Author Topic: Join a SCTA Club  (Read 6896 times)

Offline RichFox

Join a SCTA Club
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 07:23:11 PM »
All these years I thought that was supposed to be a secret, like Masonic stuff. Even after Elise ran me out of the SDRC I never told anybody. Now Jack posts it on line. I think they should make him join the Rod Riders for that. You know the club Al belongs to.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Just for the Record
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 07:34:16 PM »
It is written.
Hey Rich, How did you get the WMBCSBWAE tatoo off ?
I thought you would be marked for life.
Guthrie was going to be a cadaver doner for skin grafts but he lived and had too many spots anyway.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
Two Clubs at Once
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 10:54:12 AM »
Main Membership is in the Gear Grinders, Associate member of the Sidewinders. Club Declaration for points are on the entry sheet John :lol: If I ever get a record maybe  the clubs will fight over the points, right now I don't make any difference. There are others I'm told that maintain associate memberships in several Clubs just to keep tabs on them. Yes it can be a hetic schedule keeping up with all the meetings. It used to take me 2 hours to get to a Sidewinders meeting and 45 Min to get home. I sure won't miss the traffic Glen, Woke up to 28 degrees this morning, It's a beautiful day!
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Bob Drury

Join a SCTA Club
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 11:52:10 AM »
Mike, with all respect, joining a SCTA club as a associate member still doesn't resolve the main issue many of us are trying to resolve.  We would like to be involved in disscussions BEFORE they are voted in as law.  I think being a member is fine, but I question wether voting on rules can be accomplished.  Most of us "outsiders" are not concerned with who runs the organization, and should not be voting on office holders anyway.  We would just like to open up the lines of communication between BNI members and SCTA rule makers ahead of time... thanx.
Bob Drury

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Jusr for the record.
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 12:32:10 PM »
Membership status, that might be a good question for the various candidates.
To run unopposed means unchallenged.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

JohnR

Join a SCTA Club
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 01:46:36 PM »
Bob,

Once you are a member of a club you can request the minutes be emailed to you as they come in. I think most clubs will honor that request. Check beforehand but I think any good club would welcome long distance members, especially ones who want to be active, even if only via email. I think even the "required duties" can be worked out to everyones satisfaction.

Offline hawkwind

which club
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 01:55:26 AM »
Righto blokes im a looong distance potential member , I know didley squat  about any of the SCTA  clubs , which one do I join ,Im NOT a hot rodder and am unlikly to ever be , Im at home with ricers especialy the 2 wheeled type and streamliners  2 or 4 wheel
Gary
slower than most