Author Topic: So I guess this will be the next must-have motorcycle  (Read 4486 times)

StraightSix

So I guess this will be the next must-have motorcycle
« on: September 20, 2005, 09:10:03 AM »
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/16september05_2006kawasaki_zx14.htm

ZX-14R - most powerful Kawasaki ever apparently but no numbers yet. Looks a bit of a beast!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 10:09:17 AM »
We will see, I have one coming.....as a "loaner"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 09:12:35 PM »
gonna be tough, gonna have to make over 200hp to push that body as a p/p. That monoque frame will give M and A frame guys fits like the zx12. I like Kaws better than suzi's and have a few of both but I'm not gonna trade in my p/p bike yet

Offline joea

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 10:55:39 PM »
another tale of hype........should be ultimate
sport tourer.........thats it............

a stroked and bored zx12 sport touring clothes......nothing
more............

not really innovative AT ALL................
and I am a Kaw guy..........

basically opening the door for (god forbid) Suzy to
make a big displacement Busa, probably with a twist......

nice that Kaw did something, dont get me wrong...........

Joe :)

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 12:29:49 PM »
First one out to Bonneville is a guaranteed record holder as its' displacement is 1352 which puts it in the 1650 P-P class now held by a Gold Wing.  :P  Kawasaki always uses big valves, long duration cams and high compression in their bikes so I expect stock it might be faster than a Busa. However the Busa should remain faster when modified. Aero probably will be the difference.     LF

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 01:30:41 PM »
Yeh your right it will set a record??for about a year. Suzi?s 06 busa has a redesigned aero package, doesn?t look to be any better. Chassis and motor is an 8-model year design. New bodywork on an old chassis means they will keep polishing the terd for another 3 model years. When Kawi released the ZX12 Suzi released the 1300. Now that Kawi has released the 1400 you can bet the farm that next years busa will be a stroker at 1450 or 1500. Suzi already has a 1400 bandit (old style w/p motor). If my psychic ability is working. The Kawi 1650 p/p record will fall to Suzi?s for ?07.

LightTwin

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 06:22:13 AM »
OK, I'm a new guy here, but won't the ZX-14 be speed governed?  I have a bone stock 2000 ZX-12R which is the only year made without a governor.  How much trouble is it to bypass/disable the governor on these things?

On a related note, I would very much like to take my ZX-12R to 200 mph, but I know that this will require some modifications as it is just shy of 2 bills stock.  Any suggestions :?:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
ZX12R
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 03:56:56 PM »
Well, maybe the 2000 12R didn't come without a speed limiter -- but if that's the case, why did the boat carrying all of 'em -- including mine -- turn around in mid-ocean and go back to Japan for some refitting of stuff, right after the E.U. decided 300 clicks was fast enough?  And why'd we find that little thingie that programmed the bike to not exceed 186 mph?  It sorta like detuned the motor in top gear -- so we put in that emulator that told the ECU the bike was still in fifth. . .

My first year at the Salt was on the stock bodied '00 12R with only a 1270 big bore kit, 6" over swingarm, a decent tune up and a Muzzy pipe.  200.471 mph in the last mile.  Oh, yeah, and with that limiter removed.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline hawkwind

Re: So I guess this will be the next must-have motorcycle
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 03:20:30 AM »
Quote from: StraightSix
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/16september05_2006kawasaki_zx14.htm

ZX-14R - most powerful Kawasaki ever apparently but no numbers yet. Looks a bit of a beast!

Why? I don't think HP is the problem , tires and bloody restrictive aero rules are  , only thing that Kawka will do is give someone the chance of  a 200 PP record  :D
slower than most