Author Topic: TV's Jesse James fraudulently claims besting BMW's FIA ratified world record  (Read 44937 times)

Offline joea

another comparison off the top of my head would be.....

for those who have been at or competed in powerlifting.....

someone trains to break the "world record" bench press....

they find someone who is a powerlifting official from a sanctioning
body....they utilize the same certified plates/equipment.....

the person shows up, takes the weight straight off the rack....to about
4 inches from the chest...and presses it back up.......with a weight that
exceeds the current record........then has a press release that says they
shattered the world record, taking it from previous holder etc....

this is hard to swallow for the world record holder and all those who, have
to follow the sanctioing bodies rules which keep it consistent for decades...

ie.....once off the rack....you hold it until given the "press" signal from officials....then once its down to chest....held for a count of one...until
the official gives the "press" signal.....then pressed......

that is ALOT different.........but its still impressive that the dude took
off a weight exceeding the world record, and pressed it over a MUCH
more limited distance..........

Joe Amo  :)

PS..............JJ.........we would LOVE to see you DO the deed......do
it right......WE WILL HELP AND SUPPORT you and such an effort......

it would be VERY VERY cool for you to come out to Bonneville....and
get it done.....time consuming..YES.....challenging...YES.....would
love nothing more for you to get it done, and see you say "bitc--s
you were right....you have my respect....and I hope to have earned some of
yours..."...AT THE BONNEVILLE 200 MPH CLUB BANQUET....!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:42:23 PM by joea »

Offline Gwillard

Kinda reminds me of the current homerun record in MLB. Impressive, but tarnished.
At least JJ can make his legit. The question is, will he?
Will weld for beer :cheers:

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:07:27 PM by slopoke »

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:07:42 PM by slopoke »

Offline jl222

This is Jesse's responce to SCTA President Roy Creels letter stating the SCTA had nothing to do with his "Record" from over on the HAMB site.

"The SCTA (Southern Calif. Timing Association) was neither involved in, nor did we confirm Mr Jame's "record". In fact, Mr James did not set any record.

What he did accomplish was to exceed an existing record speed previously set by BMW.

His private timing event was timed by the same folks that time SCTA events and the course was set up by the same folks who set SCTA courses." Roy Creel, President, SCTA"

Nice!

The way I see it I played by SCTA's rules on everything. I had Mike Cook oversee everything we did on the car. I had "official" timing equipment set up, and got an SCTA official speed of 199.7mph. The car actually went 201.59mph on my GPS past the speed traps.

Since SCTA is now being Dicks since this was not "sanctioned" event?

I'm going to consider 201.59mph my top speed

First Hydrogen I.C.E. car to Break 200mph

Thanks SCTA!!

Sounds like missed comunications about official SCTA timing

JL222

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:07:58 PM by slopoke »

Offline willieworld

actually hydrogen is on the scta approved fuel list--- 09  rule book page 17   section  2.B---hydrogen would put anything in the fuel class   ----------------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:08:16 PM by slopoke »

slopoke

Re: Wow
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2009, 01:24:14 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:08:33 PM by slopoke »

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
I spent fifteen years in Hollywood as an actor, writer and producer. You wouldn't believe what people would say to get their names in print, to get laid or to make a dollar. One of the best lines used in movies is "based on an original event". Mr. James wants to get his show renewed and BMW needs all the PR they can get. Why this stand alone "vehicle" would help BMW sales I do not know but actors and their managers go by the saying... "any publicity, whether good or bad... is good publicity". As long as he doesn't call it any type of World record, I don't care--

For you historians, has anyone ever been officially "banned from the salts"? I'm curious--

One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

Offline willieworld

same as the 08 rule book

2.B FUELS.
 FUEL CLASSES.
In fuel classes, any approved liquid fuel may be used. Examples of approved fuels are: All alcohols and ethers, hydrogen, nitro methane blends, nitrous oxide, and unapproved gasoline.
willie buchta

willie-dpombatmir-buchta

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:08:51 PM by slopoke »

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:09:05 PM by slopoke »

Offline Malcolm UK

Re - Reply 61.  The FIA speed for any of the standing start records is the average speed for the run, staring from zero.  The 60 mph is not a trap speed as recorded on a 1320 or 1000 ft drag strip.  Indeed the average of two run times is taken for the speed offered as the record.  If my maths works this morning the 1/4 mile time is about 15 seconds.  Not shabby for a manufacturers car, but that was why the Kart could beat it in the SS mile.

Now we are moving into GPS recording of speeds, does JJ want all of the timekeepers and timing distances to be replaced?  The SCTA and its members clubs could then become an off shoot of the "World Records Academy"! ...........................  (That was a joke).

Malcolm UK
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

McRat

Re - Reply 61.  The FIA speed for any of the standing start records is the average speed for the run, staring from zero.  The 60 mph is not a trap speed as recorded on a 1320 or 1000 ft drag strip.  Indeed the average of two run times is taken for the speed offered as the record.  If my maths works this morning the 1/4 mile time is about 15 seconds.  Not shabby for a manufacturers car, but that was why the Kart could beat it in the SS mile.

Now we are moving into GPS recording of speeds, does JJ want all of the timekeepers and timing distances to be replaced?  The SCTA and its members clubs could then become an off shoot of the "World Records Academy"! ...........................  (That was a joke).

Malcolm UK

DOH!!!  Thanks for the correction.   :cheers: