Author Topic: ECTA saftey rules for cars  (Read 2910 times)

wicked_larry

ECTA saftey rules for cars
« on: September 23, 2005, 04:27:36 PM »
Hi, i'm Larry and very new to land speed racing.  I have applied for a membership in the ECTA and now am just awaiting a reply and a rule book, im gonna try and make it out there for october.  i will be running a stock bodied 67 mustang, i will assume production class, with a 351W and a toploader, i was just wondering what safety requirements i need to meet to be able to race. i don't think i will be setting any records i just want to go and have a good time.  another question i have (since i'm too excited to wait until the rulebook gets here) is what am i limited to for body modification? for instance can i add a lower facia onto it if it was stock on other models, am i allowed to make my own that resembles it (don't have much money), can i add a rear spoiler or any sort, etc.  i realize i'm asking a lot of info but i'm really excited about this.  
any help is greatly appreciated.

wicked_larry

another question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 04:44:24 PM »
just one more quick question, maybe two, am i required to have a roll bar or cage if i run over the 130mph limit and do i have to put a full interior back in the car? thanks again.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 07:31:51 PM »
you can probably run it as a motorcycle in the ecta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:43:09 AM »
Quote from: 1212FBGS
you can probably run it as a motorcycle in the ecta

Kent, be nice!!

Funny but true... :wink:

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 12:47:10 PM »
Mr 261gps, my humor can only be understood by twisted people like you. "Nice" I save for my wife, and my dog. Ok I guess I can be nice to you, your girlfriend, your cat, only because maybe some day I?ll get some pistons from ya, and Michelle is pretty. Maybe I?ll be nice to little ?A? since he runs this fine web site so I can continue to bag on the ECTA. But that?s it, I don?t think I can get any more on my list.
Peace and grease
KR