Author Topic: Gene& Betty Burkland  (Read 10969 times)

Offline Freud

Re: Gene& Betty Burkland
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »
Thank you for the excitement and enjoyment that you have contributed to my life.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Bobby c

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 11:23:49 PM »
From Kathye, Dalton and Bob Collier,
Congratulations to Gene and Betty Burkland on 50 years!
(They say that's the hardest)
We hope to see you on the salt for many years to come.
The Collier Family :cheers:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 11:51:15 PM »
I don't remember what year it was, in the mid 1980's I think. But I was at Bonneville and I see this orange creation that I later find out is a Datson B 210 coupe with an extended nose. Just totally awesome. And it had a early Chrysler, or Donovan in it. Ran right at 290 or 300 as I recall. I could not believe a car like that could go that fast. My hat is off to such a great family. You represent and have the true spirit of what Bonneville is all about. I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary.

Regards,

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 08:15:53 AM »
I would like to wish the both of you a very happy anniversary.  Betty I would like to thank-you again for the hat that you made for me.  Thank-you   Brian Westerdahl  Very special people in my book

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 09:11:10 AM »
Gene and Betty have always been what Bonneville is about... friendly, talk about their projects with anyone that asks, family oriented and the desire to go fast.... really fast.  They have built some of the most talked about and successful vehicles on the salt.  Congratulations on your first 50 years together... hopefully the next 50 will be as much fun.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 631

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »
great things have come from that humble shop in Great Falls because of your dedication to amateur motor sports, high standards of craftsmanship and hard work- plus raising 2 fine sons.  Thanks for showing us the way and for your friendship during good times and bad.  We all have great forever memories of running the 411 liner on the salt and from our many "motorsports adventures".
 From the 411 crew-  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!.

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
50 yrs... wow...  How could all of us not envy your committment to each other.. very impressive.

Like the rest of the comments here ... thanks for the memories... but mostly thank you for your example of life.

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline salt nut

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 12:03:49 AM »
We want to thank all of you who contributed to this thread.  It, along with all the cards & notes we received because of it, made the celebration of our 50th wedding anniversary even more special.  Thank you all . . .  from "the slower Burklands".   
Betty Burkland
Montana's #1 Salt Nut

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »
    No, Betty, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!. From the SaltCat Crew in Columbus. :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »
I'm working on number 28 with my bride. Hope we can make it to our 50th and live life as well as you and your family. Your legnedary to me and mine,
Dave Haller #93

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »
Gene & Betty congratulations   &  thanks for the inspriation!   of #411     

THE 211 project will be getting started SOON!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline mkilger

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 11:53:33 PM »
just had 16 years with mine, took her to bonneville year before last for the first time. She has a little bit of the salt bug, once the roadster's done  Iam sure she will be hooked.  she worked with me most of the week, so she hasnt really had fun at bonneville yet
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:56:49 PM by mkilger »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »
Smart man  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!