Author Topic: BUB Updates  (Read 167843 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: BUB Updates
« Reply #525 on: September 03, 2009, 02:41:44 PM »
No, we didn't fall into the big hole in the Salt -- just been at the long course start line shooting the breeze withKen Sperry of the MV Agusta group.  We think that we've pretty well solved most of the issues at hand, so we're back on our quest to find Sam Wheeler.  It's only two hours twenty minutes 'til this event ends -- and there's no Sam at the start line.

As for having Mike Cook (or anyone) stage a roadster-only event -- Mike will probably stage an event for you if you approach him with all the necessary baackground, like a bunch of committed racers and vehicles, and a handful of money.

Rosey runs 192 and change -- still trying to get back to yesterday's 193
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline mkilger

« Reply #526 on: September 03, 2009, 02:43:09 PM »
lets move the all roadster meet over to bonneville chat. and lets roll with it, sorry, lets spin with it .

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #527 on: September 03, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »
Ya'll that are enjoying all this frivolity, might think about a small bit of tribute to Jon and Nancy's favorite charity; namely, Landracing.com.
I would suspect a $10 spot would be a fair minimun for the last 4 hours entertainment.  VERDAD?

Thats a great idea, I just sent him a nifty fifty before speedweek..you can paypal Jon at jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org

John

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #528 on: September 03, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »
i'll be there......jd
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #529 on: September 03, 2009, 02:49:41 PM »
D a m n, the system kicked my note out.

To be clear like mud....  :-D

FIA - 1 hour turn around - 1 percent faster than the existing record

FIM - 2 hour turn around - 1 percent faster than the existing record

For the BUB 7 means this - breaking AckAttack record - the are in the same class - 360 mph existing record - needs 364+ to get the record.

Sam is running in 1100 cc class - three class lower than Bub and AckAttack - a very soft record.

Also, if Sam like, he can run with his streamliner in the BUB and AckAttack class.

In the earlier time it was so - only for FIM - if someone set a record and the speed was higher than the next higher class record - this speed also count for this higher class.....this was only FIM - if FIM is still doing this, I don't know....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #530 on: September 03, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »
Sam Wheeler's bike is done for this meet.  A long chat just now with him and Terry.  There's a rear-wheel driven belt drive to a water pump that pumps cooling water onto the chain and the radiator and then dumps into the exhaust pipe to cool the stream.  THAT pump has failed.  So the bike is done for this event.  Click to post to update you and I'll givew you some more stuff.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #531 on: September 03, 2009, 03:27:31 PM »
bummer - hope the engine survives and Sam can try for the shootout....and he need not so long to get this record as he need for the BNI record...  :roll:

good for Sam - he knows now that the front solid wheel works - not anymore a safety issue for him.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:29:17 PM by PorkPie »
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Roland6250

• My Powered Streetluge Project
« Reply #532 on: September 03, 2009, 03:30:06 PM »

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #533 on: September 03, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »
Bring the bikini....or may be your daughter will be so kind to borrow one for you.......  :cheers:

I will be there for the PICTURE....  :-D
Pork Pie

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: September 03, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
More Sam Wheeler stuff:

The engine is a ZX11 motor, 1109 cc.  The solid front wheel is working fine.  I guess there was some moving around of the front on one of the runs -- but that was most likely due to the salt condition, not the front wheel and the way it works on the salt.  That is -- other vehicles had similar problems.  Today's run was fine.  

The engine and all systems except that water pump are fine, with no reason not to make another run right now -- other than the exhaust stream is so hot without that cooler that it's damaging the bodywork.  Here's a photo, I hope I hope.  You can see the damaged plastic, the bad tape, the plastic covering over the body -- all showing heat damage:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »
Is this the bikini you're requesting, Pork Pie?

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2009, 03:43:41 PM »
Nancy's bikini....I think this will work for Roland.....  :-D .....may be pink will better match to Roland....Nancy, what you think....white or pink????

To Sam .... in the earlier time his displacement was under 1100 cc - so he runs the class from 1100 - 1500 cc, now....this is one class higher.....who got this record???
Pork Pie

Offline kiwi

« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the constant updates guys. :cheers:
It has been great to keep up with the event as it happens.
Does make me want to be there though.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #538 on: September 03, 2009, 03:48:52 PM »
Speaking of Kiwis -- we have gone through the pits a couple of times and can find no sign of the A-Ward team, so I'll have to assume they've packed up and gone from the salt.  And while we've found the compound where Leslie P. is pitted -- but can't find her or anyone to ask about that top speed of the meet issue. 

It's getting sparse in the pits -- I'll hang up the 'puter for a couple of minutes and see if there's much of anyone in impound.  Back in a while.  The meet ends in about 70 minutes.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #539 on: September 03, 2009, 03:57:46 PM »
Has anybody heard how Chris Rivas ran on his H-D Roadglide, we were pitted next to him at Speed Week, great guy and a great tuner.
No regrets