Author Topic: Rain at elmo??  (Read 447350 times)

Offline RIFLEMAN

Re: Tiny, rain at elmo??
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »
 I opened that gate so I could get acces to Lake Rd and the area I wanted to use as an observation point,then closed it when I was through it. At the end of the day when I left,I found it open,the bungy cord dangling and a passle of dirt bike,quad and UTV tracks. Alot of vehicle entered the park before the visitor center opened. If their passes are supposed to displayed openly,I never saw one.
 I am very appalled at the BLM's lackadaisical attitude. Especially when I spent a whole day off(and I only get a day and a half off a week)doing MY duty. The idea that I call the BLM comm center and get a blasé "oh,nobody out there today",really p i s s e s me off.
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline jl222

« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2011, 05:45:50 PM »
I opened that gate so I could get acces to Lake Rd and the area I wanted to use as an observation point,then closed it when I was through it. At the end of the day when I left,I found it open,the bungy cord dangling and a passle of dirt bike,quad and UTV tracks. Alot of vehicle entered the park before the visitor center opened. If their passes are supposed to displayed openly,I never saw one.
 I am very appalled at the BLM's lackadaisical attitude. Especially when I spent a whole day off(and I only get a day and a half off a week)doing MY duty. The idea that I call the BLM comm center and get a blasé "oh,nobody out there today",really p i s s e s me off.

Me to :x

efenn611

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2011, 08:48:46 PM »
 :-D :-D  Hey I just got back from the lake, and had nice chats with 3 Rangers (leo's), and the mud patrol guy, the lake was under close supervision, I was only there for 4 or 5 hours though, here are some fresh pics from today. the water has gone down about 6" but still has at least another foot or so to go.  First pic is looking down course, #2 looking south, #3 looking north.  Enjoy,  Ed
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:50:50 PM by efenn611 »

Offline Freud

« Reply #213 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:37 AM »
Thanks for the effort.

The fotos made up for many words.

Elmo Rocks..........

FREUD
Since '63

Offline jl222

« Reply #214 on: February 14, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »
:-D :-D  Hey I just got back from the lake, and had nice chats with 3 Rangers (leo's), and the mud patrol guy, the lake was under close supervision, I was only there for 4 or 5 hours though, here are some fresh pics from today. the water has gone down about 6" but still has at least another foot or so to go.  First pic is looking down course, #2 looking south, #3 looking north.  Enjoy,  Ed

Has anyone seen this much water [ I know it was fuller a month or so ago :-D] for so long?
 More rain on way Wed. don't know about forcast for El Mirage.

JL222

efenn611

« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »
   here is a link to elmirage weather

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/CAELSRVA:13?dp=windsdp

Ed

Offline TINY

« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
Today at El Mirage it has been windy no rain and lake bed is drying out even have seen dust on this end.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #217 on: February 16, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
Thanks Tiny.  We had some rain down here.  More to come.  Hope it doesn't make up there.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline FADED

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
Soooooooooooooooooo, What are the chances of our coarse drying out by May?? I wanna race!! Cant wait till June or July,

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Looks like 0.15 rain since 8:26 last nite...
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
If you go to this one from page 1 it gets you right to the El Mirage weather station data. Data in this format is only available where an automated reporting weather station exists.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=sgx&sid=EMRC1&num=48

Jim had posted this site before (thanks Jim!) it gives the actual rainfall, not just the %chance of rain. A lot more useful.

Tom

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »
The conditions can change pretty fast in the desert. Still have two months for it to dry. Sure hope they can keep everyone off of it until it is dry.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2011, 01:31:14 PM »
Agreed, the bigger challenge will be keeping people off till it dries. There's still time for it to dry I'd think.
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline TINY

« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2011, 06:04:11 PM »
Wind has been blowing hard today not much rain last night.Muddy water going all over & people are doing a good job at keeping everyone off lakebed.

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2011, 02:53:32 PM »
 Had rain and snow here last night in Adelanto. Biggest hinderance to the lakebed drying(besides more rain)is that it is now saturated and the only way for the water to leave is through evaporation. Wind will definitely help(and it moving the water around has a nice polishing effect),but we are gonna need some heat.
 Everybody is doing a great job keeping folks off the surface. Just need a really strong and aggressive BLM LEO presence with fresh citation books and sharpened pencils doing THEIR job.
 Fingers crossed and looking forward to the new season!
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!