what Jon posted is not cast in stone. It might be what the minutes say, but it is too early for it to be the gospel.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

landracing

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 10:15:49 AM »
I only posted what he asked for. "ANYONE KNOW HOW EL MIRGE LOOKS. IS THERE WATER OR MUD OR IS IT DRY ."

That is the current information that is out, yes or no?

I never mentioned if it was cancelled or not, just reporting the information that I have..

Jon

Offline vette#128

1/4 wet?
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 10:55:29 AM »
"Mike Cook reported that the lake bed is about 1/4 wet"

I guess that means it is 3/4 dry??  Weather report looks good for the next week, but we could use some help... How about SCTA buys a couple of jet-dryers??? ( boy would that throw a monkey wrench into BLM's "Stage 2 fire alert"  :D
Ed
Ed Van Scoy
Four Deuces
(Salt,Dirt & Pavement)

Offline joea

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 12:16:23 PM »
this site is simply to share info to lsr world.......

that is what Jon is doing...........

he is posting most current info to him......

in this case what was posted was
less than 24 hrs old.........

if someone doesnt like it or appreciate it..........
step up and offer better info.........

kinda interesting how posting the most current
info from the SCTA pres's mouth from a
SCTA meeting less than 2 days old is bashed upon

thats ok, Jons ONLY agenda is to facilitate........info
to lsr community..........

landracing

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 12:28:50 PM »
Current info less then 2 hours old.

From the "Mayor"

" I am still looking at STANDING water, as a matter of fact----The water is all down at my (west) end this morning. We need 100 degree days & 100 MPH wind to dry it out. The ground is saturated & the water is not going in to the ground. Too early to really say anything about Nov 12 & 13th. I hate to keep everyone in limbo, its just a "wait & see". The SCTA Predident has the final "CALL" & normally its done the thursday just before the meet. Not good for people like Calvin Smith who has to leave Ky on the tuesday to be here for the meet. Calvin has his 2 modified roadsters all loaded & ready to come west. George Callaway "

And this...

"....remember my remarks are NOT official SCTA,  they are from the guy(me) here looking at the lake from my patio.   Just had a call from Chuck Kalbach, who lays out the courses here at El Mirage, because of the rain & long standing water, he'll need to get out here ASAP to select a new course( if & when it dries out) so  that Lonnie Martin & the course PREP  crew can patch as needed this coming weekend. I am going out & drive around the edge to get a better LOOK SEE.  Because of the slow drying, if we do run this month, there may not be a chance for course prep, may just have to run on WHAT MOTHER NATURE gives us.  The "GRUMPY" Mayor "

Jon

landracing

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 11:38:42 AM »
Nov 2 El Mirage Report

"Hi Gang, Its over cast & gloooomy looking this morning, almost looks like rain. Still have standing water out in the center/middle.  We are having the wrong kind of weather to have the lake surface dry out. George "

Jon

Offline desotoman

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2005, 12:42:31 PM »
Quote from: joea
this site is simply to share info to lsr world.......

that is what Jon is doing...........

he is posting most current info to him......

in this case what was posted was
less than 24 hrs old.........

if someone doesnt like it or appreciate it..........
step up and offer better info.........

kinda interesting how posting the most current
info from the SCTA pres's mouth from a
SCTA meeting less than 2 days old is bashed upon

thats ok, Jons ONLY agenda is to facilitate........info
to lsr community..........

Joe,
   This is exactly why the minutes should not be posted. As you state "what was posted was less than 24 hours old...." and that is true, I never said it wasn't. What the minutes don't tell you is when did Mike Cook look at El Mirage? It could have been a week before the meeting. My point is this was general discussion at a meeting, and way too early to judge anything from, as far as running El Mirage in November.

I did step up and offered information on who Harry and Ron can contact to find out what they are looking for.

Who is Bashing anyone? It is ok for Jack D. to talk in riddles to make you think. But when I try Jack's style, you call me a basher? I don't think so, but you are entitled to your opinion. Regards, Tom

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
El Mirage
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2005, 01:19:51 PM »
As long as we're on the subject of EM, would someone please be so kind as to remind me of the course layout?  it's been three years since Nancy and I made our one-=and-only visit there, and some local folks were asking -- and I can't find a course map online.

About 1 1/3 miles, right?  How long is the timed stretch?  How long is shutdown -- at least is it supposed to be, kids on 4-wheelers notwithstanding?  If there's a map showing this and even the new access road, please point me towards it.

Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline joea

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2005, 06:31:36 PM »
ALL OF THE REPORTS HERE ARE NOT SCTA
OFFICIAL...........

NOT MEANT TO BE................

WE WILL CONTINUE TO POST INFO AS WE SEE FIT.............

FOLKS DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCTA WEBSITE FOR
LATEST INFO........NOR SHOULD THEY........THERE IS A BIG
WORLD OUTSIDE OF SCTA

SUCH AS INFO POSTED FROM GEORGE C. REPORTING
FROM THE LAKE BED.......IT MIGHT NOT BE SCTA OFFICIAL.......

BUT IT IS CURRENT........

SEE WE AND ALL WHO POST HERE ARE FREE TO DO SO AS THEY SEE
FIT............

UNFETTERED AND UNTETHERED TO ANY ENTITIES......SOCAL OR OTHER........

WE GET SENT MINUTES ALL THE TIME............DONT FEAR......WE
WILL SHARE IT..........

THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN TOM..........

DOES JACKS VERBIAGE SEEM UNCLEAR TO YOU???????????
IF SO YOUR USING THE WRONG RECODER DING........

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
"Don't be afraid, you shadow is everywhere with you.&qu
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2005, 10:56:16 PM »
If I say something you don't understand, I am always available to explain myself. You may not always agree or even want to hear it but I am not afraid to share it.
If you are afraid to share how you feel , I am afraid of how you got to be that way. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 01:44:17 AM »
joea, joea, joea,
    You don't have to yell.(last post all in caps) I am not deaf. What is your problem? Jon sent me a private message one time and said he only wants to make information available to everyone, with organizations blessings. I can see you don't feel the same way as your brother.  Regards, Tom  :roll: