Author Topic: need to class a car  (Read 14312 times)

Offline joea

need to class a car
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2005, 12:34:52 AM »
it really interesting when a guy, posts the facts, as he personally
knows them from fist hand experience..........which are documented
as correct then and now............and is one of the only
people  on the planet who's expertise at timing and certification has been sought and utilized
by FIM, FIA, LSA, SCTA/BNI, AMA, cars and bikes.....as well as volunteering and serving in various roles on scta board/tech comittees for decades.....and because of
or inspite of this is snipped at by many of the SCTA/BNI............

its very revealing.........

its one thing if your not truthful or accurate, its quite another when
you are............

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Polytricks
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2005, 01:14:42 AM »
Polytricks are their own reward and are often cannibalistic.  :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

need to class a car
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2005, 01:05:49 PM »
jacksoni,

Please refresh my memory as to the rules question you asked from which you have not received an answer. I'll try to accommodate you.

Warner

PS - Thanks for your help last August, made my week easier.

DW

Offline jacksoni

need to class a car
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2005, 07:11:28 PM »
Dan, you have PM
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline joea

need to class a car
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 10:19:59 PM »
thats FUNNY Dan.............I clicked on the thread........read
his question.........and read the answers to it........from the EXACT
OWNER and board member who was there................

did you disagree with the answer.........and or not look to see
the question already posted on this thread???

or are you trying to be silly again??

either way..........hope to see ya soon.......

Joe :)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Just for the record that speaks for it's self.
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2005, 10:56:57 PM »
Dan and Mike were and are still are the best thing that has happened to tech for the car field.
I have gone toe to toe with both of them and ya win some and ya lose some. But you better get it right.
You don't back them down, but you might suceed in providing some information that will not only help them do the job better but make the rule easier to enforce.
The racer will go at them from both ends of the book and if you are worth your salt, it will get better and that helps everybody.
Don't quit your day job because the pay in tech is limited to the sence you get doing a good job.
I don't pat POPOs but respect is more often earned that it is rewarded.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

dwarner

need to class a car
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »
and or not look to see
the question already posted on this thread???
You're right Joe. I didn't pop back to page one and see the original question. I thought that Jack I had asked a question in a different forum.

We PM'd. Issue resolved. Be there on the 10th.

DW

LordMaximo

need to class a car
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 12:03:14 PM »
:P Just a quick one for all of the rest of the folks out there in speed land, I have been a real believer in facts for the cause, however, this is a real test of the mental faculties for most of us. I have yet to bring out any type of vehical to the flats. I live out here in Utah and have seen many a record squashed because of technicallities of registration. It would be quite symple to make only a few classes instead of some 586 ways to register a vehical to run for speed records. In the old days, which I am only 47, which makes me really young in speed business, there were not too many types of classes to run. I propose a vote to be made to symplify and ratify the whole works and start from what is actually available from the auto manufactures of today. If you have a vehical, runm it from when it came. And the simple mods that are allowed to a vehical to make it aero-dynamic, that does not conciderably change the overal appearence from the show room floor. If a vehical was classified to be a sedan, run it as a sedan for the day of running. I the same frame, body style and make was offered as a four seater, put in the back seats and run it the next day. Lets get it right you all. enough is enough about what is ran. If the vehical passes inspection and documentation is accepted, don't cry if your butt is left in the dirt. That is what next year is all about, come back then with something else. I have eight rides that are in the works, ranging from a '34 Ford truck on up to a '79 Alpha. I have old tanks and trucks and big supper sleds, that would be my '42 Hudson. When each one is finished, I plan on bringing them out. I guess I will have to deal with all you big cry babies about how my rigs are setup too.
Lets get along and deal with fact that we all are out here to have fun.
Please don't ruine it for our future drivers and make this sport way out of reach dur to quibling over what design you are up against. Run what you brung and deal with life as it really is, just breath! 8)

dwarner

need to class a car
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 12:22:55 PM »
Rule change forms are available in the tech area at all salt events.

Warner

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Yup
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005, 12:25:46 PM »
Bruce Crower built and ran a Modiried roadster and a Streamliner, both with more inovation than 10 other entries. Some of it worked and sone of it didn't.
He certainly has the resources to do anything he wants.
He is most famous for his Hudson and he is happy to share that story.
He is a Hot Rodder, no differant that the guy that builds in his garage.
That is the streangth of the sport.
Money is no object. just ask GM, Ford,Handa, or Al teague. about their efforts.
Dividing the results with more classes is it's own reward.