Author Topic: World off Speed results 2009  (Read 132806 times)

Offline Wester

Re: World off Speed results 2009
« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »
J T Nesbitt and the crew from New Orleans have to be serious contenders for the hard luck trophy.  One run, after towing from Louisiana, wheel problems, a major scramble to get on the course and then going home with a blown engine.

Thanks to everyone who attended, racers, spectators, with special thanks to the Healey enthusiasts who added to the excitement.  As the result of everyone's patience in fighting pond Bonneville, after a perfect course on Monday morning before the rain, we'll live to stage a race again NEXT SEPTEMBER.

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »
Mark DeLuca just made his return run on the Guppy. Although entered in the fuel class the bike is using non-oxygenated VP race gasoline. His timed mile speed was 245 MPH :-o (GPS was 248) hitting the rev limiter midway through the mile. If you race motorcycles you can appreciate this accomplishment for a naturally aspirated bike at 4200' altitude. The bike was designed by me, the engine was built and tuned by Steve Knecum, and Mark DeLuca rode the wheels off it. Team Forstall-Knecum-DeLuca, the N/A kings. (Not so good with tube frame turbos. lol). My Thanks to Bob Carpenter for his cylinder head expertise and Dennis Murray for the best exhaust made. Amazing sport LSR, down one day, up the next. Thanks all.    Larry

Had to go dig this up so we could offer our congratulations to Charlie & the Angels! Excellent job once again from the NA Kings!  :cheers:
Missed your smiling faces and fast bikes at Maxton! See you in October & keep up the great work!

Debbie & Todd
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #332 on: September 22, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »
I'll say that Mark was in "Happy Dance" mode when I talked with him in impound after that run.  What a great ride -- on a great bike.  Best wishes to the entire team and crew from Nancy and me.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DeLuca

• New folks
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2009, 08:46:17 PM »
You said it Jon, Thanks for such a awesome job you do with this website, congrats to Nancy,Joe Amo,Fred Vance and every one else that had success at World of Speed... Debbie and Todd we'll See you guys in Oct. for sure!  Thanks Larry , Steve ,and Dave couldn't have done it with out you Mark D.   

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2009, 04:53:21 PM »
nice going Mark! Hopefully we'll meet again next year. We are building my streamliner to be at Speed Week then BUB.
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline DeLuca

• New folks
« Reply #335 on: September 25, 2009, 09:39:37 PM »
 :cheers: guttey782, We'll be out there for sure next year!!!!!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »
What a meet for a rain out

Joe's 272 was amazing
Freds runs were outstanding
Marks Guppy pass unbelievable
great runs by Poteet
too bad the Caddie crashed after qualifying, that was a bad azz run
lots of good runs and records.... can't remember them all

I had a near salt out on the windshield of the coach pushing the Bockscar for the long course qualifier run Thursday, the course was a little damp, but Johnboy did his job... 185 quarter....
The course was much better Friday and very good Saturday.   
Johnboy qualified Friday and completed his gas record Saturday morning, then Nick Sutton, Marty's oldest qualified the car and backed up the fuel record Saturday afternoon, gaining entry in the 2 club. 
The Mountain States Automation Bockscar Lakester Team thanks all the USFRA volunteers and officials as well as the Mayor of Warnerville for a great meet.  We had a great time.

Thanks to everyone that made this another successful USFRA World of Speed
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
My sentiments exactly. :cheers:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #338 on: September 27, 2009, 03:32:21 AM »
Fred,
  I'm proud to be your first inspection.
Sorry, I forgot what brand.

Tell ya what, a 12 pack next year.

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #339 on: September 27, 2009, 08:09:37 AM »
    The SaltCat Team would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved for their perseverance in getting the meet off and making it an enjoyable experience. Special thanks to Dan, and Monty on the starting line for patiently handling all of the questions and short tempers when all the technical glitches came about. Always a smile and a kind word. MANY THANKS!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Doug,Frank,Robin &Barb of The SaltCat Team
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline joea

« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2009, 10:26:33 AM »
........most entertaining quote heard during wos.......

........"looks like "Blow Job" is almost ready....we better
get our stuff on".......

.....and then ............there was a really fast and impressive
pass to start the meet.........

....i really like lsr peoples......

Offline snap daddy

• New folks
« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
 :cheers:  to all the people who pulled this event off!  We showed up at 8:30 Wednesday morning after driving straight through from Omaha...had no idea there had been rain til we saw the salt, and had no idea how close we were to having no event to race at!  This was our first time participating (130 club), so needless to say, we learned a lot.  A few highlights (and lowlights):  Found a crack in the oil pump cover on our baja VW while warming it up in the pits.  JB Weld to the rescue!  While waiting for that to set up, we were paid a visit by a super nice guy in a red hat, asking if we'd be able to help move a wrecked Caddy with our open trailer.  So all 5 of us piled in the truck and followed him down to around the 6, helped lift / drag the #283 on the trailer, and hauled it out to the timing tower, where the owner wanted it, and left the whole thing parked out there.  Didn't get any runs in that day, but were 19th in line for Friday morning.  Made 2 runs Fri., 99.6 and 98.4...so close!  (My guess for the pool was 100)   The 130 course was kind of a zoo - so many Minis!  Got a visit from the guy in the red hat again, who was delivering my trailer and some T-shirts from the Caddy guys.  Thanks, btw, for those...we weren't expecting that.  Started talking to red hat guy...turns out his name is Larry Volk!!!   Larry, if you read this, the hour or so that you hung out was the highlight of our trip.  And I apologize again for only offering you water or soda.   :wink:    Saturday was totally different than the previous days over on the 130 course.  There were no Minis!!   We made our last 3 runs in about 2 hours' time, and never had to wait in line more than 10 minutes.  The 2 gentlemen running the start on the 130 course were awesome...I'm sorry I don't remember your names, but you guys treated us like we were the only ones there - thanks!  For our last run, they even gave us a 30-ish yard head start...which was just what we needed to crack 100.5!  We were geared too tall...only 4000 rpm through the traps.  So anyway, I won the pool and took the team to dinner at the Rainbow that night.   It was a great trip, and now we're planning for a "big boy course" car for next year.  (The Stude in my avatar is a lost cause....long story)    Thanks again to everyone involved!   Oh, one more highlight - I spent about a half hour at the long course start Sat. afternoon;  just long enough to get to see Joe A make his 272 run!!  There were a lot of HOLY S-BOMBs overheard when the numbers came out of the squawk box!!
Speed Wobble Racing

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »
there were a lot of them out here in CYBER land also!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline peglegcraig

« Reply #343 on: October 11, 2009, 12:14:58 AM »
The landspeed season is drawing to a close. B'ville is done. Thank you to all the players and the journalists who brought the events to our small screens. We live the dream through you and can't thank you enough. Congratulations to all the new record holders and know that some people are looking to take them away, if the salt gods give them the chance. Long live Bonneville and the dream.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #344 on: October 25, 2009, 09:27:30 PM »
A few WOS shots I finally got together.

When I heard the Healey team from Australia was coming, that was the deciding factor to not miss Bonneville this year.  I loved the lighting on this shot.  The tent was sweetcorn yellow, and the fading between the blue and yellow gave the car this radioactive look.  The team is replacing the supercharger hoses that didn't hold up to the heat and popped off under pressure.

Pork Pie, as he was viewed every time I saw him.

Some seldom seen bike inspector who clearly knows bikes, having his tats inspected by folks who clearly know tats.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: