Author Topic: Timing Tags  (Read 8471 times)

Offline Dave Haller

Re: Timing Tags
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:20 PM »
Got my timing tag yesterday and realized they sent the slower speed at speedweek. Is there a difference between the long course runs and the short course? I went faster on the short course on a break in run then broke it on the long course, dang it!!!! Well, didn't really break it but blew out the front crank seal and took an oil bath. The short course run was neat, took it up to 6200 in third gear and went through the three at 202 and change. Not bad for a new car and engine. We built it to spin to 8500 with a Tex T101 road racing four speed geared for the salt.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 07:24:02 PM »
e-mail russ eyers at SDRC. he makes the tags
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »
Dave --

Could the higher speed be in the quarter on the short course?  They're supposed to reflect the highest mile time I believe.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
The higher speed was at the three mile on the short course. I'll give Russ a call, no big deal, I have the timing slip anyway. I keep all of them for the great memories.

Offline osti

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
Mine showed up in the mail today too.  :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »
Got the tag and certificate for the scooter, talked to Jon, he got the tag for the liner... Looks like tags are coming out kids.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »
Trophy,Tag and Certificate have all been recieved :-D
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 09:01:03 AM »
Tag and cert, and My ECTA Cert from April arrived at the same time!
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

McRat

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »
I believe we have received everything, including the dup trophies.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »
Recieved Record Trophy for WF today. Pleasantly surprised. As I remembered there was no trophy for WF. First time for car number on it also. Last one recieved was for 2008. Son took that...This ones mine, took his record too. What a bad dad I am but hey he has his own car now and get to compete 10 times a year at Perris Auto Speedway.

No flat tires on the trailer, 4 runs, 2 qualifying, 2 record returns, cheap room, no hot weather, Red Tag, Cert, Record Trophy....What a Life @ 65.....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline GH

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 10:27:53 AM »
JD, you're just a kid, still wet behind the ears.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 11:12:28 AM »
Gotta agree with JD . . . but if it rains, you're outa the game for a whole year.  When he gets my age he'll probably take that into consideration.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 03:38:49 PM »
Stan I'll take the shot on the rain...already scheduled for WF this year for vacation with more power we hope. Only time this year for LSR. Maybe El Mirage after... Big Maybe. Cleaning mud off Patricks car has become my "new" job....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »
Cry, cry, cry -- oh, come on -- you're lovin' it!  Last time I was at the PAS I walked across the track and the clay almost sucked my shoes off.  Probably ain't easy cleaning it off anything either.  At least it's not as damaging as that white stuff you've been used to.