Yes
62 (73.8%)
No
16 (19%)
Undecided
6 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: October 19, 2005, 04:56:33 PM

Author Topic: SCTA Meeting minutes online?  (Read 33952 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
As you say
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2005, 02:43:03 PM »
If the poll is meaningless and harmless,
 then what harm could there be in those few ineffective people getting copies?
Where there is smoke there is fire, the type of smoke speaks volumes.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline desotoman

Re: As you say
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2005, 06:06:52 PM »
Quote from: JackD

Where there is smoke there is fire, the type of smoke speaks volumes.

JackD,
   You crack me up. LOL LOL LOL  :D  :D  :D    There is no smoke or fire up here in the San Fernando Valley. The reason I cannot see to San Diego, is because of all of the fumes coming out of the pot you are stirring. :P  :P  :P
    Regards, Tom
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
NO ?
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2005, 08:59:28 PM »
No pot left in San Fernando ? The Indians used smoke to communicate with others and just smoked it local if they were only talking to themselves anyway.
They didn't try to trick anybody until mirrors came along. Then it was a smoke and mirrors deal that remains popular today.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Clay Taylor

SCTA Meeting minutes online?
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »
All -

OK, so why not re-state the question and post a new poll?    

How about this -

IF there was an online forum (posted either on the SCTA website, Landracing.com, or another venue) that addressed potential rules changes being considered by the SCTA for LSR competition (thus impacting Goliad and Maxton racing, too), would you

1) Regularly review the posted topics?    Yes__  No__

2) Participate in the discussion process if your particular class of racing would be impacted by the proposed rules change (either to support the proposal or to disagree and offer a reasonable alternative)?  Yes__  No __

Disclaimer - If this Forum becomes a reality, the SCTA is under NO obligation to follow the majority opinion on any topic, although the posted opinions could (and should) be taken into account when making the final decision.  Topics could be posted as they are being considered by the various Competition Committees, and have a finite "discussion period" before being closed (say 2 to 4 weeks).

I think this approach will prompt a much bigger response from the subscribers to Landracing, in part because I would bet that many of the subscribers are from outside the area covered by the various SCTA Clubs.   Personally, I did not vote because 1) I do not (yet) have a car to race, and thus am not a BNI Member, 2) Like Dave Dahlgren I live in CT which makes SCTA Membership not an option, and 3) I don't care what goes on with the day-to-day operation of the SCTA, as long as they can sucessfully put on events at B'ville and El Mirage.

Clay

Offline joea

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2005, 10:20:11 PM »
yes Clay that is the type of facilitation that would be
worth something..........

its very easy to have member access only.........ie
an scta/bni # or other could allow for private participation only...........

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
What is wrong with the DLRA
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2005, 06:36:47 AM »
All of the LSR groups are in this together and each may also style their event to suit their membership. The groups can actually learn from the others. The best one is the one you run.
The closer the rules and procedures , the better it is likely to be for not only safety but credibility.
A neutral forum like this is the best place to share ideas. An expiration date will not work, but interest will take care of that when a problem is solved or the participants give up.
If they choose not to participate in open discussion with the participants, vote with your feet and that will be the end of that.
The closer you hold their feet to the fire, the more anxious they will be to please.
 Soon enough they will add "PLEASE" to their vocabulary too.

Offline D-Type

« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2005, 07:18:38 PM »
As one who is neither competitor,spectator or organiser, I have not posted a vote.

To a complete outsider like me, this seems to be a basic lack of communication (both ways)

Would a possible solution be: rather than publish the minutes of meetings, a representative of the rule-making bodies posts ideas for rule changes here for discussion before these are formalised into a proposal, by which time it is effectively too late to change it.

Can I also add that, as an outsider, I find it strange that a relatively small branch of the Sport should have more than one rule-making body.  Surely the different lots of rule-makers could talk to each other.
Oh Lord, please help me to keep my big mouth shut until I know what I am talking about

dwarner

« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2005, 09:59:01 PM »
I find it strange that a relatively small branch of the Sport should have more than one rule-making body.

Huh???

Offline D-Type

« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2005, 07:20:14 PM »
Quote from: dwarner
I find it strange that a relatively small branch of the Sport should have more than one rule-making body.

Huh???
SCTA/BNI, ECTA, USFRA, Texas Mile, FIA all publish their own rule books. Plus AMA and FIM for bikes.

I would say that's more than one, wouldn't you?
Oh Lord, please help me to keep my big mouth shut until I know what I am talking about

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
D-Type is convinced.
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2005, 07:28:31 PM »
As traditional as D-Type is, he has gotten over the fact that not all Motorbikes look like a BSA.
By Jove, I think he has it.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Hot Spot or Thin Spot ?
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2005, 08:08:21 PM »
With over 3000 views, it would seem there is something lacking.

dwarner

« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2005, 11:19:02 PM »
Actually, SCTA/BNI/ECTA/USFRA all use the same rulebook.  ECTA and USFRA have some accomendations to suit their specific venues. If you want to have your record at Bonneville acknowleged you use the same rules and class structure as the SCTA/BNI.

DW

landracing

« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2005, 11:49:16 PM »
Also the Texas mile goes by same rules at the SCTA/BNI/USFRA etc etc.

DLRA rules are a spinoff of the same rules with their own additions and allowances. (They allow more rear fairing height and allow more leather options)

ECTA has about the same rules also with additions or allowances added for their meet (rear fairing height as an example, and leather allowances but you must have body armor over a certain speed and you must have front brakes above a certain speed)

The BUB meet which uses AMA rules are also a spinoff with much the same rules with a few additional requirements. The FIM rules almost mirror the AMA. (safety wire oil pan drain plug and oil filter are two extras not in the SCTA book)(then again there is rule with a belly pan being able to hold half (????)  of oil and coolant capacity that is not enforced)

So when it is all said and Done the SCTA rules have been the standard, each venue add's a few extra or takes away a few but all have about the same rules.

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Same thing only different
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2005, 12:11:48 AM »
Each has it's own level of input from the participants and degree of enforcement.
Will the real fastest bikes please be quiet while we make rules around you to protect and preserve the halfast.