Author Topic: NEW CLASS CLASSIC OVAL TRACK SPRINT CAR  (Read 3152 times)

Offline BAKERSFIELD BOYS

NEW CLASS CLASSIC OVAL TRACK SPRINT CAR
« on: October 24, 2005, 07:14:26 PM »
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NEW CLASS" CLASSIC OVAL TRACK" FOR SPRINT CARS MIDGETS DIRT TRACK RACE CARS. CARS SUCH AS SPRINTS/ MIDGETS /TRACK ROADSTERS/ DIRT TRACK CARS (LIKE THE TIME ONLY MODIFIEDS THAT I SAW AT BONNEVILLE THIS YEAR) FROM 50S TO 1970 LIMIT BIGGER CARS TO 355 CU IN AND MIDGETS TO ENGINES STYLES THEY RUN IN THE 70S  VW, CHEVY 2, THE SPRINTS MODIFIEDS ENGINES USE CHEVY CADS STUD BUICK NAIL HEADS. SORT OF WHAT A LOT OF GUYS RUN IN SPRINT AND MODIFIEDS IN THE YEARS AFTER THE FLATHEAD AN GMC DAYS OF DIRT TRACK RACING LET ME HEAR SOME FEEDBACK GOOD AND BAD. A LOT OF DIRT TRACK CARS ARE OUT THERE AND SOME HAVE NO PLACE TO RUN THERE CARS. SO TELL ME WHAT YOU THANK OF A CLASSIC CLASS FOR THESE CARS RON RAINES BAKERFIELD BOYS RACING

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
new class
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »
Ron

While you may have good thoughts on bringing out a lot of the old oval cars from the past I don't think it will happen. but first SCTA has set procedures and forms to make requests such as this. Takes a lot of meetings and what catagories etc they will fit in. Also they would require all of the current and future safety equpment as other vehicles. I don't see a lot of people spending this kind of money for a few cars and the number 3) I believe to have a class. I am not knocking what you are trying to do, but remember it took about 3 years to bring the classic car class into being, lots of meetings, rule and record research and it goes on and on. Vehicles such as the ones you wrote in have no past  records and the minimums would need to be established. I am real interested in the feed back on the venture.
Glen ,Retired SCTA/BNI timer
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline BAKERSFIELD BOYS

CLASSIC SPRINT CLASS
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 07:45:51 PM »
THANKS FOR THE INFO. GLEN I DID NOT KNOW HOW A NEW CLASS IS STARTED IN SCTA. LAST YEAR THERE WERE 2 OF THE MODIFIED CARS RUNNING TIME ONLY A 48 MERC (CAR USED ROOF PANEL/ DECK LID AREA ONLY REST OF THE BODY WAS FLAT SHEET METAL ) ALSO A 48 CHEVY FAST BACK THAT WAS BUILT THE SAME WAY USING A RECYCLED IMCA CHASSIS SMALL BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE BOTH CARS RUN FOR TIME ONLY . I FEEL IF THERE WAS A CLASS MORE CARS WOULD COME TO THE SALT. I HAVE A 1970S SPRINT CAR THAT WAS THE SAN JOSE SPEEDWAY CHAMP IN 1978 DRIVIN BY MARSHELL SARGENT.  THANKS AGIN FOR THE FEEDBACK GLEN