Author Topic: Rotary Motor "Correction factor":  (Read 18790 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
And the only thing worse is
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2005, 07:19:58 AM »
those OZ guys. How can you expect them to ever take directions and do it right ?
Hell, they start out up side down !!!
I give up............LOL
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Just for the record
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2005, 07:38:34 AM »
Quote from: narider
makes me wonder if the SCTA was doing this in it's first ten years of existence?

Quote from: JackD
Comparing the 2 will do no more than generate a smile from those that can tell the difference.

My point exactly Jack.. it seems there's never been anything but selective comparison, be it about speeds, records or rules. The only comparable imo is the people and the fact that they both need(ed) to time to grow.
Todd

Offline Stan Back

Rotary Motor "Correction factor":
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2005, 11:41:44 AM »
What the hell's IMO (besides that imitation sour cream)?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2005, 12:06:51 PM »
Stan, "in my opinion" or IMHO "in my humble opinion". Took me some time to figure it out a few years back. :D
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2005, 12:27:06 PM »
Thanx from a red-hatted old fart club racer.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Got it !!
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2005, 12:30:54 PM »
We need an English to American to Internet conversion chart and a spell check that knows what you really mean.
A filter to score individuals on really how mean they are would help also.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
The true meaning of "morf"?
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2005, 03:39:22 PM »
It's amazing that this all started with my questioning the equivalence factory for rotarys not being fair!! and it has turned into a contest between the 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers and the East and the West!!

John Romero if you look on page 15 of the 2005 rule book it gives the SCTA's equivalent formula. And don't pull our leg you are not going to give up that kick ass Honda to do a rotor motor!! Although they do love turbos!

As Sum points out so well, some engines do lend themselves to small frontal areas and the rotary is certainly one of them, make the equivalent factor 2.2, which would keep the 13B in the F class and I'd build a car with a rotary and bet that it would snag a record. Small, compact, you can mount them very low, even lay them over on their side to get the inlet and exhaust out of the way, not many engines can present as small of frontal area as a rotary.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.