Author Topic: AMA V. FIM at BUB Event  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Snail

AMA V. FIM at BUB Event
« on: June 10, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »
Wow, what an experience, I just downloaded and copied more than 200 pages of rules from the FIM.

Overwhelming.  Trying to make up my mind if its worth all the extra hassle.  The AMA Nationals would be a lot simpler.

Is anyone else considrering the FIM World Record attempts, and if so could you help me wade through this mess?

Offline Dakin Engineering

Re: AMA V. FIM at BUB Event
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »
Snail,
   IIRC, FIM rules are for displacement only.
 I.E.; if your motor is larger than 1350cc, you get to compete with anything larger. (Such as the current world record holder @ 322+.) And I think there's an extra fee for FIM certification, and advance notice needs to be given, etc.

It's been a couple of years since I looked at the FIM rules, so read those 200 pages carefully.
Turbo Sportsters since '97

idefendm

Sanctioning Organizations
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 04:40:18 PM »
I participated at Bonneville in 1981, my last year of professional motorcycle grand racing. For many years I held both AMA and FIM Professional Racing Licenses. As a crusty old curmudgeon I now prefer riding motor-scooters. In 2007 I attempted to create a special scooter class to run at the 2008 AMA/BUB Bonneville event. I did this because presently motor-scooters must compete against motorcycles, and scooters of equal displacement don't stand a chance. That attempt was a no-go. I then sought to enter my 70cc Kymco S9 in an STCA event. I was told the wheel diameter was too small. Finally,out of frustration with all three organizations as regards motor-scooters, and mandatory racing apparel, I created yet another organization that is gaining momentum.
www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org. We're holding our first event at El Mirage on November 21st 2010, and have been pro-active as regards BLM's safety concerns stemming from the tragedy at Soggy Dry Lake.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Sanctioning Organizations
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »
I participated at Bonneville in 1981, my last year of professional motorcycle grand racing. For many years I held both AMA and FIM Professional Racing Licenses. As a crusty old curmudgeon I now prefer riding motor-scooters. In 2007 I attempted to create a special scooter class to run at the 2008 AMA/BUB Bonneville event. I did this because presently motor-scooters must compete against motorcycles, and scooters of equal displacement don't stand a chance. That attempt was a no-go. I then sought to enter my 70cc Kymco S9 in an STCA event. I was told the wheel diameter was too small. Finally,out of frustration with all three organizations as regards motor-scooters, and mandatory racing apparel, I created yet another organization that is gaining momentum.
www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org. We're holding our first event at El Mirage on November 21st 2010, and have been pro-active as regards BLM's safety concerns stemming from the tragedy at Soggy Dry Lake.

Please tell me you did not wade through 6 years of posts just so you could throw in a plug for a silly little moped/scooter race... :roll:

Oh yeah..welcome to the board...

JOTD..

What do you call 100 dead Lawyers/Attorneys... :?

Wait.....

A Good Start ! !  :-D

Offline kiwi

Re: AMA V. FIM at BUB Event
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 05:21:17 AM »
There are FIM rules for scooters. So wouldn't that mean you could run at BUBs?