Author Topic: Ricers annd Bonneville  (Read 7086 times)

dwarner

Ricers annd Bonneville
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:37:06 PM »
Holy cow!! I spent $5 this morning for a copy of the Dec issue of Turbo & High-Tech Performance magazine just to get a picture of my hero and pit mate John Romero. Of course when I put John's photo on the wall the mirror on the opposite wall broke.

I never thought I'd spend that much for a ricer mag.

Kidding aside there are 18 pages of Speedweek coverage and not all ricers. There are articles on two GMC powered cars and a flathead in a Nissan. Of course there is the standard GM-So Cal story, they use this type of motor of course. And best of all the story we all want know about John Romero, it's a tell all so keep your copy away from those under 18 years of age.

DW

Offline hawkwind

what the
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 05:21:51 AM »
you mean to tell me that there are other types of vehicles than ricers  :shock:
slower than most

JohnR

Ricers annd Bonneville
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 11:26:30 AM »
Quote from: dwarner
... And best of all the story we all want know about John Romero, it's a tell all so keep your copy away from those under 18 years of age.

Don't worry Dan, there's more coming as thats just a teaser for my soon to be published autobiography. I'm currently writing the chapter where I founded the worlds first "Lap Dancing Traffic School". The next chapter I'm going to write is where I founded the equally successfull "Exotic Pole Dancing For Fun and Profit" school.

In the future, I'll forward you the rough drafts to save the Warner family fortune the $5.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
ricer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 01:13:13 PM »
Lap dancing and pole dancing, sounds like a Sidewinder club outing, am I missing something Dan?
glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

Ricers annd Bonneville
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 01:35:04 PM »
The Sidewinder picnic WAS yestereday. Another fabulous Ron Main production.

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Go easy on him.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »
Rough drafts might be a little rough for Dan.
Just send the pictures.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
ricers
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 12:40:10 PM »
Dan won't send pictures,he has them on his garage door and sits in his street roadster and stares at them. Now known as Dirty Dan the lap dance man.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Never to old to learn.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 02:34:36 PM »
Glen is spending his extra time with a mail order course that is titled "Mean like you mean it." 8)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
ricers
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 02:49:26 PM »
JAck
Actually I'm going back to work next week for a while, local company needs Hydraulics tech's and there ain't many aerospace people to draw from in this berg. To good of a deal to pass up right now. BTW, I already took the Meaner then thou course,aced it.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

JohnR

Ricers annd Bonneville
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 10:43:47 PM »
You guys win, I've come to terms with my background. I will embrace this thing called rice! I WILL NOT DENY MY TRUE FEELINGS ANYMORE!!!

Tell me what you think.....

The only remaining question is how to get 1" lug nuts on it!

dwarner

Ricers annd Bonneville
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 11:05:57 PM »
Quickly John, so your fingers won't get cut off.

DW

Offline fastnlo

• New folks
Ricers annd Bonneville
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2005, 12:20:09 AM »
You silly boys!! I wished I lived out west!! You guys have to much fun ribbing each other!!! Dan you sure were right about the water, the perk and all that technical stuff at the Salt Flats.... 3 years now and I have yet to get to hear or see a car run there!! 1600 hundred miles and a JOB sure does complicate getting there at the right time.....  Maybe El Mirage in Nov.... if it doesn't rain!!

Fastnlo........ Mike W.

Offline jimmy six

Ricers annd Bonneville
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2005, 12:35:08 AM »
1" lugs are easy. You just need to want to do it.  Drilling the discs for those longer "American" studs will make the little Honda shudder...Wait a minute. I forgot, the Honda Civic is an American car made in Ohio...Thats why I can own 2 of them.

Figure out how to but those "air ducts" in the rear bumper yet John???
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

StraightSix

Ricers annd Bonneville
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 09:57:34 AM »
Quote from: John Romero

brilliant!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
ricer
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 10:14:07 AM »
HUM ! Them spinning hub caps/wheels might confuse the photo cells and give you twice as many times, at least thay can act as fans to cool down the disk brakes after stopping from one of those high speed runs.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah