Yes
62 (73.8%)
No
16 (19%)
Undecided
6 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: October 19, 2005, 04:56:33 PM

Author Topic: SCTA Meeting minutes online?  (Read 33947 times)

landracing

SCTA Meeting minutes online?
« on: October 19, 2005, 04:56:33 PM »
This poll is for would you like to see the SCTA meeting minutes posted on this website for all LSR to see....

Offline Pat Kinne / Salt201

• Global Moderator
Minutes Poll
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 04:59:35 PM »
My vote is YES

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 05:16:45 PM »
It's been established that any member can and does have access, so why let the rest of the world stir up crap that doesn't concern them.  As to BNI discounts -- it may make some money but it takes a lot of SCTA people to run it.  And if the SCTA profits a little, that's okay in my opinion.  It's a wash.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stroker

• New folks
    • http://www.snartracing.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 05:22:11 PM »
Yes!

4janey2

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 05:26:02 PM »
I agree with Stan. Change my vote to No.

landracing

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
You can express your opinion here by replying, but make sure to click on the poll above yes or no or undecided.

I cannot change the results once you vote it is done on results, however you can reply to message..

landracing

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 05:32:06 PM »
Quote from: Stan Back
It's been established that any member can and does have access, so why let the rest of the world stir up crap that doesn't concern them.  As to BNI discounts -- it may make some money but it takes a lot of SCTA people to run it.  And if the SCTA profits a little, that's okay in my opinion.  It's a wash.

Stan,

You are correct if SCTA profits its ok. I dont think the viewing of the SCTA minutes is about profit or loss its about people just want to know whats going on, thats just my opinion

Jon

JohnR

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 05:36:24 PM »
I voted undecided.

It's not that I'm undecided, just that what I would like was not an option. I think the minutes should be posted on the SCTA-BNI website as all official documents should be, not posted here. If the board were unwilling to do that, and agreed to let landracing show them then they could go up here.

While we are at it, I think the bylaws of the SCTA & BNI should be posted on the SCTA-BNI website as well.

I'm sure that all this information is technically available to the members, but to me the question should be "is it readily available" and thats what a website can do very well.

ahomer

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 06:17:04 PM »
I would read the SCTA minutes if posted.
Al Booton

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Somebody help me with this.
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 07:29:12 PM »
Tell me again why the meeting minutes that have an impact on all the entries at Bonneville are not more available.
How is it possible the DLRA has the SCTA rulebook available on their web site.
Would I bore you with examples or can you take it from there ?  :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

RogerL

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 07:35:13 PM »
my vote is in, YES!

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 07:50:38 PM »
I think thats the point. None of this is available electronically via the SCTA website for members or non-members. I think that it is reasonable that someone advanced the SCTA into at least the early 1990's technology. SCTA policy and financials however do not belong here. Rules changes, rules considerations, protests and the other things we have to log onto this site to find out anyway.

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 08:35:03 PM »
I'd sure like to know what's "in the wind" before the new rules are (finally) published. I know I don't have a vote in the SCTA, but just maybe some of the views expressed here will be heard when changes are considered.

(That's a Yes vote)

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

landracing

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2005, 08:53:47 PM »
Wether you agree to confirm or deny it, the SCTA meetings have an impact at Bonneville. Rules and regs and this and thats all stem from El Mirage which also will pertain to Bonneville....

And I would think that if I were permitted to have the SCTA minutes posted online, the SCTA website will have them also.....

So im sure it would be an all or none deal....

Jon

landracing

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2005, 08:55:30 PM »
This is from a post on another topic but applies to this poll of Meeting minutes posted.....

For example during the Sept meeting they discussed how John Rush was doing better from El Mirage accident and moved to new hospital.
BNI membership for USA is to remain the same, International rates would increase to $80 for them canadians and Mexico and $100 for all other countries

"The SCTA property management is all SCTA and the projected costs to complete the property development is about $180,000.00, discussion. About $59,000.00 has been spent to date. "
HEre is some El MIrage property news:

"SCTA Property - Jim Dunn reported that the mobile home is ready to be moved next week, the skirt h as been removed and the pre-inspections have been done. It took several tries to get done. The trailer will be mounted on a permanent foundation as decided by the Board. The projected costs by Jim were $256,000.00 including the steel building, well, and propane tanks. etc. discussion. The mobile home costs the trailer park about $65,000.00, the space rent will go from $600.00 per month to $900.00 per month. The mobile home costs SCTA $7,500.00 plus closing costs."

MOtorcycle tech rules meeting was upcoming.

I sure would like to know what is proposed in the rules meetings???

Manghelli held a wire party and Jim jenson made some new spools for the wire.

Great info thanks guys.

"Inspection Equipment Doug Robinson asked about the ultrasonic roll bar thickness measuring machine. The purchase was turned down by the Board. Doug found one for $800.00, can used for thickness measuring/ corrosion damage checking also."

Some other good info, maybe someone on the east coast has an outlet???

This is information we need to get on the website. This is great information and wouldn't everybody like to see these. We sometimes just want to read about whats happening in our LSR world, when we are not racing....

Jon