Author Topic: Salt Talks 2010  (Read 24466 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Salt Talks 2010
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
This morning I engraved about two dozen "Landracing.com" coffee mugs that we'll be selling at Salt Talks.  They're available in four colors -- red, black, green, and blue.  $10 each for a nice way to remind you about racing in general and this website in particular -- as you're having your morning coffee or your afternoon coffee.  We'll have a god supply at the picnic (and the usual other stuff, too, like neck coolers and 2010 Salt Talks t-shirts and some bumper stickers and whatever else I find in the storeroom).  See you soon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Boppo

• New folks
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2010, 09:39:44 AM »
This morning I engraved about two dozen "Landracing.com" coffee mugs that we'll be selling at Salt Talks.  They're available in four colors -- red, black, green, and blue.  $10 each for a nice way to remind you about racing in general and this website in particular -- as you're having your morning coffee or your afternoon coffee.  We'll have a god supply at the picnic (and the usual other stuff, too, like neck coolers and 2010 Salt Talks t-shirts and some bumper stickers and whatever else I find in the storeroom).  See you soon.

educate me here, neck cooler ??? is that like a stubbie cooler ?? (wet suit beer holder), this is going to be one hell of an educational trip
Good health is merely the slowest way to die

Offline DallasV

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2010, 10:19:40 AM »
southern hemi to northern hemi dictionary.

Neck cooler: cotten fabric filled with some crystals that can absorb a bunch of water. dip the neck cooler in the ice water from your igloo cooler and put around your neck to keep you cool for an hour or two.

Souther hemi: stubbie cooler = Northern hemi: beer koozie
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »
Thanks, Dallas.  The neck coolers are the dangdest things.  We keep 'em all ready to use (at least during the day), filling a cooler with ice and water and tossing in at least a dozen of the neck coolers.  They'll soak up water for an hour -- 'til they're as fat as a jumbo hot dog.  Take one out of the cooler, then take a DEEP BREATH and place the thing around your neck.  You get a massive rush of cold -- and in about two seconds you realize how well it's going to work. 

But for best results have a pair of them -- one that's around your neck right now, and the other one in the cooler getting ready for when the first one gets too warm to do much of anything.

They work, by the way, by helping to cool the blood that's heading north to your brain (from the rest of your hot body).  Wait 'til you're on the Salt -- you'll see what I mean.  They're the slickest thing since snot on a doorknob.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2010, 08:23:33 PM »
Here's where I went this morning.  100 of their best 6 ounce morsels, all baked, wrapped in foil, and frozen.  They're in our freezer now -- will be available at Salt Talks in two weeks or so.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2010, 09:22:38 PM »
When do we get to see the pastie pastys?? 8-)
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »
You mean you weren't satisfied with the reference to last year's photos?  I guess I'll have to freshen the post and put it up here tomorrow or so.  By the way, Nancy got a new tattoo last week.  I don't have a good photo yet -- but it's in a public-viewing spot, so you'll have your chance at Speedweek, Fred.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
You mean you weren't satisfied with the reference to last year's photos?  I guess I'll have to freshen the post and put it up here tomorrow or so.  By the way, Nancy got a new tattoo last week.  I don't have a good photo yet -- but it's in a public-viewing spot, so you'll have your chance at Speedweek, Fred.
Mooneyes?
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Freud

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »
Thundersalt................

Mooneyes is when you look back between yr legs,  with your skidders down.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline salt27

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2010, 01:39:41 AM »
Thundersalt................

Mooneyes is when you look back between yr legs,  with your skidders down.

FREUD
Freud,
Thank you for not including a visual demonstration.

Don

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2010, 08:54:52 PM »
We're here, we're here.  We've got most of the groundwork for Salt Talks 2010 laid, what with bringing the pasties and getting Steve Walter's donated hot dogs into the freezer, and placing the order for hamburgers and hot dogs and buns at Smith's, and the banners to promote the event will be done tomorrow so we can hang those on our trailer in the pits.

Here's your view of one of the '10 Salt Talks shirts.  I fiddled a bit with the contrast for the sake of the photo, but the shirts are light grey, not reflective white.

I received  a few DVDs of Loring 2010, and we'll give them as raffle prizes at the picnic Sunday evening.  I did, indeed, bring about 4 dozen "LR.com" coffee mugs for sale.  We looked and looked and could NOT find the neck coolers - we think we left them in the registration trailer at the June ECTA event. . .so we won't be selling those.  Sorry -- try us again at WoS.  We do have landracing.com t-shirts, old Salt Talks shirts that will be sold for cheap (need the empty totes!), and even a few Seldom Seen Slim t-shirts from the olden days.  Be the only one in your neighborhood or at your race club meetings - wearing an official SSS shirt!  Wow, what an honor! (?)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2010, 12:29:54 AM »
I just want to say thanks for having those neck coolers at the reg trailer in June. I just about died from that heat and Tonya pointed me to those -HUGE help! Thanks again.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline Boppo

• New folks
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2010, 02:45:46 AM »
Real sorry i missed this, had issues in SLC and tunred up in Wendover late and exhausted.  Had an barrell of fun Mon-Wed, incredible experience with real decent people, anyone see our blow up kangaroo's??  left one behind with Big Knob racing.  Caught up again with the Aussie's in Bakersfield.  Was offline whilst in US so was difficult to catch up.

I'll cross my fingers and try and pick up those badges next year, also Freud, will have to dial in a beer for next year all going to plan.
cheers

Boppo
Good health is merely the slowest way to die