Author Topic: Ken Kelley's '05 Account  (Read 1882 times)

Clay Taylor

Ken Kelley's '05 Account
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:31:20 PM »
Hi all -

I want to thank Ken for a great piece on his Speed Week 2005 adventures, commentary, etc.   For non-racers and website lurkers like me, these articles are a lot of fun to read, as we add to our understanding of what it is like for you guys out there wrenching and driving.  NOW I finally understand why the rough track was causing so many spin outs!  Guys like Hooley and the Stude, keep up with the updates!

As I read the article, I remembered standing in his pits during the 2004 Finals as they fired the Blackbird and ran the motor, and it sounded very strong.   As the car was announced on the event radio, I was hoping I could get some good photos at speed, but death smoke at the 3-mile sign signaled the end of the meet.  I just plugged in three of my shots into the User Picture Post (I don't have my own website yet).  Hope you like them.

Ken, I hope the photos are a small consolation for the damage that was caused.  If you are interested, please e-mail me directly, and I'll send you a CD with the original images on it.

Clay

landracing

Ken Kelley's '05 Account
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 01:31:59 AM »
Ken put together a very good report. You other racers please put something together like Ken did on your experience. I am in need of content like this for the website. Even during the winter on your building progress, why the changes were made, new changes just because etc etc. Keeps the site content fresh....

Good job Ken.

Jon