Author Topic: Jim Lattin for President??  (Read 25364 times)

Offline Mark Gillette

• New folks
Jim Lattin for President??
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2005, 11:44:25 PM »
No offense, Mr. Freudenberger, but it is evident that at least one of the people in your diatribe IS a liar, but it is not Elmo Gillette.

You say that Elmo veered 150 feet off of the course and headed directly toward you because of some kind of vendetta against you because you didn?t have enough sense to be in a safe place.

First, I find it hard to believe that anyone would intentionally drive off of the course, perhaps causing a spinout or worse, and aborting a run just to taunt somebody who doesn?t have enough sense to get away from the course.  The entire concept, unless you live in a world of TV movies, is ludicrous.

Btw: until I jogged his memory Elmo says he had no recollection of you or any altercation with you or any alleged record attempts you may, or may not have made.

The Vendetta Theory dissolves at this point.

But, I digress.

There are two sides of Elmo Gillette in the world of Land Speed Racing.

Everyone who knows anything about Bonneville knows the sides and can sing it along with me.

?POLITICAL.?

?MECHANICAL.?

You?ll notice ?DRIVER? does not appear above.

That?s because Elmo built and tuned the Flatheads and Small Blocks and Offys and Arduns.

Elmo did drive the Redhead and the Ranchero.  He also drove the Dietrich/Walker Streamliner in an exhibition pass during the 50th Annual Speed Week.

None of the rides he took was ever in a white Roadster with or without the number 69.  Not the ?29 Highboy or Jim Lattin?s Deuce Street Roadster.  Not even in the Warm Up Area.

Unfortunately for you and your attempt at impugning the character of a Land Speed Racing legend, who was president of SCTA and Meet Director of the Bonneville Nationals more than any other person in the history of the sport, thereby politically slandering Elmo?s longtime friend, teammate and political ally, Jim Lattin, has coughed back through your blower.

How the heck is anyone supposed to believe the rest of your drivel?

Sincerely yours.

Mark Gillette