Author Topic: Lodging at World Of Speed  (Read 1538 times)

Offline Buickguy3

Lodging at World Of Speed
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:15:45 PM »
Feeling a little ripped off? Today in the Billings Gazette, there was an ad for a trip to Wendover. Three nites with $100 in gambling coupons includes airfare and lodging at the Rainbow, or The Peppermill, or The Mandolay Bay, for $129. The date is Sept. 16. I checked and there are actually vacancys. There are,however no rental cars available. [866] FLY WENDOVER.  :-o
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline jimmy six

Re: Lodging at World Of Speed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »
I already have my lodging for the World Finals. Some of the "big" hotels already show no rooms for Friday and Saturday nght. One of the Utah motels have the same policy for speed week "no money return for cancelation"...I'm not staying there......................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Lodging at World Of Speed
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 07:22:50 PM »
In re:  Lodging for any race event out at Bonneville --

I have been in touch with a fellow/family that lives out there and has a spare apartment in the basement of his house.  He listed the information on this Forum a few weeks ago and rented the space during SW -- and he's sent me a reminder that there's some room left.  Here's part of his email:

Hey, I have a tough time getting my message where it needs to be on your website. Can you please make it known to your buddies that we are still willing and able to house people for salt events? We've had some people stay and feel that they have been very pleased with the accomodations. Thanks again, Brian
775-268-0316
ke7fsz@yahoo.com

If you're interested -- it's a real house, and you'd have access to more comforts than you'll find at a motel.  Give a call if you'd like - and let us know (back here on the Forum) what you discover, hokay?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com