Author Topic: TV's Jesse James fraudulently claims besting BMW's FIA ratified world record  (Read 44935 times)

Offline willieworld

the gear grinders require a 100% yes vote for a new member ---i was worried when i took sheri to get voted in that someone would vote NO ---she would always swear it was me ---every thing went O.K.  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

McRat

What all does it take to get FIA certified?

I just looked at BMW's records with their hydrogen car, and one is proclaiming they are the fastest hydrogen dragster (0-1/4mi standing start) with a blistering 60mph trap speed.  That's solidly in Motorhome territory, or 1963 VW Beetle.

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:06:02 PM by slopoke »

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:06:20 PM by slopoke »

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:06:38 PM by slopoke »

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
He is a member of the LSR and I think its pertty cool.  :cheers: Come on you guys need to move on give the man a break..
Mike cook jr

slopoke

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:06:56 PM by slopoke »

Blue

"ozone friendly"? Ummmmm, did anyone measure the oxides of nitrogen?  While it may have been carbon free, it is the NOx emissions from lean burn and high temperature that deplete the ozone layer.

"couple million dollars"? I could build an ALSR for that...

McRat

"ozone friendly"? Ummmmm, did anyone measure the oxides of nitrogen?  While it may have been carbon free, it is the NOx emissions from lean burn and high temperature that deplete the ozone layer.

"couple million dollars"? I could build an ALSR for that...

NOx seems to be the #1 concern of the EPA, especially with diesels.  Our trucks are getting urea aftertreatment next year, and two watercooled EGR logs.

Big boost makes big amounts of NOx.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
This is Jesse's responce to SCTA President Roy Creels letter stating the SCTA had nothing to do with his "Record" from over on the HAMB site.

"The SCTA (Southern Calif. Timing Association) was neither involved in, nor did we confirm Mr Jame's "record". In fact, Mr James did not set any record.

What he did accomplish was to exceed an existing record speed previously set by BMW.

His private timing event was timed by the same folks that time SCTA events and the course was set up by the same folks who set SCTA courses." Roy Creel, President, SCTA"

Nice!

The way I see it I played by SCTA's rules on everything. I had Mike Cook oversee everything we did on the car. I had "official" timing equipment set up, and got an SCTA official speed of 199.7mph. The car actually went 201.59mph on my GPS past the speed traps.

Since SCTA is now being Dicks since this was not "sanctioned" event?

I'm going to consider 201.59mph my top speed

First Hydrogen I.C.E. car to Break 200mph

Thanks SCTA!!
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline willieworld

would hydrogen just put you in the fuel class  ---or is there actually a hydrogen class--- i would think
if it did that record is over 400 mph ---what sanctioning body is the record with---i know if i were to break a record at bonneville i cant claim it at el mirage------- l would guess that JJ best brag would be " i have the fastest hydrogen car at el mirage ---that and 2 dollars will get you a cup of coffee --just some thoughts---------------------------------------------------    willie buchta
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:25:26 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Bill Cosby claimed 200 mph in 1968. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/200_M.P.H.

I'd sooner believe him than the 'Vanilla Gorilla'.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
What is it that everyone don't understand. He got a certificate of speed at 199.700 mph. It was a 132 foot timing trap, there is no exit speed trap and I don't know where the 201 mph speed came from unless it was a GPS on the car. The car if run under a SCTA/BNI meet would run as a AA/BFS. The record at Bonneville is Burklands 417 mph and at the lakes Leggitt's 305 mph record. I am sure we would all like to see it run under a sanction meet.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
i think Cosby's story is a lot funnier than this one.... Hey Jesse, ever here the Cosby 200mph story...pm me if ya want a copy...
Kent

Offline bvillercr

This is Jesse's responce to SCTA President Roy Creels letter stating the SCTA had nothing to do with his "Record" from over on the HAMB site.

"The SCTA (Southern Calif. Timing Association) was neither involved in, nor did we confirm Mr Jame's "record". In fact, Mr James did not set any record.

What he did accomplish was to exceed an existing record speed previously set by BMW.

His private timing event was timed by the same folks that time SCTA events and the course was set up by the same folks who set SCTA courses." Roy Creel, President, SCTA"

Nice!

The way I see it I played by SCTA's rules on everything. I had Mike Cook oversee everything we did on the car. I had "official" timing equipment set up, and got an SCTA official speed of 199.7mph. The car actually went 201.59mph on my GPS past the speed traps.

Since SCTA is now being Dicks since this was not "sanctioned" event?

I'm going to consider 201.59mph my top speed

First Hydrogen I.C.E. car to Break 200mph

Thanks SCTA!!

Looks like he respects the SCTA.  Why should anyone give him a break, he sounds a little spoiled to me.  Once he shows up to an event then he will get some respect.  He has done two LSR type builds both timed without showing up to any event.  Show up, race on our track with the same conditions and he will get my respect.   :cheers:

Troy Langlo