Author Topic: Motorcycle Records  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Stan Back

Motorcycle Records
« on: August 17, 2005, 03:38:26 PM »
Well, I see you 2-wheelers managed to set 15 records and plug 9 of them into the empty holes on your side of the ledger.  At that rate, can anyone calculate how long it will take to probably fill in all the blanks?  And with an outstanding average of 78 miles per hour on the Open Records, maybe you could save some money and use the Interstate and let the Utah Highway Patrol do the timing.  The tickets might be cheaper than paying the SCTA entry fee.  Just stirring it up.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Don't forget !
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 06:34:54 PM »
All the certificates say "WORLD RECORD", and that has to be worth something to somebody.
I think I remember an estimate of 200+ years to fill all the classes. Part of the problem that you don't mention is that slow bikes in fast classes while they take more time, the need love too because they pay as good as the fast ones, but are easier to manage.
If you don't know anything else about conditions, just look at who didn't run and how well the others did.
A measure of the success will always be T-shirt sales.
Does any of that surprize you ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline RichFox

Motorcycle Records
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 10:27:07 AM »
I first went to the salt in '66. Been there every year they ran, since '77. Have yet to buy my first T shirt. Am I unsucessful ?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Ya gotta have da look.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 11:27:21 AM »
I don't think Rich Fox is a poser.
The name does give rise to some speculation though. LOL
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline RichFox

Motorcycle Records
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 10:47:30 AM »
I think I misunderstood. It's selling T shirts that is a mark of success. I'm still on the wrong side of the curve.  RF