Author Topic: El Mirage question?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline firemanjim

El Mirage question?
« on: October 07, 2005, 04:13:08 PM »
I have heard that you need to be a club member to run at El Mirage,and if there as a guest you are limited to one run????
Hope it's not so as I really would like somewhere that's not across the country to run the bike this year.Lots of work went into the bike(s) and I am dying to see how it runs.Any insights?
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
el mirage
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 05:14:35 PM »
Jim
It's true you have to be a member to run under normal conditions. There are clubs that have out of town or assoc. members. Several of our members are out of town and live all over the country. I recommend this is the way you should go. I belong to the Gear Grinders. I am giving you a number to call or  e-mail and he will send you the information.
Bob is the current president of the club. I will call him and let him know you are interested. If you join you get a news letter each month and other info you need to know about from SCTA-BNI

Bob Webb@gagrip@earthlink.net
his cell number is 1-714-742-9554

Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

SALTRACER

El Mirage question?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 06:29:36 PM »
:?: How many runs on average does a racer get at an elmarage met if he is a member of a SCTA club?

SALTRACER

El Mirage question?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 06:32:34 PM »
:!:  :!:  :!: sorry my spelling was crap in that last message (El Mirage)

Offline desotoman

El Mirage question?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 07:12:05 PM »
Fireman Jim,
   You need to join a club and be an SCTA member to be eligible to run for points and records at El Mirage. The key word here is SCTA member.  I am in the Sidewinders and we have two types of membership.
    The first being a regular club member, this membership in our club includes SCTA membership, which would allow you to run at El Mirage.
    The second is being an associate member. An associate member is only a member of the Sidewinders, not a member of the SCTA, this membership does not allow you to run a car at El Mirage.
     Both memberships require that you do a duty once a year for the club at an El Mirage meet. Which is very important, as the meets could not be put on if it were not for the dutys assigned to each club. I hope this helps.
Regards, Tom Gerardi
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
El Mirage question?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 09:16:17 PM »
You can run as a guest no points and no records. I beleave you can make as many passes as the rest of the entries. we usually get 2 passes sometimes 1 to 3.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
El Mirage question?
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 12:21:17 AM »
Jim I left you a message earlier...

SDRC.. 8)