Author Topic: Salt Talks 2010  (Read 24462 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Salt Talks 2010
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
Burgers?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline salt27

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
I believe Freud said "bugah".

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2010, 05:07:19 PM »
What a tease, I have been waiting for months to see them---AGAIN. :evil:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2010, 08:21:55 PM »
Grumm,

If you can get to SLC, I'll see to it that you have a ride to salt...can't do anything about accomodations, but I can get you from the airport to the salt!!

Lynda

Lynda

Thanks
I'm now just waiting on the chap who is buying my car to put some money in my bank account

And all systems should be go,
G
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 03:13:40 AM by grumm441 »
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2010, 05:00:45 AM »
Grumm,
If you can get to SLC, I'll see to it that you have a ride to salt...can't do anything about accomodations, but I can get you from the airport to the salt!!
Lynda
Lynda
Thanks
I'm now just waiting on the chap who is buying my car to put some money in my bank account
And all systems should be go,
G

Anyone who needs a bit of help in the pit could do worse than the Colonel ,years and years on bikes.... he's our engine guru... just don't ask him to push anything....man I'm jealous.............. I WISH I WAS GOING TOO!
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Boppo

• New folks
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2010, 07:28:36 AM »
Grumm, when do you plan to hit SLC? we fly in 15th at 9.45am, plenty of room??

Lynda, let me know if anyone is chasing a lift on Sunday
cheers

Boppo
Good health is merely the slowest way to die

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2010, 11:24:42 AM »
Boppo,

What day are you planning on returning to SLC?  I have a rider that needs to be at the airport by 9 am on the 21st.  I can stay overnight on the 20th and drop him off at the airport on Saturday, but if someone is already planning on leaving then, he could ride with them.  I don't mind staying the extra night, but if there are better arrangements that can be made for him, it just makes sense to do that instead.  Oh, he's also a fellow Australian!!

Also, if anyone else needs a ride to/from the airport, just let me know, I have a volunteer to do the "airport runs" and I'll adjust their work schedule accordingly.

Lynda 

Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Boppo

• New folks
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2010, 08:22:30 PM »
Hi Lynda,

We are driving onto Vegas / Bakersfield around 18-20th so cant help with the return to SLC.
cheers

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »
Boppo
AM arriving in LA on the 11th. I was then thinking of flying to SLC but haven't yet booked and then I don't have to be back in LA until the end of the month.

Your Avitar. "Hellmont"  is that like a Belmont with a blown V8
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »
Boppo,

Not a problem!   I don't mind staying on the salt one extra night....I'll actually get sleep!!  I was just making sure there wasn't going to be some kind of a caravan to the airport!! 

Grumm,

Let me know if you need a ride from the airport!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Boppo

• New folks
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2010, 11:14:58 PM »
Boppo
AM arriving in LA on the 11th. I was then thinking of flying to SLC but haven't yet booked and then I don't have to be back in LA until the end of the month.

Your Avitar. "Hellmont"  is that like a Belmont with a blown V8

we are flying from Des Moines to SLC on the 15th, we may be able to give you a ride back towards LA around the 18-20th, we are heading to Vegas then to Bakersfield for the Nostalgia drags on the 21st, then onto LA to fly out on the 23rd.

The "Hellmont" is my HG Panelvan Belmont, stock looking old girl with bench seat and column auto, no blower but runs 10's on the 1/4 with a little n2o.

let me know if we can help.
cheers

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2010, 08:31:32 PM »
Time to get this thread back to the top.  I'll mention, therefore, that at Salt Talks we always have a raffle/drawing for stuff that's been donated to Salt Talks to be given away (as a part of the fundraising for landracing.com).  So - anyway - here's your reminder to consider donating some stuff.  Team T-shirts -- just a few from any one team -- are good, and then there are big items -- like last year when Delaware Chassis Works/Joe Timney donated a small video camera/recorder, or the year before he sent a Kestrel hand-held weather station.  We've had photos by Pork Pie and Michael Leuders and others - all donated for us to give to some lucky folks that kindly bought a ticket or two or more.  If you've got something that you think would be great as a gift for someone to win at the raffle -- please get it packed to go with you to the Salt.  You're welcome to find our pit and drop off the swag there for us -- or just show up at Salt Talks with the stuff in hand.  Either way - when we do the giveaway drawing you'll get credit for having donated, and you'll get the undying thanks of the website for having helped support it.

See you on the Salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2010, 11:50:01 AM »
The photo's I will be donating are in shipping right now!

See you there!

Larry

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »
This time there will be no poster.. :-o

but there will be three set of 15 6x8 photo....about the Bonneville Spirit.....or what I mean is Bonneville..... :-D

and when I remember in time.....may be a 25 pages screen saver I done with some Bonneville picture...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 01:05:32 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »
Hey Thomas. If you come by my house this time try to call before so I don't go to the market.  :-D Wayno