Author Topic: Salt Talks 2010  (Read 24467 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Salt Talks 2010
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:51:30 PM »
Well, well -- it's only 2448 hours or so 'til Salt Talks 2010 gets under way.  The annual event -- a gathering of land speed racers and hangers-on, many of whom know each other because of this website and the Forum.  Salt Talks is held each year on the Sunday evening of SpeedWeek -- this year it'll be the 15th of August.

Most of you folks know about the get-together.  For those who don't -- Nancy and I "host" about 300 or way more of our closest friends at the Bend in the Road.  We offer hamburgers, hot dogs, pasties*, soft drinks, and some chips.  There'll be donation cans available if you care to toss in a few bucks to help us pay for the gathering, and to support landracing.com in general.  it's our biggest fundraiser of the year.

We sell some Salt Talks t-shirts, and also have landracing.com shirts, neck coolers, even bumper stickers.  This year we're going to have Salt Talks name tags.  We're making them here at our new business (Kudos Laser Engraving), so we'll need your order well before the event.  Let's say the cutoff date will be late July, ok?  The tags will sell for $5 each and will help all of us know who the heck we're talking with.  After all -- we're pretty much faceless on the Forum, so the tags will help us know who's who.  If you want one - and I'll put up more reminders and "ads" for them -- please email or PM me for details.  I'll have the artwork up here soon so you can see what you'll get.

*Pasties, for those who don't know, are a Cornish edible.  Think of a beef pot pie, sorta, that's completely enclosed in a crust and has no gravy.  We've bee featuring them at Salt Talks for about 5 years -- and they're always popular.  I ordered the 100 that we get - today!  So that tells me that we're getting close to Salt Talks '10.  See you at the Bend in the Road.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
Re: Salt Talks 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:53 PM »
 :cheers:  See you and Nancy there!  Do you need any help with the 50/50 again this year?  Be glad to help!   The Arizona Old Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline oldrodder

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
Would be glad to give a helping hand too.  My better half is going to join me at speed week this year and is willing to help also.  (Crow, did you get my email?)   :cheers:  Only 100 days to go........

if it has an engine, i like it

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
Well, well -- it's only 2448 hours or so 'til Salt Talks 2010 gets under way.  The annual event -- a gathering of land speed racers and hangers-on, many of whom know each other because of this website and the Forum.  Salt Talks is held each year on the Sunday evening of SpeedWeek -- this year it'll be the 15th of August.

Most of you folks know about the get-together.  For those who don't -- Nancy and I "host" about 300 or way more of our closest friends at the Bend in the Road.  We offer hamburgers, hot dogs, pasties*, soft drinks, and some chips.  There'll be donation cans available if you care to toss in a few bucks to help us pay for the gathering, and to support landracing.com in general.  it's our biggest fundraiser of the year.

We sell some Salt Talks t-shirts, and also have landracing.com shirts, neck coolers, even bumper stickers.  This year we're going to have Salt Talks name tags.  We're making them here at our new business (Kudos Laser Engraving), so we'll need your order well before the event.  Let's say the cutoff date will be late July, ok?  The tags will sell for $5 each and will help all of us know who the heck we're talking with.  After all -- we're pretty much faceless on the Forum, so the tags will help us know who's who.  If you want one - and I'll put up more reminders and "ads" for them -- please email or PM me for details.  I'll have the artwork up here soon so you can see what you'll get.

*Pasties, for those who don't know, are a Cornish edible.  Think of a beef pot pie, sorta, that's completely enclosed in a crust and has no gravy.  We've bee featuring them at Salt Talks for about 5 years -- and they're always popular.  I ordered the 100 that we get - today!  So that tells me that we're getting close to Salt Talks '10.  See you at the Bend in the Road.

Being from Vegas  pasties have a far different meaning!!! :-D :-D

Looking forward to my first Speedweek and my first Salt Talks :cheers:.

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline Freud

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
SSS, U think the Arizona Old Vulture would let me grow money also?

FerD
Since '63

Offline salt27

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »
Freud,
Gus would like to apprentice under you again if you want.
He fired me. :?

Don

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:40:39 PM »
Slim, is it time to show the pastie picture yet? :wink:
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:12 AM »
 :-D Old Rodder! Sure did, and looking forward to meeting your family.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Dr. Frued, I still am an amatuer compared to yourself,,,,,,more time selling the 50/50's and advice from you on improving my technique and pretty soon I'll be hauling in the big ones also!   BCNU soon!         The Vulture.   
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
Thundersalt:

I don't think it's quite time for the photo of the pasty pasties.  I'd rather let the unwashed few here on the forum read and wonder what the heck we're talking about - for a while longer, and then, when they're all totally confused and the folks that know what you and I know is coming soon -- then I'll post it.

There -- was that obtuse enough for you?  In the meantime, follow this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasty
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »
Don....GUS done good. He's hired. I'll let SSS carry his medical insurance and retirement package. 

I'll learn him to party and drive in reverse.

I'll also extend his curfew.

G'PA FREUD

Since '63

Offline salt27

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »
Freud,
Gus spends a good amount of time on a tractor and is quite proficient at backing up implements.
However, I suspect that the driving in reverse lessons you would provide might be something  new to him.
I have heard about your penchant for reverse driving but no details.
Before I turn you loose with my son, could you [or anyone else] give me the history behind this?

Concerned, Father

Offline desotoman

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
Freud,
I have heard about your penchant for reverse driving but no details.
Before I turn you loose with my son, could you [or anyone else] give me the history behind this?

Concerned, Father

Freud,

You don't have to worry about me. My lips are sealed. LOL.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »
Nor will I, Friend Freud.  I owe you -- for not having been at the Reunion a few months ago.  I suppose that if I expect you to sell raffle tickets -- I can't go telling stories about you.

Don:  Don't worry about Freud.  If nothing else I'll be happy to show Gus a thing or two about driving -- in MY style.  If Freud doesn't warp him -- I betcha I could.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
Concerned Father..........NO WORRIES.

I can't remember what I've done but I'm confident that as soon as we get in the car for the first lesson.

it will all come BACK to me.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline salt27

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »
Freud, That is what I'm worried about.

SSS, I can see him now,a big "JOHN DEERE" in green tattooed across his chest.

Don
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:22:41 PM by salt27 »