Author Topic: axle fairing  (Read 2761 times)

Offline hitz

axle fairing
« on: July 11, 2005, 01:25:02 AM »
The rule 4.CC.2 states that the axle configuration can have a fairing. Does this "configuration" include the tie rod and steering cross link? This would be in the lakester class.

What do we use for the car log book? I didn't find any on the SCTA web site.

Thanks, Harv

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
axle fairing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 10:14:56 AM »
Log books can be purchased at the meets
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
axle fairing
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
I would think you would want to make sure it is inside IE. closer to the body at it's outer most point than the inside plane of the tire just like the body has to be. I may be wrong but suspect that interpretation will keep you from needing tin snips a Speedweek.
Dave

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
axle fairing
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 02:40:32 PM »

The rule 4.CC.2 states that the axle configuration can have a fairing. Does this "configuration" include the tie rod and steering cross link? This would be in the lakester class.

Harv you can streamline that area anyway you want "so long as no part of the body or axle fairing is wider than the narrowest inner vertical plane of the tires".

Here is a link to Harv's lakester build ( CLICK HERE)  for those of you who haven't seen what he is doing.

When are you going to send me some more pictures?  Are you going to be at Speed Week, hope so  :D ?

c ya, Sum

Offline hitz

axle fairing
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 02:09:02 AM »
Hi Sum,

I won't be able to make it to speed week this year and I'm really going to miss it. Looks like your making good progress on your lakester! It's looking good!

Hooley's Stude looks like a million bucks. Has he put another chute on it? I'll be checking the results every night. Good luck.

Thanks for the input to all of you on the fairing.

Harv