Author Topic: DLRA rules and such  (Read 3342 times)

Offline hawkwind

DLRA rules and such
« on: September 19, 2005, 07:38:46 AM »
G'day
It appears that a trip down under by some of you is pretty well certain , for those of you who will NOT be running under the FIM rules , here are some tips
we have our own rule book which is almost identical to the SCTA rules for both cars and bikes and I see no problems in any of you not  passing scrutineering unless there are safety issues ( Im the M/C scrutineer  :D ).
we dont have an onsite supply of racing fuels ,so you must bring in whatever you will require ,as well we do not seal fuel tanks or engines , we at present run on a trust system.
there is NO compound , engines are not striped or measured ,again we are a trusting bunch relying on racers good will not to cheat.
we have 2 types of records  the most common is a one way pass ,where your highest measured speed is used  OR you can do a 2 way record as you would be used to , you must let the starter know if you wish to run a 2 way pass or you will be credited with a one way pass
we have a short and a long course but they are run on the same course ( there are not 2 seperate courses ) but there are not the very long ques or waiting that you would be used to as well
please visit the DLRA site as it has a lot of information about salt racing down under and shows you precisly what you are comming over  to
http://www.dlra.org.au/
looking forward to meeting you in person  :wink:
Gary (hawkwind racing)
slower than most

Offline ack

"Trust but verify"
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 04:46:29 PM »
Having been around racing for some 45 years I believe a quote from Ronald Reagan ?Trust but verify? says a lot.  Racer will cheat if they think they can get away with it. It?s just the nature of racers to want an edge.  We really like someone keeping us and everybody else honest.  The FIM will require a return run within 2 hours and tear down of the motor.  I gave Charlie Hennekam my thru the sparkplug measuring tool and he used it to verify John Noonan?s record run without tearing down the motor.  He took it back to Switzerland with him and I now believe the FIM may accept this method for motors that are 10% or less under the class limit.  The motor must have a sparkplug in the center of the bore to use the tool.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Yup
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 06:49:29 PM »
The oil method is another that was first used by the bikers at Bonneville and is very accurate.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
DRLA rules
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 09:19:39 PM »
Jack
Ya gotta watch lil Joe Amo, he pees in the oil.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
I am not going to watch.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 10:01:05 PM »
His brother told me Joe does it sitting down.
 Is that true ? :shock:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline joea

DLRA rules and such
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 10:43:22 PM »
Scotty,  there is FIM sanctioning planned.......that is
the primary focus.............

and your right, there are a least two planning on
attendance that openly appreciate methods of
measurement and verification..............

yes, I like to "do it"  standing, sitting, supine, prone,
upside down etal............

the Nike motto is "priceless"...........

there is not of yet a rule prohibiting oil additives.......
given time.......that is likely to change.......

Joe (honey Im home) Amo

landracing

Re: DRLA rules
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 02:48:54 PM »
Quote from: Glen
Jack
Ya gotta watch lil Joe Amo, he pees in the oil.
Glen

Glen your giving away our secrets to make an old ZX10 engine go above 240 mph.

We have since been working a reformulation to use in the ice intercooler, the ice cubes are the secret in what we put in them before we freeze. We use the same basic formula and a day ahead of time we add some extra additives and it has proven to work so far. If you are interested we can brew you up special for your oil. Comes in 1 qt containers. Private label. We are currently in development for a fuel additive.

Jon

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
I new it !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 06:03:37 PM »
It's second process BEER.
That DR. guy tried to sell us some once. Actually more than once.
We never bought any because Mort the Sport was giving it away.
I know he gave some to Dees and after that Mark stopped playing the opera music and went to town.
Guthrie was bringing it from home in mason jars.
Hoyt said that horse was sick, I never knew for sure because he always argued with Elmo anyway and who are you gonna believe. 8)